Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

General Relationship Thread

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 10:17pm

idigit

idigit

259 posts

Sorry typo. I KNEW it looked wrong. Angel*

he is immature, inappropriate, rude, thinks he is all that.

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 10:19pm

daleks

daleks

3,296 posts

he is immature, inappropriate, rude, thinks he is all that.

But does she make him happy? Even if all this is true if you really like this girl you would just want her to be happy.

Posted Feb 5, '13 at 10:20pm

idigit

idigit

259 posts

Sorry for DP

she believes in "opposites attract" too much. this is the second time she has gone out with a guy like this.

See the thing is that she is VERY serious, conservative, disciplined, respectful, and focused on school. none of the guys she is ever with are like that. they are rude, loud, obnoxious, and inappropriate.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 10:56pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,164 posts

Knight

Life is as such. If you really love a girl and care for her, you'll only wish her happiness.

Posted Feb 6, '13 at 11:13pm

idigit

idigit

259 posts

Ive told her that. I dont care if we ever "date" or whatever. as long as she is happy with whoever she is with. Whether it be happiness in school, life, or relationships.

Posted Feb 7, '13 at 12:07am

xeano321

xeano321

2,598 posts

Knight

Well, I never thought I would be looking for advice from this thread, but when you need it, you need it.

My problem is kind of odd... I work as a courtesy clerk (carryout, bagger, bag boy), and I'm the only guy that's under 20 in the whole store, and I'm the only guy courtesy clerk. (There's six more of us. All girls.)

Now here's the issue: I'm no heartthrob. Girls have not really found me interesting, but it doesn't bother me. Now, however, I can't work with this one girl clerk without her following me around! I thought it was just me at first, but it's not. I can walk through the entire store, and she will follow me at a distance (Say 50 ft.)

Don't get me wrong, I like her (I don't have a crush on her, and I don't want a gf right now, so don't misinterpret that.) She's nice, always happy, works hard... She's told me like 600 times she has a bf, and she is obsessed with him. Every time he comes around, she's always hanging on him, then she starts telling me what they did last night (I could care less, really.)

I just don't get why she follows me around... I have four sisters, and I never heard of them doing that to a guy... I just need to figure something out before her BF suspects something (that's right, I picked up a rumor that he would come after me if I bothered her... which I'm not.)

This is quite the mess... Hopefully you can understand the whole mess.

Posted Feb 7, '13 at 1:07am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

5,011 posts

Document events in detail (who when and where). Tell her directly (but kindly) how you feel and be clear that you want her to stop. If that doesn't work, file a report with a manager, just to cover your *** in case she says you're doing something or that it's mutual.

Posted Feb 9, '13 at 9:00pm

sweettanner

sweettanner

36 posts

I'm just going to throw this out their. I've been friends with this girl for a while. i've started to develop feeling for her and now its got to were she is all i think about. Here's the kicker. She just wants to stay friends. how do i get out of the "friend zone" thats like quick sand? you try and take a step froward but end up taking two steps back?

Posted Feb 9, '13 at 9:20pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

5,011 posts

Give her time. Stay good friends. That's about all you can do. Don't rush it or pressure her, or you might be in the "no longer friends zone". If she wants to take it further, she will. If you really want to do something, just do more things as friends.

Posted Feb 9, '13 at 11:46pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,164 posts

Knight

If she tells you about her bf and boy problems, she's not into you. She might just want a friend who's a guy. Nothing unusual.

how do i get out of the "friend zone" thats like quick sand? you try and take a step froward but end up taking two steps back?

You almost really can't. I did for a while, then we broke up, and now we're kinda best friends. Not really best friends, but not really bgr. Don't go there. It's a dark place.

If you really want to, escalate things sexually. Honest.

Reply to General Relationship Thread

You must be logged in to post a reply!