Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Reputation System Suggestion

Posted May 3, '11 at 3:51pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

No, I wouldn't have said that about ranks. We had talked about doing that with forum posts to give you some starting Reputation.

Posted May 3, '11 at 8:58pm

Reton8

Reton8

2,496 posts

Also, the more users in the system, with rep, the less each vote counts for rep.

I just want to make a quick note, I was referring to a system that gave users a rep percent and not rep points, but I wan't commenting on the actual rep system being that's going to be used. I assume it'll be a system that gives out rep points (and not a rep percent).

Posted May 3, '11 at 11:05pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

No, I wouldn't have said that about ranks. We had talked about doing that with forum posts to give you some starting Reputation.

This is what i read.

- AG2 Serf Achievement, 5  New AP pts
- AG2 Squire Achievement, 10  New AP pts
- AG2 Knight Achievement, 20  New AP pts
- AG2 Lord Achievement, 40  New AP pts
- AG2 Duke Achievement, 60  New AP pts
- AG2 Prince Achievement, 80  New AP pts
- AG2 King Achievement, 100  New AP pts

At the time i read that, i thought the New AP and reputation were the same thing.

Posted May 4, '11 at 1:42pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

master565, I think those were examples of what we might do back in last 2010? But since then, we've said that your AG2 points/rank will transfer to achievements, and that any points we transfer, if any, will be related to game things like creating gameshares (which we've tracked since last August) or rating games, etc.

Posted May 5, '11 at 1:50pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

master565, you forgot to quote the sentence before the achievement/point setup I'd writte, which said:

something like the following: (subject to change)

I've added more notes to the point migration thread, and also opened it for discussion. Further point-related ideas/thoughts need to go into that thread.

Posted May 5, '11 at 1:52pm

master565

master565

3,874 posts

Either i missed that, or i figured since you didn't post any update to it that it was still true. Either way ,sorry.

Posted May 5, '11 at 6:12pm

lego6673

lego6673

1 post

I like the idea of a reccord system...  maybe we could have contests?

Posted May 5, '11 at 7:49pm

acmed

acmed

1,921 posts

change karma for sure
our points weve had for AG2 should ATLEAST be reconized.

Posted May 5, '11 at 8:20pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

acmed wrote:

our points weve had for AG2 should ATLEAST be reconized.

acmed, please go read the 'points' link and comment there for point-related concerns.

I like the idea of a reccord system...  maybe we could have contests?

Uh, I have no idea what a 'reccord system' is, or why contests would be involved.

Posted May 18, '11 at 4:04am

ExplosionsHurt

ExplosionsHurt

247 posts

Maybe they mean a "Hall of Fame"? People do contests to see who's the best Exit Path (just an example) player?

Reply to Reputation System Suggestion

You must be logged in to post a reply!