ForumsThe TavernGeneral Relationship Thread

2106 484125
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

I've noticed the increase in threads being made about problems with relationships and dating. Now, I have no problem with the subject matter. No, my problem is with the amount of threads people are creating about it.

Judging by all these threads being made about the same thing, it's safe to say it's inevitable for these questions to be asked; and since the answers to these relationship/dating questions are generally very similar, putting all the questions in one thread saves time and posting.

No, this is not a thread where you specifically ask me for advice; I don't know very much about this subject. I'm simply the guy who has created the thread so you can post your questions for anybody to answer.

So if you have a question about dating or relationships, or anything along those lines, ask it here, wait for someone to reply here, and don't make a new thread about it!

• 2,106 Replies
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

I mean she's been completely ignoring me and of course the aforementioned **** stirrer got off scot-free and is friends with her. :/

Yes they're friends. Just try catch him out in front of her.
KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

Hmm, I have a question...
I have a girl, she like me I like her
I told her that I was planning on asking her out when I see her in person, please note we hung out a lot during school, but have not at all during the summer (mainly due to her parents)
Now I suppose I should add a little back story...
I fell for her when she was dating a guy, I waited for her and him to break up...I thought it would be kind of me to wait a week or so to ask her out...well my best friend made a move on her she thought she liked him because she had just broken up blah blah blah he's 18 so her parents won't let her date him, he's starting to creep her out..blah...blah....blah.
So anyways, I guess I actually have two questions
1) Would it be wrong of me to ask out the girl my best friend "loves" (I hate that term as teenagers use it so lightly)
2) How should I actually ask her out? (sadly, though I've been the one all my friends come to when they need to ask a girl out or need advice...I have no clue on how to ask a girl out myself!)

You can respond on my profile if you want or on here, either or. <3

thepyro222
thepyro222
2,151 posts
Peasant

Hmm, I have a question...
I have a girl, she like me I like her
I told her that I was planning on asking her out when I see her in person, please note we hung out a lot during school, but have not at all during the summer (mainly due to her parents)
Now I suppose I should add a little back story...
I fell for her when she was dating a guy, I waited for her and him to break up...I thought it would be kind of me to wait a week or so to ask her out...well my best friend made a move on her she thought she liked him because she had just broken up blah blah blah he's 18 so her parents won't let her date him, he's starting to creep her out..blah...blah....blah.
So anyways, I guess I actually have two questions
1) Would it be wrong of me to ask out the girl my best friend "loves" (I hate that term as teenagers use it so lightly)
2) How should I actually ask her out? (sadly, though I've been the one all my friends come to when they need to ask a girl out or need advice...I have no clue on how to ask a girl out myself!)

You can respond on my profile if you want or on here, either or. <3

umm... could you be a little more specific with your story? when your best friend asked her out, was she broken up with guy #1?
Jefferysinspiration
Jefferysinspiration
3,168 posts
Farmer

1. If your best friend knew you liked her, he shouldn't of tried it on with her in the first place, so i don't think it's wrong - but talk to him.
2. Just tell her how you feel, tell her you want to car for her and make her happy, and just ask her to be with you.

GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

Yea you can't wait too long when you're going for the rebound.
If you want to take you're shot right now I would suggest you talk to her on the phone and set sometime you can meet her, even if its something like a walk in the park. If you think it's not gonna work then you can gather some friends and ask her to being some of her own friends and come hand around with you, that way she will feel saver saying yes.
The thing is I wouldn't recommend doing something like this on facebook or any other chat because it gives her more time to think on the "no" while if you do it on the phone (I know its harder, naturally) then you get to catch her offgaurd, and trust me, that means a lot.
I didn't really get you're situation right now but I understand you told her you're going to ask her out and now you just need to make it official (weird situation but ok). If she didn't already say yes then I advise you not to expect too much because now she will have a long time to think about it and it increases her chance of saying "no". The thing is you lost the momentum.
Don't give up hopes, learn from mistakes and remember the world is a big fish market.

KingLemon
KingLemon
600 posts
Nomad

when your best friend asked her out, was she broken up with guy #1?

They never were technically together, they "went out" for about 1 day then he met her mom and she legit asked him "Do you know what statutory **** is?" and her mom told her later that night that they could not break up. And yes, he cheated on her so they broke up...

1. If your best friend knew you liked her, he shouldn't of tried it on with her in the first place, so i don't think it's wrong - but talk to him.

I think a while back he knew I liked her, but now only think that we are "best friends" (to avoid the mom issue, I'm 17 she "can" date me, but she can't date anyone who drives and alas i drive -.-) I was planning on telling him when I actually ask her out, so he doesn't find out the hard way...but no sure if I should tell him ASAP...

If she didn't already say yes then I advise you not to expect too much because now she will have a long time to think about it and it increases her chance of saying "no".

I mean, although we cannot hang out in real life due to me living about 5 miles away and her parents not trusting her with anyone that drives...we "hang out" every night on skype...
When she was asked by her friend if us two were going out, she said yes...So unless she throws a curve ball, or I really screw something up within the next month, she's going to say yes.
GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

Thats a much better picture then. Again though, I suggest moving things over to phone calls (doesn't have to be only that but there should be some of it) because it can make things look more serious then on chats, even if its Skype with microphones.

btw, her parents sound a bit silly. I mean its OK for her to date 17 year olds but not if they can drive? Being able to drive on 17 usually means good things about the character - like doesn't push aside stuff, more independent, skilled, etc.
Here when the army categorizes you when you're 17, if you can't drive they actually see that as a bad point about you.
Anyway, if I were you I'd just ask her out as soon as possible, on the phone, even if it means setting a meeting to next week. But then again, you know the situation better then me.

notinthepie3
notinthepie3
658 posts
Nomad

2) How should I actually ask her out? (sadly, though I've been the one all my friends come to when they need to ask a girl out or need advice...I have no clue on how to ask a girl out myself!

Well, I can give you one way to NOT ask someone out. My bf asked me out over a note... THAT HE DIDN'T EVEN WRITE X( I mean.. it would have been kinda cute to have been asked out over a note but he had SOMEONE ELSE write it. Ugh. And I still said yes
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

My bf asked me out over a note... THAT HE DIDN'T EVEN WRITE

so really, you said yes to the guy who wrote the note rather than the guy who is currently your boyfriend?
GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

THAT HE DIDN'T EVEN WRITE

You have no idea how hard it is for us guys to do the asking out. Don't believe people who pretend it's easy, its genetic. After doing it a lot of times it gets easier. Hell, I remember the first time I talked to a girl, it would have been easier sticking a fork in my leg then doing the talking.
RainbowGoGangster3
RainbowGoGangster3
530 posts
Nomad

My bf asked me out over a note...

my boyfriend asked me out over text and I have known him 4ever.. plus he was soo nervous he couldnt hold my hand
( he told me this )
pauler94
pauler94
2,514 posts
Nomad

You have no idea how hard it is for us guys to do the asking out

Haha you have no idea what it took for me to ask one of my friends to prom, that she couldn't go to because she had something else to do. But I was so nervous. It was even worse because I'm really awkward in general.
GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

Its always awkward, the brave ones who do it anyway get rewarded.

GoblinD
GoblinD
322 posts
Nomad

Anyone here tries looking for pickups in chats?

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

Anyone here tries looking for pickups in chats?

Like in chatroulette? Or with people you know? Either way it's kind of creepy..
Showing 316-330 of 2106