Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

General Relationship Thread

Posted Mar 9, '13 at 11:49pm

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

Then later on she'll be like "what happened to your accent?" and I can say "I was faking it because I like British accents" and she'll say "aw that's too bad, I loved it because you sounded like One Direction" and then I punch her in the head.

This made me lol. But don't punch her in the head. To Violence Against Women, Australia Says No.

Funny thing actually. My girlfriend was born in China but grew up mostly in London. So naturally, she has a British accent... And I went to a private high school in Australia, which gave me a British accent, at least, close enough so that if I ever run into any Americans, they assume I'm from England.

Posted Mar 10, '13 at 1:43am

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,222 posts

Here's dating advice from a 20-year-old guy with a long history of failed relationships: Use a British accent.

Funny you should mention that, actually. Just this summer I was walking down a public beach, cruising for females (I was a loser with nothing to lose). To any American, I have a pretty convincing Australian accent. Had I actually talked to any females on that beach, which I had planned to but never did, I would have used that accent on them and most likely claimed to have been from Melbourne (I practiced that one all down the beach).

I was on vacation for a week. I wasn't looking for anything long-term.

Posted Mar 10, '13 at 1:56am

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,354 posts

If she'll only have sex with you because of false claims about your nationality, it's rape by fraud. Just a fun fact to throw out there.

Anyway, I was going to provide commentary on the gender swapped partner, but let's focus on the important thing: Strop has a girlfriend?!??!?!!?

Posted Mar 10, '13 at 7:18am

Strop

Strop

11,085 posts

To any American, I have a pretty convincing Australian accent. Had I actually talked to any females on that beach, which I had planned to but never did, I would have used that accent on them and most likely claimed to have been from Melbourne (I practiced that one all down the beach).

Oh oh oh I wish I was your wingman, then the ladies could hear what a real Melbourne accent sounded like. Because I'm an Australian. Living in Melbourne.

Strop has a girlfriend?!??!?!!?

I knew you'd notice. The short answer is yes, and I got a good feeling about this.

Posted Mar 10, '13 at 1:44pm

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,354 posts

The short answer is
I don't care about the short answer. I'll be on AIM and Skype :3

Posted Mar 10, '13 at 3:31pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,700 posts

If she'll only have sex with you because of false claims about your nationality, it's **** by fraud. Just a fun fact to throw out there.

You hear that guys..don't let 'em know you are faking it!

Posted Mar 10, '13 at 10:09pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,222 posts

If she'll only have sex with you because of false claims about your nationality, it's **** by fraud.

Say the accent was only a catalyst in the process of getting the girl to talk to you.... would that fun fact still apply?

Oh oh oh I wish I was your wingman, then the ladies could hear what a real Melbourne accent sounded like. Because I'm an Australian. Living in Melbourne.

Well that's a bit of a problem if you're all the way in Melbourne. Your accent wouldn't exactly be exotic in that location.

But if you were my wingman, they wouldn't necessarily be attracted to my fake Australian accent anyway. Some wingman you'd be if you ended up getting the girl and I didn't. :P

Posted Mar 10, '13 at 10:15pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

6,318 posts

Being a wingman would only work if the other guy DIDN'T have a British accent, because then you'd get a love triangle.

Posted Mar 10, '13 at 10:18pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,222 posts

Being a wingman would only work if the other guy DIDN'T have a British accent, because then you'd get a love triangle.

Yeah, that's why I figured I've always had to be my own wingman. If I had someone else do it, they'd probably end up with the girl and I'd be the third wheel in a relationship I intended to engineer for myself.

Posted Mar 11, '13 at 12:17am

Xzeno

Xzeno

2,354 posts

Say the accent was only a catalyst in the process of getting the girl to talk to you.... would that fun fact still apply?
Of course. The if... then of the statement is unambiguous.

Reply to General Relationship Thread

You must be logged in to post a reply!