Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

General Relationship Thread

Posted Sep 16, '13 at 10:42pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,318 posts

so it's nice when I can be more or less anonymous  and still get help.

Tis the beauty of the internet.
I agree with what pang said for the most part. Try to forget. Do not think of her as the most important thing in your life, because she isnt. You just have to move on. Its not easy, but thats the hard truth.

Posted Sep 17, '13 at 8:23pm

Reddash

Reddash

76 posts

Well, I went and talked to her again today, I told her I wanted her to at least make eye contact with me, and that I just hoped she'd be happy and that we could still be friends. She was fine with that, but I could tell she was uncomfortable talking to me. Word's starting to get out now, but her friends had become my friends and mine her's, so no social damage was really done. Still feels like someone stabbed me in the gut every time I see her though.

Posted Sep 18, '13 at 6:07pm

hezdog

hezdog

139 posts

Ya know what sucks? Being socially awkward and not being able to talk to girls :'(

Posted Sep 23, '13 at 3:57pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

Reddash:

1) Nothing is wrong with garages. They're actually pretty cool, since you can push a button to open the door, and air out the entire thing in about 5 minutes. And so long as you both are having fun, it's largely irrelevant where you hang out: movies, beach, museum, farmer's market, art supply store, etc.

2) Bro, you just got used. It would seem she was never over this Cody fellow, and you were a convient way to get emotional fulfillment as well as potentially show her ex that she had moved on, even if she hadn't. Ex gets jealous, expresses this to the girl, and presto. Best you can do is move on. Hang out with your friends, get a hobby, whatever. And I would largely treat her like you would anyone else. Don't be a callous d*ck, and be perfectly cordial whenever you interact with her. This will do three things: Make her realize what a mistake she made, leaving such a nice guy; Let everyone else, especially all the other ladies out there, know that you're a nice guy and can handle this sort of thing maturely; form good habits for the future, and that wonderful time when nice guys finish first, for once.

I'd tell you to be a Southern Gentleman, but I don't know how relevant that is to you.

Posted Sep 27, '13 at 6:09pm

Reddash

Reddash

76 posts

Maverick, I Thank you. And I've been trying, it's just rough you know? plus it sucks a little extra 'cause now I get to see "this Cody fellow" every morning while we wait for the bus.(While they make out)
And I just now realized you commented on my birthday!(yeah, she broke up with me exactly one week from my birthday)

And although I Live in Wisconsin My family(on my mom's side) Came from Mississippi, so it is rather relevant :)

Posted Sep 27, '13 at 11:59pm

daleks

daleks

3,176 posts

Anyone know how to get someone to hurry up and make a Skype without sounding too pushy?

Posted Sep 28, '13 at 11:56pm

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,318 posts

@daleks
"Can you get a skype soon?"
Add teasing and/or slight flirting if you're comfortable, I.e
"Hey, I really miss you, can we skype?" Or whatever...

Posted Sep 29, '13 at 12:03am

daleks

daleks

3,176 posts

That is pretty much what I have done pick, but it has been weeks now! If I get too pushy my plan will not work. Plus I just have to wait on my patience. But if I am too patient it might be too late by then. *Starts hyperventilating * O god! I am caught between a rock and a hard place. This will never work out. *Breaks down*

Posted Sep 29, '13 at 9:57am

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,318 posts

"Yo b*tch lemme get yo skype right now."

Just.... I dunno add teasing. Like say you want her to hurry but I a someone what joking way that can be taken slightly seriously. That doesn't make sense...
"You took too long to make a Skype, I died. RIP" or something.

Posted Sep 30, '13 at 8:49am

daleks

daleks

3,176 posts

Eh, it's all good.

Reply to General Relationship Thread

You must be logged in to post a reply!