Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Reputation System Suggestion

Posted May 18, '11 at 1:45pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Yeah I like the hall of fame idea. Since we track the high scores in the database, it'd be easy enough to do on the game page.

But we're getting off topic. Feel free to start a new thread to discuss leaderboards.

Posted May 19, '11 at 12:32am

bubbarush

bubbarush

12 posts

what do you mean AG3? there are different armor games... i am a little confused..

Posted May 19, '11 at 1:37am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

I already said the first part. The second part is obvious. However, the third part is the useful one.

Got ninja'd.

what do you mean AG3?

Reading around the forums before posting always helps. AG3 is going to be the updated version of the site. The current site is AG2. There are several stickies in this sub-forum that talk about AG3.

Posted May 20, '11 at 2:51pm

Phyco

Phyco

41 posts

Work on like percentage.
start at 50%.
if you go around posting random stuff your prcent goes down by say 1 percente per random post.
A good post gets you say 1 perente up.
bad language is down by 25%.
reaching 0% locks you up and you cant make posts till u are unlocked by an adminastrator or moderator.
reaching 100% means that moderator takes a look at u and can turn you into a mini moderator
Having a high percent gives you many bonuses.

Posted May 20, '11 at 4:26pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,582 posts

mini moderator

What would a "mini moderator" do?

Posted May 20, '11 at 5:02pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

It's been discussed before. And they aren't going to have 'mini moderators'. If you can trust them with some moderator powers, then why can't you trust them with full power? What has been discussed and is under consideration though is that when you reach a certain level of reputation you might be able to lock your thread if you wish to do so.

Posted May 21, '11 at 1:40am

Phyco

Phyco

41 posts

What would a "mini moderator" do?

A mini moderator would have some moderator powers.

Posted May 22, '11 at 5:24pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,582 posts

A mini moderator would have some moderator powers.

GhostOfMatrix already answered this question and said no to mini moderators.

Posted May 23, '11 at 2:51am

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

your prcent goes down by say 1 percente per random post.

But how would you discern a "random" post?

reaching 0% locks you up and you cant make posts till u are unlocked

Hmm, that's a lot of extra manual work on our part just because someone can't follow rules. I kind of like the 'decay' idea, where it'll just reset itself back to some neutral value over time.

mini moderator

Nope, never happen. I've answered this question several times regarding AG3 already, and we've clearly stated that we will not give general users any sort of part-time / mini / semi / short-term kind of moderator powers.

Posted May 23, '11 at 4:09pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,582 posts

But how would you discern a "random" post?

I think he was trying to say "spammy," but I also think it would be too hard to discern spam from non-spam.

Reply to Reputation System Suggestion

You must be logged in to post a reply!