Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

General Relationship Thread

Posted Mar 17, '13 at 4:24pm

daleks

daleks

3,296 posts

Ha, Shovel is having trouble with his new phone.

It isn't a new phone. It was an update on my phone. Get it right.

Did you ask that girl out yet, Shovel?

No.

Posted Mar 18, '13 at 7:27pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,044 posts

That's rule 30. Learn your internet rules before you quote them. Keep rule 16 in mind though: "If you fail in epic proportions, it may just become a winning failure."

I was using Urban Dictionary's "Rules of the Internet." I forgot about DWF.

Posted Mar 18, '13 at 9:20pm

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

5,044 posts

It's Spring Break (for me)! I don't have a girlfriend and I have no vacation plans, so I'll be at work and on AG the whole time. Does anyone have plans for themselves and their significant other?

Posted Mar 19, '13 at 12:24am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

I forgot about DWF.

Meh..I doubt she will be back on anymore. So it is safe to discount her

It's Spring Break (for me)! I don't have a girlfriend and I have no vacation plans, so I'll be at work and on AG the whole time. Does anyone have plans for themselves and their significant other?

Spring Break for me is normally the weekend plus ~2 days..and I think I just had it O.o so..yeah

Posted Mar 20, '13 at 1:41pm

Strop

Strop

10,824 posts

Does anyone have plans for themselves and their significant other?

I live in the other half of the world and don't get this thing called Spring Break, but when one only gets the chance to see one's significant other on average once a week, one tends to plan to make the most of it. We'll start with horse riding lessons and work our way from there. There's like a million options worth exploring and if one is sufficiently interested one would try at least many of them :P

Posted Mar 21, '13 at 12:30am

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,219 posts

Does anyone have plans for themselves and their significant other?

I have to go on a mandatory family vacation to Mexico during my spring break, and I can't persuade my parents to let her stay with me during her spring break because I'll be in school, so no, sadly, nothing planned.

Posted Mar 26, '13 at 4:38pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,219 posts

So I've been dating this one girl for about three months now, and up until recently I was sure it was true love. Now I'm not so sure. We've seen each other only 7 times in the time that we've known each other because she lives more than 30 miles away, and I'm the only one between the two of us with a car, so 99% of our relationship has been through text. In the beginning, I enjoyed the texting because it made me feel closer to her, but recently I realized we've really been exchanging the same texts every day and it's becoming tedious. Love isn't tedious. When I do see her, I sometimes don't even recognize her at first, and when we're together, I often feel as if we're nothing alike. Is this really a relationship I should want to be in?

Of course, she absolutely adores me and sees a future with me because I consistently make her laugh (not mutual) and I'm very loving and agreeable, but the relationship hasn't gone anywhere from where it was when we first met (online, because I'm no good with meeting girls in the real world) and I don't see it going anywhere in the future either.

My alternative is being single, but free of the commitment to someone who 99% of the time is just too far away to be anything more than a sentence or two on my phone.

What do you guys suggest?

Posted Mar 26, '13 at 9:30pm

daleks

daleks

3,296 posts

What do you guys suggest?

You have to tell her how you feel. That is the best thing for now. She how she reacts or if it improves. Then go from there.

Anyway, for my own story. I asked the girl to prom. She declined because she would not be able to make it and she is with someone else (which I did not know). However she did say that she was flattered for the offer. So ya, sad that she cannot come but at least we are still good friends.

Posted Mar 26, '13 at 9:50pm

StormWalker

StormWalker

3,663 posts

Question: I put this question somewhere else but it goes here too, I guess.
Two of my friends are going out. And I'm fine with that. However, every spare second they're making out. Which is nasty. Really. I mean, yay, all good for them, but REALLY? When I or any other friends are in the middle of talking? My friend is a pretty good friend, but then her boyfriend shows up and its all "OUR FACES ARE HUGGING." (I don't really know this boyfriend-person, but he is violent when I piss him off, as only I am able to do on accident.)
So, ways to make them stop without direct confrontation? Because a different person in her band class that doesn't even know my group of friends notices, and then it's just getting weird. And direct confrontation did not work. No sir. It just made my friend mad, and she's not fun when she's mad. Also, I can not do this 'directly confrontating' thing. That's not my way.
Nope.
And this kind of turned into a rant. Sorry. But answers? :3

Posted Mar 26, '13 at 9:59pm

R2D21999

R2D21999

8,566 posts

I saw where you asked this and aimed right at the General Relationship Thread.

This is why my school has (stupid)PDA rules. Can't you just tell a teacher or someone? I can't actually help much since I'm not in your school but it could solve something.

Of course some business is far beyond teachers. Just ignore it in my opinion.

Reply to General Relationship Thread

You must be logged in to post a reply!