ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 483296
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

When you say they want a guy they can "surrender to" or that "will tame them", it just sounds like they would want a guy that takes advantage of them, and doesn't truly love them.

It sounds to me like he is hunting animals.
GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

You're lesbian you won't understand, whatever.

Alex, girls don't want a guy that they will do whatever he wants. They want a guy they can trust that will protect them and surrender to him. Atleast thats what I said.

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

You're lesbian you won't understand, whatever.

Alex, girls don't want a guy that they will do whatever he wants. They want a guy they can trust that will protect them and surrender to him. Atleast thats what I said.

As i have said, i have been in relationships with boys before. I understand fairly well.

Girls do not want to "surrender" to a guy, i'd really love to know where exactly you got this thought from.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

If anything, girls often expect that the boy shows initiative, that does not mean they want to be led around like braindead people. Some simply want to be able to rely on the guy instead of having to do everything.

RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
530 posts
Nomad

I did the same thing with my first girlfriend. I was totally clueless to when I should hold her hand, or hug her at school, and so I would always ask her.
Eventually, I got past that awkward stage and held her hand and hugged her without having to ask every time.

haha yeah but im not his first girlfriend, i have been friends with this guy 4ever thats why i was wondering why he was being nervous sence he has known me 4ever
RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
530 posts
Nomad

If I may answer to rainbow now,
I think it could be fine fine. I mean if the thing is that his taking things really slow then its up to you if you want a slow relationship. If not then I would suggest telling him about it or trying to speed things up you'reself. I think doing that would make him understand his going too slow for you. Then again, slow may be fine to you so its you're call (not you're friends).

no im fine with him taking it slow i dont care about that.
GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

Then no problem at all. By what you said its even socially exceptable. So enjoy.

darver
darver
189 posts
Nomad

K I have another problem after my taken girl problem.

She's probably going to end up single sooner or later, but at the moment things are screwed up.

See the school bull****ter stirred up something as per usual and now her and her best friend both seem to hate me a bit.

How do I turn something like that around?

I mean she's been completely ignoring me and of course the aforementioned **** stirrer got off scot-free and is friends with her. :/

Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

Well darver, was this buller spreading stuff about you, and if so do you know what it is?

You should try talk to her and tell her that her friend is talking smack, hopefully this will be set straight and gives you a chance to get closer to her.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

I'm quite the failure when it comes to relationships... but I'll throw my 2 cents in anyway. Girls aren't all the same. ...however, the vast majority of the ones I know go for guys who are confident (or fake it really well) and take the initiative on things like just holding her hand without fretting so much about it that they have to ask first. I'm not saying that behavior is wrong; I'm just saying that people are naturally drawn to aggressive and dominant personalities. There is the occasional girl who chases after the shy nerdy boys(and vice versa), but for the most part everyone wants the attention of the cheerleader, prom queen, pageant girl or the athletic, partying, socialite guy.

Another angle that I'm not sure gets thought of all to often is maybe some of these chick flicks have influenced a few of these guys over the years. Maybe somewhere in the back of their minds they really do want to be that chivalrous white knight that finds their soul mate and wants to do anything and everything for them... and constantly reaffirm that they're doing it right... and then you got those new age women that get mad at that b/c we're expecting them to be a certain way and projecting an image on them... no.. not really. It's more like we just want to do that. If you don't like it then work it out with them or get someone new.

...I mean seriously. Most of theses guys on all the old shows and cartoons may have started out a little rugged, but they generally turn out to be bastions of morality and self sacrificing individuals who'd do and give up anything for their lady.

Just b/c someone seems to have little confidence doesn't mean you can't help them build it. You may not end up spending your life with that person, but you can still help them grow as a person and leave an impression on their life.

@darver... I kinda just jumped in to this thread... so I don't know much about your predicament... If someone is mad at you, then you can try apologizing. Apologize whether or not you think you did anything wrong. If they continue to think ill of you and you don't think it'll change anytime soon, then you may want to consider moving on. You moving on will either get her mad enough to burn bridges or she'll regret what she did and you might work it out later. ...and if she doesn't come back then you're free to go find someone else.

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

How do I turn something like that around?

is he really the school bullsh*tter if you happen to be the only one who believes what he says is bullsh*t?

start a rumor about him. convince the school that hes gay, or whatever it is you kids look down upon these days.
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

start a rumor about him. convince the school that hes gay, or whatever it is you kids look down upon these days.

Not the best thing to do if he's her friend because if they find out it was you who started the rumor, she'll probably take his side. Just be cool about it and catch him out in the lie (hopefully in front of her)
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Or record his lie.

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

Not the best thing to do if he's her friend because if they find out it was you who started the rumor, she'll probably take his side.

I was referring to the school bullsh*tter when I suggested starting a rumor. nothing has been said so far that this fine liar is in anyway affiliated with the girl or her friend.
darver
darver
189 posts
Nomad

The aforementioned liar is friends with the girl and her friend. But that's it.

Showing 301-315 of 2106