Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Reputation System Suggestion

Posted Apr 14, '11 at 1:13pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

What if the negative reputation could only be given by admins and mods?

I'm honestly not sure whether we'll have a "negative" reputation score.

Will ban counts affect your reputation?

Probably.

Another idea I had a while back that came up in another thread, was the notion of a "decaying" reputation, where you'd lose some reputation over time if you don't keep contributing to the site. One user had the idea of a checkpoint system so it'll never decay past a certain point, but I think you'd have to maintain a certain reputation for a lengthy period of time before we could enable that checkpoint for you. We're still discussing decaying reputation internally, so don't read too much into it.

Posted Apr 17, '11 at 3:32pm

IgorV

IgorV

5 posts

I want there to be achievements that can add to your reputation and give you armor points....kinda like on xbox360

Posted Apr 17, '11 at 6:03pm

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

I want there to be achievements that can add to your reputation and give you armor points....kinda like on xbox360

AG3 has achievements (confirmed), but I think they ditched AP, from what I heard.

Posted Apr 17, '11 at 6:04pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,606 posts

AG3 has achievements (confirmed), but I think they ditched AP, from what I heard.

There will be AP in AG3, but they will be for game achievements rather than community involvement.

Posted Apr 17, '11 at 6:08pm

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

There will be AP in AG3, but they will be for game achievements rather than community involvement.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking that... They won't have AP, but they'll have AP. That is, Armor Points and Achievement Points.

Posted Apr 17, '11 at 7:50pm

IcyIndia

IcyIndia

1,348 posts

they will still be called Armor Points

Actually, no. Points will be called something different. Here is the thread you should look at:

Migrating Armor Points to AGv3

Posted Apr 19, '11 at 7:57pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

We will not have "achivements points".

AP = Armor Points = game participation.

Achievements will be in a 'badge' sort of system, but we may call them 'shields' to keep with the theme of the site.

Actually, no. Points will be called something different.

I don't recall saying anywhere that we're not calling them 'points'. I do recall saying that we didn't want to call community involvement "reputation points" because we don't want to confuse which 'points' are what.

Posted Apr 25, '11 at 10:26am

thaboss

thaboss

1,667 posts

Achievements will be in a 'badge' sort of system, but we may call them 'shields' to keep with the theme of the site.

that's really cool!! i would love that!

Posted Apr 25, '11 at 4:45pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,475 posts

Knight

AP = Armor Points = game participation.

So it would be sort of like Kongregate when you get a certain achievement in the game it gives you a badge(shield) and you get points?

If so, then I rather like the idea because it would be more a challenge to get points because then people can't spam for them.

Posted Apr 25, '11 at 4:55pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,606 posts

I rather like the idea because it would be more a challenge to get points because then people can't spam for them.

That is definitely true, and spam will be further reduced if the Reputation system is smart, as in adjusting values based on who's rating and other stuff like that.

Reply to Reputation System Suggestion

You must be logged in to post a reply!