ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 482219
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

Advice on long distance relationships?

Webcam, get involved with your parntner's life, etc but depending on how serious it is it's helpful to remember you could always take a break, especially if you can't physically see each other for long periods of time.

Works for me...?
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

iphone chat.

if you dont have an iphone, well, you dont have an iphone.

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
530 posts
Nomad

I agree with Jeol about the spongebob haha jk i just agree with him about the whole thing including the spongebob

Pazx
Pazx
5,845 posts
Peasant

FaceTime (iPhone video chat) is actually really, really good and I recommend it if you both have an iDevice with a camera. If you don't, that's ok, there's plenty of other ways.

GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

My first was ireland-america and lasted a year and three months but visits weren't regular.
Now i'm ireland-england and visits are weekly, once a month (sounds like child custody LOL).
But i don't know.

How did you get into that situation twice? Really good girls?

I had this European girl that I met and it could have made a great relations but we agreed it would be silly to have a relation between places so far so we just let it go after she went back home.
RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
530 posts
Nomad

nothing is silly about relationships, dont say that u never know ur future husband or wife could be living in New Zealand right now, u never know

GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

Yea but statistically my future wife is a lot more likely to be found somewhere close.
And I'd really hate to disappoint people but unless you're like 22 then you're girlfriend/boyfriend are probably not going to be you're future wife/husband...

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

okay, some more news. the girl i like is almost always like 5 metres away from me, dunno why and she seems to be like me back in my last school; kind of a loner with a few friends for comfort. i have also tried acting normally with my friends around her because usually we are the most immature but fun to be with group.

don't try to act normal. U said she liked u then don't change. just try to ........ um well talk to her more. u get to know her and she gets to know u
GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

What pickpocket said. And try to sneak in a little alone time with her without her (or you're) friends around. After you do that try to get her number and you win.

zakyman
zakyman
1,631 posts
Peasant

I actually have been single for just over a year now, and there is a girl I like in school. Unfortunately, she is a shiksa, so my parents would never approve. Any thoughts to help me out?

GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

If she likes you and you like her then I suggest you talk to your parents about it and that it shouldn't make them uncomfortable because it's not like you're getting married. Right now they probably dismiss it as nothing to big and that you can easily find someone else.

GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

Fergot:
If it doesn't work out then seeing you're looking for a relations I suggest you go to a coffee shop around town with a friend or two, I like going to Aroma coffee shops. Usually at weekends its full of girls who have nothing to do, at all ages, and their just waiting for guys to pick them up. The buity of it is that you have so much choices and if you mess you you don't have to see any of them ever again.

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
530 posts
Nomad

dude u make that sound wrong like they are prostitutes or soemthen

GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

Their not prostitutes, their girls looking for boyfriends. Just like guys who want a girl, there's also girls looking for guys. It doesn't all have to come from school, in fact a lot if not most of relationships are made by pickups in clubs, coffee shops, etc.

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
530 posts
Nomad

ya but u kinda made it sound like it. but i no what u ment

Showing 136-150 of 2106