Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

General Relationship Thread

Posted Feb 10, '13 at 12:00am

daleks

daleks

3,299 posts

develop feeling for her

Only 1 feeling? Odd. Usually it is more of a jumble for me.

Posted Feb 10, '13 at 12:10am

JoshDragon

JoshDragon

334 posts

You may or may not remember my story. I dont expect anyone to. i am just to insignificant to matter anyway.

So recap. I REALLY like girl. Girl is suicidal Yes she is getting help. Yes I have stopped her from committing suicide twice in the last six months. Yes i am fine and not emotionally scarred for anyone who cares.
Girl is already dating a guy. Guy is a D*****B**. She sees him as an angle from heaven. Her parents are horrible and are older than my grandparents. SHE IS AMAZING THOUGH. Anyway. So a while back I said that her and her D*****B** BF would be breaking up. I was wrong. they are closer than ever and it seems like they'll stay like that for a while. she said the ONLY reason she would ever break up with him is if he cheated on her, committed a crime, or was inappropriate with her.

So that was my update on my sucky life.

"there's one more girl I wont be gettin"

extra points to anyone who knows what song that is from.

This is often the case with people who have a low self-esteem. They're attracted to people who are losers.

As crazy as it sounds, they'd rather be in an abusive relationship than have someone close to them who truly cares.

It's a very sad thing. Especially if you have feelings for that person.

Posted Feb 10, '13 at 4:03pm

sweettanner

sweettanner

36 posts

Only 1 feeling? Odd. Usually it is more of a jumble for me.
sorry forgot to make it plural.

Posted Feb 13, '13 at 9:29pm

daleks

daleks

3,299 posts

sorry forgot to make it plural.

I know man. Just giving you a hard time.

This is often the case with people who have a low self-esteem. They're attracted to people who are losers

I resent that. My self esteem is probably low but I don't chase losers.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 10:30am

fantasy4life

fantasy4life

1,062 posts

My story starts with a girl. A girl that makes me feel like something out of this world, like I'm on cloud 9, I have butterflies in my stomach every time I think about her. My heart choose her the first time I laid my eyes on her, I felt like I was melting and my heart was throbbing. Back then, I didn't know how to approach her, not to mention she was several years younger than me so I didn't have any opportunity to talk to her. Sadly, I could only glance at her from time to time never expressing how I truly felt. As times passed, I went to high school and I buried my feelings deep inside of me, never truly gone, but forgotten to me.
It would be fate if I found her somehow, wouldn't it? No, not really. More like chance, a mere coincidence. I won't lie, I'm still an ignorant fool, I have much to learn in life and stuff to experience, but if I ever did get a chance to meet her, at least I hope it would have a happy ending.
So, lets call it fate, that several days ago I found her on facebook, a social network I wasn't really thrilled on using, and of course I send her a friend request. I was blinded by stupidity, so I don't know what came over me when I decided to do what I did.
This part is very anti-climactic, and just sad.
So I decided to send her a message and this is how the conversation went, roughly;
I greeted her, and asked if she knew me at all (we did meet on several occasions)
she said no, of course, since I was a total stranger to her.
I explained who I was and if she remembered me then, and she jokingly replied that she still doesn't know who I am.
I decided to introduce myself fully, in turn I indirectly asked her to do the same, which she jokingly said that I send her the friend request so I should already know who she was.

At this point, this is just a train-wreck waiting to happen. I'm not the brightest when it comes to love, I admit that, but even I shouldn't be so oblivious and rash in the next few segments.

So skip a few parts, she said that she doesn't know who I am so she would rather not introduce herself to me, she asked some questions, skip this part,
Ok the main event,
my mind was focused on "life without regret" and you know something is bound to go wrong.
Stupidity knows no limits, so i decided to confess to her out of the blue. (This seemed like a good idea at the time, I hate my past self for thinking that.)
I asked if she wanted to hear something funny, to which she replied what, and I told her she was my first love.
She said something in the lines of "sorry, but I don't know what to say"
To which I said a bunch of BS that I shouldn't ever dare to say.
I mostly said how her response would be something like "*****k off, don't talk to me again", said something corny like "my heart choose you,and it will always belong to you" and the last line roughly translated "sorry for shocking you in a way, feel free to hate me forever for that"
I don't know what the **** came over me when I wrote that. I am a moron, I know, I know.
And her last response, from yesterday, was, roughly translated,  "ok, that's enough, stop screwing with me -.-".

Ok, so if you were kind enough to read the whole story, If you have any advice whatsoever, I would gladly listen to it, I am desperate. I mean it, any advice.

Posted Feb 18, '13 at 2:52pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,504 posts

*cracks knuckles*
Who missed me?

Ok, so if you were kind enough to read the whole story, If you have any advice whatsoever, I would gladly listen to it, I am desperate. I mean it, any advice.

Ask, and you shall receive.
First off I would just like to say that this entire situation is screwed up. If you have a crush on a girl, you slowly warm up to them and they to you. That would have been the best way to handle it. Now, I hate it to no end when people say, "you should have done this..." because I dont care and it already happened. Moving on to the problem at hand, you need to talk face to face. Its one thing to confess that over the internet but doing it face to face will be better. She cannot dodge you easily and you look less-pathetic. You could play it off as you were just screwing with them, and that would be bad within itself and it ruins any hopes or dreams you had. For example you could say, "sorry my friends hacked me, who are you?" ex, which is basically throwing everything under the carpet in an attempt to clean up. You could try again face to face, but I cant guaranty anything there. Or, you could just take this as a lesson and move on. Its unhealthy what you are doing, obsessing over someone. It makes you belittle yourself and closes doors to other options.

I agree with you that you should take your shots when given amo, but at least aim a little next time.
Gamer metaphors ftw!
K, well thats all I got right now. Hope it was kinda helpful.

Posted Feb 26, '13 at 7:55pm

samiel

samiel

355 posts

Short bitter and to the point.I fell in love with girl ,girl breaks up with me I stop talking to girl, girl keeps staring at me. I confront girl "Uhm why are you stairing at me?"She look surprised."How can you see that?" To which I respond."I have perfiral vision." After I ask the question again she tells me an answer clearly lieng. I confront lies she lies even more. Still to this day she lies to me but thankfully the staring issue is minamal now

Posted Feb 26, '13 at 9:40pm

daleks

daleks

3,299 posts

Well why did you end up not talking to her? Did your relationship end badly? Maybe she still wants to be friends but doesn't want you getting mad?

Posted Feb 27, '13 at 7:12am

samiel

samiel

355 posts

Well why did you end up not talking to her? Did your relationship end badly? Maybe she still wants to be friends but doesn't want you getting mad?

It ended badly yes. If I talked to her I get pissed off.If she doesnt want me mad she does a terrible job

Posted Mar 1, '13 at 8:32pm

wakyswag

wakyswag

172 posts

*Looks around*
Who remembers me?
*Sees nobody*
Moving on...

@Samiel - Just ignore her. If you really don't like her, just ignore it. Trust me, it helps.

@fantassy4life
Hi. It seems to me, that you need to talk to her in real life. You need to apologize, and try to make up to her. Don't continue to talk to her on facebook, you will look like a coward. Just say that your sorry, just like you did here. This part may take a while, but do not try to tell her you love her for a while. It will make you seem needy. Don't do it.
A lot of that came from experience.

Reply to General Relationship Thread

You must be logged in to post a reply!