Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Reputation System Suggestion

Posted Oct 5, '12 at 4:18pm

Galbarix

Galbarix

2 posts

I wiLl be cool to have reputation. Im looking forward to it.

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 6:42pm

pokemonrocks126

pokemonrocks126

484 posts

why cant we just use armor games version 2 aka ag

please

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 7:01pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,701 posts

Knight

why cant we just use armor games version 2 aka ag

please

You cannot stop AG3 from coming, so it's no use to spam a preference for AG2. Besides, I think the reputation system is a good idea when the admins include algorithms to minimize abuse.

Posted Oct 17, '12 at 7:37pm

Joesyouruncle

Joesyouruncle

1 post

This sounds great, as if I'm looking for information on the forum, it will be much easier to see who I should/shouldn't be listening to with full attention, as well as whether people will listen to me. The only downside to this is, how much respect does it take away from people with a low reputation simply due to the fact that they only have a small number of posts? Even if they were all high quality posts? I think people with tons of short useless posts will still find ways to get a high rating if they really want it; multiple accounts, etc. I like the idea though, and it will be interesting to see how well everything is managed.

Posted Oct 26, '12 at 11:01am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

The only downside to this is, how much respect does it take away from people with a low reputation simply due to the fact that they only have a small number of posts? Even if they were all high quality posts?

This is something we need to be updated on.

As for multiple accounts, that's already regulated. People with multiple accounts are found and dealt with.

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 8:11am

shadowpwner927

shadowpwner927

6 posts

Can't you just keep the armor points?

Posted Oct 27, '12 at 2:07pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

The plan is to change the armor point system, so unfortunately we can't keep them if they're going to change. The idea is to reward armor points for achievements within games for specific things, and reputation points for community involvement, such as commenting on games and posting in the forums.

Posted Oct 28, '12 at 5:21pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,761 posts

The only problem I have with this is users that would rate a user poorly because of unjust reasons

For example, I would be given a poor rating from a user (who shall be left anonymous) because he believes I was cyber-bullying him, when in fact I was just giving him constructive criticism. So because of his obscure view of me, my reputation goes down

Posted Oct 28, '12 at 5:31pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,701 posts

Knight

For example, I would be given a poor rating from a user (who shall be left anonymous) because he believes I was cyber-bullying him, when in fact I was just giving him constructive criticism. So because of his obscure view of me, my reputation goes down

That is only a problem if down-votes are included. The admins have mentioned limiting Reputation to up-votes only. Even if down-votes were allowed, there would be "hater" algorithms to minimize the effects of the problem you mentioned. It has also been suggested that a reason be required for a down-vote.

Posted Oct 28, '12 at 5:34pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,478 posts

Knight

Of all the discussions we've had here about that, nothing makes it easy to regulate down votes. What I propose is just to have an upvote option and the flag, so people can flag things they think break the rules and upvote things they like.

Reply to Reputation System Suggestion

You must be logged in to post a reply!