Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

General Relationship Thread

Posted Oct 2, '13 at 10:18am

danielo

danielo

1,367 posts

May i suggest black mailing? Work like magic.

Posted Oct 2, '13 at 10:17pm

daleks

daleks

3,181 posts

May i suggest black mailing? Work like magic.

While I do love a good blackmail, she finally got around to making one. So there isn't a problem anymore.

Posted Oct 11, '13 at 9:34am

danielo

danielo

1,367 posts

Daleks, y u  o open your comments?!  \\\\ (·\\ ,_ /·)

Posted Oct 11, '13 at 8:08pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

Because he leaves forever every few months or so. Then he comes back after a few weeks.

Posted Oct 12, '13 at 5:34pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,232 posts

I think we need to have a discussion with daleks about his Relationship with AG

Posted Oct 15, '13 at 11:16am

MattEmAngel

MattEmAngel

4,115 posts

I think we need to have a discussion with daleks about his Relationship with AG

"It's Complicated."

Posted Nov 26, '13 at 5:21pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

3,993 posts

So I'm in college now, which means I'm surrounded by thousands of girls around my age every day. Naturally, after three months, it's almost inevitable that there'd be one that I'd have some desire to be more than friends with.

As it turns out, there is such a person, and I think there might be the slight possibility that she may have some hint of a vaguely similar desire. But if there wasn't some kind of problem here, I wouldn't have posted anything in the thread, but this is such a major obstacle that it deserves it's own line, isolated from both this block of text and that which follows it:

I've never successfully asked a girl out.

Yes, you heard me correctly. If you recall from earlier pages, I have had girlfriends before. Your guess is as good as mine how that happened. I didn't ask any of them out. It just happened. However, with this new girl, I can tell I'll have to approach the situation in the more conventional way, as, at least as far as I can tell, she isn't desperate, clingy, or just plain strange. I came close to closing the deal about a week ago--details on the story only by request--but the music was too loud and I basically blew that chance.

I want to ask this girl out. The problem I face is, I have no idea how or when to do it.

Posted Nov 28, '13 at 10:48am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

I want to ask this girl out. The problem I face is, I have no idea how or when to do it.

You just have to ask her (do it when you two are alone / not next to anyone). Don't overthink it and be confident, ask her to do something on Friday or Saturday (weekends are usually best). Movie and dinner, etc. At the close of the conversation you can say something like "it's a date, see you then" or nothing. She should know it's a date without you outright saying it.

Posted Dec 2, '13 at 6:30pm

danielo

danielo

1,367 posts

Movie and them dinner. Work the best. You get a shared experience to talk about.

Posted Dec 9, '13 at 7:38pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

3,993 posts

I appreciate the advice you both have given me. There's still one teensy-weensy problem, though: I still haven't gotten a chance to talk to her alone at any point within the past few weeks. Her friends are always nearby when I see her.

But I'll let you all know if that changes/how things work out if anything happens at all. Winter break is closing in, which means I basically have a deadline.

Reply to General Relationship Thread

You must be logged in to post a reply!