ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 483345
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

So pang just asked a girl out on a date. She said yes.

BRB going to jump for joy for hours on end now

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I have to ask, what are you guys doing for your date?

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Way to go girl! Im happy for you Pangtong

Its quite funny how our cases are quite opposite.....

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

We discussed it so as to agree on a mutual option. She pushed for bowling..and I agreed.

And thank you danielo ^-^

I do hope you all luck for future endeavors D=

daleks
daleks
3,770 posts
Chamberlain

I like her already. Bowling is awesome.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Well? How it went? We want to hear everything!

EVERYTHING!

(Joking, but do tell us how it went please?)

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Date is set for this Sunday..so the beans will be spilled then =p

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

hey peoples. im back again. this time with a somewhat more embarrassing story.

so in my last update, I said that the girl who friendzoned me with the &quotact" and I were fighting, and that i had acquired a girlfriend.

Well the first girl and I made up, and the second girl and I just sputtered out. I now realize that I am "going out" with this girl out of pity and guilt because i just cant say no. This girl is not challenging me intellectually and it is driving me insane. And we NEVER see each other(movie date didnt happen, I got hospitalized in greece) and we rarely talk.

so as soon as i realized this(somewhere around july 4th) i conspired with the first girl who said in short that she cant wait any longer and she knows i cant, so she wants to screw the "wait till sophmore year" and attempt dating ASAP after school starts.

so i need to 'break up' with the second girl. but im a softie, so i cant facetime her to do this, because if i see her upset, then ill break down-_-. but over text is so hurtful. i dont have a phone that calls so thats out of the question.

but i now have mixed feelings about the first one. plus i just started HS and there are so many more opportunities for me especially because i am at an advanced school, so everyone is very intelligent and smart. this girl is smart, but i now realize how much of a lying b**** she is sometimes.

help?

idigit
idigit
255 posts
Nomad

Something i didnt mention, girl #1 goes to a school where the 90% of guys are gay, no joke. so she doesnt have options whereas i do.

danielo
danielo
1,773 posts
Peasant

Well Pangtung?

And for you idigit - this is complex. I understand your difficulty. But remember, "There are many fishes in the sea". Most likely you will break up with both of them. So take it easy. If its not quite simple, i belive (i might be wrong, so dont count on me), and you have to force it to happen, well... i think that mean that something is rotten deep in. Think about it. And please dont take it as truth from Sinai.

Reddash
Reddash
76 posts
Scribe

Alright I've got a bit of an issue. So I've been seeing this girl for a few months now, right? I made my move about a month after she broke up with her boyfriend 'cuase he was cheating on her. We did stuff together over the summer like I would go over to her place and we'd hang out in her garage, or I invited her over around 9' to just sit by the fire with me in my back yard with some music playing. There was this thing down in Missouri, some of you may have heard of, The Steubenville catholic youth conferences? Now her parents were making her go because they are super religious and such, and she wasn't to thrilled by this due to a number of reasons I'll not go into. Now this was before I had asked her out(sorry this part didn't come first) and she came to me asking if I would go with her because she didn't want to go alone. Her family was also friends with the local organizers of the trip, so they had a free spot set up for me if I said yes. Naturally, I did. I asked her out on the bus on the way there(I live in the upper northwest) and she said yes, from that point you know the rest. But now if we fast forward to now, we have me dumped in the middle of the school day and just kind of sulking for the rest of the day and then at the end I walked over to her and she wouldn't even look at me. now when I say that I don't mean a superior "I don't need you" kind of not looking, I mean a "I'm embarrassed and ashamed so please don't notice me" not looking. when I got her to acknowledge me I only said one word, "Why?" and see looked down, not wanting to meet my gaze again, and responded in one word, "Cody."(the cheating ex) With that I turned and left, got home and typed this up after a few hours. I don't know what to do, I feel used and betrayed, and yet I still care for her. I'm just so confused, and I'm sorry this is so long, I just have a long and vivid memory of all this.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Well Pangtung?

Come on dani D=

*pang
or pangtongshu

Anywho..date fell through. Tried to reschedule but she didn't answer about that. We hung out and stuff since..but I guess it ain't happening. Ah well.

I made my move about a month after she broke up with her boyfriend

****..patience. Kudos.

and we'd hang out in her garage

wat
Though..I shouldn't say anything..with my reputation from a number of months ago. pick might remember if he drops in here again.

There was this thing down in Missouri, some of you may have heard of, The Steubenville catholic youth conferences?

da fuq..when did this happen.

With that I turned and left, got home and typed this up after a few hours. I don't know what to do, I feel used and betrayed, and yet I still care for her. I'm just so confused, and I'm sorry this is so long, I just have a long and vivid memory of all this.

I feel ya..been in very similar situation. Here's what I gotta say
1) Feel lucky you got closure. Trust me.
2) It's going to suck. I'm going to be honest. It's going to hurt..and it's going to be a ***** to get through. But it is not, by any means, the end of the world. Find hobbies..hang out with friends..do things so you aren't sitting alone with your mind to wonder.
Don't let yourself get so caught up on the relationship. It is ok to reflect on it..reflections are a great way to learn about oneself and learn from experience..but don't think about how "wonderful it was" or how "happy you were", because then you won't allow yourself to move on and become even happier.
Reddash
Reddash
76 posts
Scribe

Thanks Pang, I do trust you on the closure bit, last time I didn't get any. and I believe the conference was in July. and now that you mentioned it, what's wrong with the garage?
But really, thanks I don't have a ton of people to talk to at the moment,(when we first knew each other we were just two people we knew could trust each other) so it's nice when I can be more or less anonymous and still get help.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

so it's nice when I can be more or less anonymous and still get help.

Tis the beauty of the internet.
I agree with what pang said for the most part. Try to forget. Do not think of her as the most important thing in your life, because she isnt. You just have to move on. Its not easy, but thats the hard truth.
Reddash
Reddash
76 posts
Scribe

Well, I went and talked to her again today, I told her I wanted her to at least make eye contact with me, and that I just hoped she'd be happy and that we could still be friends. She was fine with that, but I could tell she was uncomfortable talking to me. Word's starting to get out now, but her friends had become my friends and mine her's, so no social damage was really done. Still feels like someone stabbed me in the gut every time I see her though.

Showing 1966-1980 of 2106