Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Reputation System Suggestion

Posted May 5, '12 at 5:02pm

ellock

ellock

387 posts

I think it would be a good thing in whole... but it would have its bad side. I think it would be cool though. Maybe keep AP and do not give AP when you rate a reputation.

Posted May 5, '12 at 5:56pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,671 posts

Knight

Maybe keep AP and do not give AP when you rate a reputation.

There will be Armor Points (AP), but they will be for game achievements, not community involvement.

Posted May 29, '12 at 1:29pm

thunderoxys

thunderoxys

6 posts

what if someone just rates them low because they want to not because they desurve it

Posted May 29, '12 at 6:51pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

6,891 posts

what if someone just rates them low because they want to not because they desurve it

If User A continually gives a poor rating to User B, then User A's ratings will not be counted as much for User B. This will stop people from hating on other user's, and will stop friend's from giving high ratings to their friends as well.

Posted Jul 6, '12 at 2:20pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

If User A continually gives a poor rating to User B, then User A's ratings will not be counted as much for User B. This will stop people from hating on other user's, and will stop friend's from giving high ratings to their friends as well.

They're going to have to implement some sort of notification system for this to actually work. If a user receives a lot of good or poor reputation in a day, they would pop up in the database. I imagine this being a hassle to monitor, but I don't have any other ideas.

Posted Jul 11, '12 at 4:44pm

kingofwar1234

kingofwar1234

611 posts

There should be a notification system, as ghost said... Sort of like facebook.... The whole adding thing, just saying that they added you, you can't not accept... Maybe like Instagram on the Ipod/ phone , It says that they mentioned you in a comment... I saw a private chat option while I was beta testing the site... There should just be a chat system like facebook there as well... Saying that they're online, and then you can chat.... But they can go offline!

Posted Jul 11, '12 at 4:58pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

I don't see how that has anything to do with the reputation system. Here we are discussing comments and posts receiving +'s and -'s. There is a sticky thread for things regarding a chat system.

Posted Jul 12, '12 at 3:02am

Laughable97

Laughable97

126 posts

I think it is not a very good idea for the forums. (Just a note, I skimmed through the thread so correct me if I'm wrong)

If it is for a user (Not posts) then it will just be a way for users to anonymously insult someone without having to show their face.

If it is for posts, it could be useful though, possibly a good argument in the WEPR could be given reputation points or maybe a interesting thread or topic in the tavern could get reputation from users that like the thread.

However, if there is a restriction on how many you can give a day (Or even a week) I think the "+" and "-" system will work much better. Or even better, you can only say "+" and "-" each user/post once a day. That way you won't have people bombing the "-" button.

I can see this ending up like youtube, where it all depends on popularity rather than the actual content.

For the comments it would be great though. Someone wrote a merit worthy comment? "+" their comment and a moderator can see them.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Posted Jul 12, '12 at 11:24am

Pazx

Pazx

6,125 posts

Steal the rep system from vBulletin. Seriously, it works fine.

I can see this ending up like youtube, where it all depends on popularity rather than the actual content.

People are gonna +rep funny posts and there's nothing you can do about it.

Posted Jul 12, '12 at 4:07pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Steal the rep system from vBulletin. Seriously, it works fine.

I love that system, but I'm aware it's hard to program. It results in glitches easily.

Reply to Reputation System Suggestion

You must be logged in to post a reply!