The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsThe TavernThis world is currently....not good enough

96 14859
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

Ever have one of those days where you don't want to do anything at all?

And when you start doing nothing, you don't want to be doing that either?

Yeah, today is one of those days for me. I don't really want to be here on AG, but I don't want to be anywhere else either. The only place I don't want to be is anywhere.

No, I'm not suicidal, just for the record. I'm just completely and utterly bored with absolutely everything.

Any ideas?

• 96 Replies
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,520 posts
Farmer

Yeah man I feel that way very often.

Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

Do a barrel roll!!!
not really... if you're bored.. just start walking somewhere... to a park or something? never know what'll happen... try to make a new friend... or dig holes... digging holes gets your mind off of things >_>

Dragonblaze052
Dragonblaze052
26,677 posts
Peasant

I've had a few of those. I just lie in bed, watch TV, come to AG and wait for tomorow.

loloynage2
loloynage2
4,206 posts
Peasant

Yes. You could think about you being bored. Or you could day dream. Or you could play video games. Or you could just chill.

Of course if that doesn't work you can always go on drugs. It may be dangerous but it's guaranteed to keep you away from boredom.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

Try taking a nap.

Soon you'll get hungry.

Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,420 posts
Nomad

Like my middle school Spanish teacher used to say:

"Get a life. Get a girlfriend. Get a room."

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

No, I'm not suicidal, just for the record. I'm just completely and utterly bored with absolutely everything.

I know those days. I detest them with a passion.

Try going to sleep always works for me, if not find your girlfriend provided you have one. I'm sure she'd appreciate your company.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

just start walking somewhere... to a park or something?

I have to cross busy streets to get to any parks. I have terrible street-crossing anxiety, which is why I rarely walk anywhere.

Plus all the parks in my area are "urban parks", meaning it isn't the kind of place you'd go to just for the sake of going to a park.

try to make a new friend

I have a terrible time making friends, and the only place I'd be able to find anyone to be my friend would be in a place with a lot of people. I hate crowds more than I do crossing the street.

or dig holes

When I find some patience, and a place to dig holes, I'll take you up on that offer.

It is kind of late. How about getting some sleep?

It's 7:25 in my time zone.

Try taking a nap.

I tried that, but I got bored of lying in bed.

if not find your girlfriend provided you have one.

I'm a 29-year-old guy on a flash gaming forum with over 8,000 posts. Do you honestly think I'd have a girlfriend?
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

I usually yell at little children when i get this feeling, but thats just me...

My serious answer is go to one of those sites where you get matched up with random people to chat with and say random stuff to them.

cowmaster1
cowmaster1
676 posts
Shepherd

Have you ever thought of going on a run? Its good for you and its something to.

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,344 posts
Bard

My serious answer is go to one of those sites where you get matched up with random people to chat with and say random stuff to them.

Like Omegle? Everyone there is either an 11-year-old or a pedophile.

Why am I worried about that? I'm worried about which category I'd fall under, since I'm not an 11-year-old...

Have you ever thought of going on a run?

I have no endurance whatsoever, and I have zero energy. All the time.

Plus, I hate crossing busy streets, but I'm surrounded by them, so it would just look like some crazy guy is circling the block.
shortay7562
shortay7562
134 posts
Nomad

I suggest that you listen to music and draw or do a hobby that you enjoy. Take some pictures of the world, read a book. Do research on something that intrests you to find cool stuff that you never knew. Go on an adventure. Discover new places. Cook a new meal that youve never made before. Clean the house. Take a warm shower/bath. Enjoy life. Endulge on some junk food. Sit in your backyard in a lawn chair and look at the world around you. Watch as the stars begin to come out. Think about random things. Do something peaceful. Lay on the couch with the TV on low and a warm drink in your hand and be content. Those are some of the things I do when im bored. Hope it helps.

Kyouzou
Kyouzou
5,061 posts
Jester

I'm a 29-year-old guy

...Seriously?

Read a book, I hear there are some good ones.
master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Like Omegle? Everyone there is either an 11-year-old or a pedophile

Why am I worried about that? I'm worried about which category I'd fall under, since I'm not an 11-year-old...

As i was reading the first part of your post i was thinking the same thing and then i read the second part and laughed.

Try buying a costume of a video game character or a shark and walk around the streets in it.
shortay7562
shortay7562
134 posts
Nomad

AH, and one more thing. Be a little more optimistic. See the world through someone else's eager eyes. Realize that you dont always have to be doing something to be happy.

Showing 1-15 of 96