Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

General Relationship Thread

Posted May 7, '13 at 5:55pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

Lol, in the bag already, but normally if you were old enough, I would suggest escalating it to another level just to nail it.

Since it was to me..

I'm not that young I'll have you know..but I'm not asking her out to just "nail it"..I don't like the idea of such a thing. I like taking things relatively slow..have the relationship mean something.

Anyways..unless something happens..we have plans to grab a quick bite to eat and then go to the movies after school tomorrow. We would do the date this weekend..but I'll be in Kansas City (anyone a KC resident and want to meet pang? =D)

I'll let y'all know how it goes (the date..maybe KC too)

Posted May 8, '13 at 9:12am

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,516 posts

but I'll be in Kansas City (anyone a KC resident and want to meet pang? =D)

Yankees :D
Of course, KC will be great if the Yanks win. And if they dont break Moe again.

Where am... O! GRT. OK. Ya. I remember this place.

Just die already!
But uh yeah. I agree with the other peoples. Texting/Facebook is ok every now and then, but it kills any chance you have if you use it too much. Face to face is best, and if you cant do that I think something like skype or a phone call would be better than texting.

Posted May 8, '13 at 9:21am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

I'm not that young I'll have you know..but I'm not asking her out to just "nail it"..I don't like the idea of such a thing. I like taking things relatively slow..have the relationship mean something.

Oh no not that, the nail it here has no sexual connotations to it. The word escalate does though. Nail it as in seal the deal, and ensure she gets with you.

Posted May 18, '13 at 9:33pm

samiel

samiel

355 posts

What can someone do about someone he wants to get with but refuses to stay with him even though she likes him alot and has told him even wal in a relationship with someone else.

Posted May 18, '13 at 11:03pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

Nothing. If she blatantly says she wants a relationship with someone else, why bother.

Posted May 18, '13 at 11:16pm

samiel

samiel

355 posts

Problem is she doesn't want a relationship, she wont stay with anyone I'm really trying to figuire her out more than anything

Posted May 18, '13 at 11:21pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

5,011 posts

she wont stay with anyone

Might as well just be friends then. If she's got commitment issues or something, it's not worth the hastle.

Posted May 18, '13 at 11:22pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

Problem is she doesn't want a relationship,

With you, or with anyone?

Not staying with someone doesn't mean anything, especially if you're still a minor, or for any other reason. More details for more advice.

Posted May 22, '13 at 1:00am

idigit

idigit

259 posts

Well long time no talk people.

not really looking for advice, just an update, but if you have advice, go ahead and share it.

Well after i stopped talking and stopped liking that girl that had sex with her boyfriend, they broke up.
Mean while i finally got to guts to ask this girl i have had a crush on since 6th grade to the eighth grade dance, but was rejected. a week later on a band trip in new york, another guy asked her out and she said yes. This guy is PERFECT. School president, #1 in school for grades, captain of basketball team, leader of his band section, etc. He is also a good person, nice, respectful, funny, etc.

So in between me asking her and him asking her, she talked to me about how she doesnt want to waste a middle school fling with me over maturity. If we dated now, it would sputter out sooner based on lack of responsibility and maturity. Also neither of us have had too many dating experiences(besides her being sexually assaulted at knife point by her boyfriend last year), so she said that we need to explore other people and make mistakes.
Basically we said that in 11th-12th grade, if we still liked each other, we would try it as a more longterm thing rather than a short term fling.

Personally i truly believe i was friendzoned.

But lately we have gotten in some fights and have boycotted each other in both speech and acknowledgment of each others presence(which is hard because we are neighbors and carpool).

All she freaking does is talk about her new boyfriend and how perfect he is. Also, she made me give a speech of recommendation about her new boyfriend to her dad.

Either i am just sensitive to this because i am jealous, or she is being a b****

theres my rant.

Posted May 22, '13 at 2:18am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

This guy is PERFECT. School president, #1 in school for grades, captain of basketball team, leader of his band section, etc. He is also a good person, nice, respectful, funny, etc.

Are you writing a movie? This guy just sounds like the epitome of cliche

she talked to me about how she doesnt want to waste a middle school fling with me over maturity. If we dated now, it would sputter out sooner based on lack of responsibility and maturity. Also neither of us have had too many dating experiences, so she said that we need to explore other people and make mistakes.

Insanely good advice. It may absolutely suck and not be a fun thing to hear..but it is something to adhere to.
I've been in a relationship that started in 8th grade. It lasted for 3 years. It had some really good times.

It was also miserable.

Also neither of us have had too many dating experiences(besides her being sexually assaulted at knife point by her boyfriend last year)

Oh...well that sounds nice. Seems like quite the romantic.
She's getting therapy for this..right?
And how much of it do you know is true? Has she told anyone else about it? Is she the only one that can attest for it? (for these two questions..in other words..did she tell her parents and the proper authorities?)

Basically we said that in 11th-12th grade, if we still liked each other, we would try it as a more longterm thing rather than a short term fling.

Did you just say this..or make it like a pact thing?
In other words..will she/you remember this deal by then?

Personally i truly believe i was friendzoned.

Depends on how much she meant it..which you can't say for sure.
Case in point..my best friend. If she and I made a pact as such..we'd **** sure follow it..but not everyone is like that.

All she freaking does is talk about her new boyfriend and how perfect he is.

"Honeymoon phase" of relationship. Plus..she is in middle school..of course she will. It's a new and joyful experience, and it's heightened because she is young and (admittedly) immature.
It'll take a dive-bomb in due time. I'd put my money on it.

Either i am just sensitive to this because i am jealous

Understandably.

she is being a b****

I wouldn't call her that..she is just young

theres my rant.

Well..that was quite the calm rant. Just one cuss word.
1/10

Reply to General Relationship Thread

You must be logged in to post a reply!