ForumsWEPRpeople taking out horse races

20 5335
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

ok so i woke up this morning with my usual routine of getting ready for school, well i was listening to the talk show Rick and Bubba, and it had a recording of a news station with a lady debating with the host that horse racing should be taken out.she said that it is animal abuse, an although it will take along time they should try to make some new reforms of taking out whips, the hard track(even though if taken out increasing speed will be difficult), and many other, what do people think of it? do people think that this is the normal animal-loving person(not saying its wrong, i mean just crazy for animals), or is she saving these animals?

• 20 Replies
Flipski
Flipski
623 posts
Nomad

I don't like horse racing, I feel bad for the animals. I don't even think horseback riding should be allowed. We have cars, why do you need to bother the poor animal. Let them roam free. I think the only time I have seen happy horses was when they were roaming free.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Well, to bring a new dimension into this discussion, there is a certain joy that both horse and person (not necessarily rider) can share in the formation of a relationship. I don't think that's exclusive of riding, though.

Probably some horses are more amenable than others to being ridden. Though I won't pretend to know exactly how important this is to them.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

@Strop: You are entirely right that people can bond with horses quite well. They make ok companions, although not quite the same as dogs or cats. I suppose if we're working together for a livelihood I'm ok with it. Just running them around dangerously... well, not so much.

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Heh, I take it you're more of a dog/cat person than a horse person. I'd probably be the other way around.

Personally I'd say different people would get along with different animals in different ways (or not at all), as a bottom line.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

Yea, I am more of a dog/cat person. I admit it.

Horses are cool too. I just haven't really found a bond with any of them yet. Of course, I have friends that love their horses more than most people, and I think that's fine too.

Showing 16-20 of 20