Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

General Relationship Thread

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 5:28pm

AceofSky

AceofSky

782 posts

How many girls are you trying to get at? **** *****.

I'm trying to get friends. Just friends. Not FwB, just friends. Haha.

I mean, boys and girls can be friends without there being anything between them, right?

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 6:16pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

440 posts

I mean, boys and girls can be friends without there being anything between them, right?

It's not easy. You'd have to look past gender, but you've already categorized. I mean, does it matter whether your friends are boys and girls? Even if you're one to value diversity, shouldn't diversity of thought be more important?

For most, there's bound to be some innate form of physical attraction when they're friends with the opposite gender. For reference, check this video out.

I haven't read through all of your posts, but I had related problem in trying to befriend a girl this past term. We were floormates (she moved out of the building for unrelated reasons), and we had a course together. Large class of around 140 people. One day, a few weeks into the term, she randomly decided to sit next to me, even though we had barely talked to each other before that. Afterwards, it became a common thing. I started sitting around the same area, and she'd somehow recognize me and take the seat next to me if it were open. This girl is pretty attractive, so I actually wanted to make a move. But I was also afraid that, successful or not, it'd ruin our "friendship."

But anyway, back to your question: Do you think you'd want to befriend a girl that you didn't hold some physical attraction towards? And even if by some spontaneous event, you were to form a friendship with that kind of girl (perhaps by common interests), wouldn't you eventually become attracted to her? I can't say these are fully rhetorical questions though. Maybe you think differently than I do. But based on that video, that seems to be the way a good deal of men think. It's harsh, but I consider most of the girls I've associated with as either acquaintances or people I wanna hook up with. Occasionally, a girl comes along who I actually want to make a relationship out of, but those are rare. The people whom I hang out with most are guys, and I think that will always hold true (besides girlfriend/wife).

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 7:25pm

AceofSky

AceofSky

782 posts

For reference, check this video out.

Wow. So...I guess not. I feel stupid, but seriously I get it. There could be a chance that one of them falls in love with the other.

Answers to your questions (in order):
No.
Yes.

But I mean isn't it good to have friends? Since you never know truly.

I now understand why Daleks asked me that question about me having any guy friends.

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 8:39pm

daleks

daleks

3,704 posts

OMG, Ace posted a Lady A song!
*Starts flipping out for no good reason*

I feel like just flipping out and trashing her since she is getting pretty annoying, but above all...she hurt my feelings.Ace does have feelings.

Ace does have feelings, but that doesn't mean you can just go and hurt someone else's feelings.
Not FwB, just friends.

But FwB would be beneficial. Lol, I made a bad joke.
For reference, check this video out.

Don't listen to that BS. I have plenty of girl friends that I am just friends with.
But I mean isn't it good to have friends?

Yes, if you don't have friends then you are probably sad most of the time.
I now understand why Daleks asked me that question about me having any guy friends.

I was just wondering. You should have friends from both genders.

Posted Dec 2, '12 at 9:06pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

440 posts

Don't listen to that BS. I have plenty of girl friends that I am just friends with.

I was just wondering. You should have friends from both genders.

I commend you for not harboring feelings for your girl friends, but I think the rationale that the video is trying to convey is reasonable. Ace can decide for himself whether or not it holds true for himself. However, actively trying to make friends with girls because they're girls probably isn't the best idea. Not sure if that's his intent, but it's something to keep in mind if you want to create meaningful friendships. I wouldn't think poorly of a person who only has friends of the same sex or even of a person who only has friends of the same race.

Posted Dec 4, '12 at 2:34pm

MoMunchiez

MoMunchiez

4 posts

can anyone help me? need to create a new AG acc, how?

Posted Dec 4, '12 at 6:31pm

AceofSky

AceofSky

782 posts

can anyone help me? need to create a new AG acc, how?

A second account? I'm pretty sure it isn't allowed while you still have the other. Certain things qualify you for another account, but why do you want one? But seriously, this isn't the place to do it.

Ace does have feelings, but that doesn't mean you can just go and hurt someone else's feelings.

I wasn't too hard on her...I questioned her ability of lifting?
To which she got mad at me for and yeah....Do I seriously kiss up and apologize when it's a popular joke?

Ace can decide for himself whether or not it holds true for himself.

Sure of course it's going to eventually be there, but I mean if I burry it away and convince myself I don't like anybody, I shall be fine!

However, actively trying to make friends with girls because they're girls probably isn't the best idea.
I wouldn't think poorly of a person who only has friends of the same sex or even of a person who only has friends of the same race.

I mean...it would look pretty sexist if I was trying to be more outgoing and all I had was guy friends. Or they would question my heterosexuality? At least to the people that don't consider your values.

Let's end with this:
You should have friends from both genders.

That is what I am trying to do. I mean if it is a 1:100 ratio, I would strangely treasure that one gender.
A guy: Hang out with him pretty often.
A girl: Hang out with her pretty often.

Posted Dec 4, '12 at 9:43pm

rayoflight3

rayoflight3

440 posts

I mean...it would look pretty sexist if I was trying to be more outgoing and all I had was guy friends. Or they would question my heterosexuality? At least to the people that don't consider your values.

Eh, I wouldn't really worry about how people perceive me. As long as I have good friends--guy, girls, or both--it's fine.

All I'm saying is that friendships should come naturally. Sure, I'd make a slight effort if I feel the other person shares similar interests, but I'm not going to befriend a person just because he's black so that everyone is absolutely aware of my impartiality to race. Same logic applies to girls. I'm sure that's not exactly what you're trying to do, but as I said, it's something to keep in mind. I'd take one good guy friend over five not-so-great girl friends any day. (Hook ups are a different story though.)

Posted Dec 4, '12 at 9:51pm

daleks

daleks

3,704 posts

...I questioned her ability of lifting?

And you are questioning that you questioned her ability of lifting. Periods dude. Periods.

Anyway I do not know what you mean by questioning her ability to lift. Can you clarify?

Posted Dec 4, '12 at 11:20pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

5,895 posts

Can you clarify?

Bro, do you even lift?
All I'm saying is that friendships should come naturally.

Yeah. dont be all nervous and stuff. There is no point then.

Reply to General Relationship Thread

You must be logged in to post a reply!