The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesExit Path 2 banner - "to-the-sky" meaning?

14 4689
dud94
dud94
8 posts
Nomad

Sorry if this has been covered before; I can't for the life of me find a search function (if there is one, please redirect me to it, thanks!)

On the Exit Path 2 Banner, there is a QR code:

http://jmtb02.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/exit_path_2_header.jpg

Scanning that QR code and following the link will bring you to this photo:

http://i.imgur.com/yedy3.jpg

"TO-THE-SKY" is a code for what?
What is the piece of poetic work (assuming it IS poetry) referenced?
Your thoughts?

• 14 Replies
dud94
dud94
8 posts
Nomad

Sorry for double-post (is there any "edit post" function?)...

I typed the first line of the poem into Google, and I found out that it is from a poem called "Composed upon Westminister Bridge"

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composed_upon_Westminster_Bridge,_September_3,_1802]

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

It's probably John's joke.

I really don't know.

dud94
dud94
8 posts
Nomad

Perhaps it's a joke, perhaps it isn't.
However, I can't help thinking that it is some sort of connection to the various "codes" hidden throughout John's games.
I wouldn't be surprised, though, if the codes were useless.

Faithpath
Faithpath
103 posts
Nomad

How did u find this code? I am curious =)

dud94
dud94
8 posts
Nomad

@Faithpath:

I used a smartphone (Motorola Atrix, not mine) to scan the QR code.
(Smartphones usually have an app to scan QR codes.)
You could also use a dedicated QR code scanner.
Following the link that the QR code gave me led to that picture.
Further reading:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QR_code

KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

Oh so THAT'S what the link leads to. Me being stupid I tried entering the link manually from my PC instead of just using my phone this whole time(and it doesn't seen to work on Chrome atleast) xD

As for the code I'm fairly positive it'll be used SOMEHOW in the game.

Maybe some secret code you can enter in the main menu? Or it's the beta access code :3 (Nahhhhhh but it'd be awesome to say the least)

dud94
dud94
8 posts
Nomad

@KentyBK: (how do I properly use the "quote" function?)
Although I think it would be very mean to make that the beta access code, I strongly doubt that it would actually be the access code for beta.
Otherwise, what would the ever-elusive e-mail be for?
Perhaps we were supposed to include "to-the-sky" in our beta application comment.*facepalm*

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Perhaps we were supposed to include "to-the-sky" in our beta application comment.*facepalm*

that's exactly what we were supposed to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!! i wish i had a phone!!!!!!!! WHY IS LIFE SO UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!
dud94
dud94
8 posts
Nomad

thaboss said:
that's exactly what we were supposed to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!! i wish i had a phone!!!!!!!! WHY IS LIFE SO UNFAIR!!!!!!!!!!

I wish I'd scanned it earlier, too. Furthermore, I originally applied with my dud95 account (which I had lost the registration e-mail for, and therefore was forced to make this account), so if I'm accepted, I still might not be able to get in.
KentyBK
KentyBK
566 posts
Nomad

I actually DID scan it back then but it didn't work >.<

But I'm just kidding about the whole beta thing of course ;P (but the ever-elusive email could just contain the link TO the beta, no?

But I'm still pretty sure it's relevant SOMEHOW.....maybe it's related to the new story?

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

i still think it had something to do with beta. and maybe that's John's favorite poem. could someone try to email him, and see if he'll tell, at least, if it had something to do with beta OR some other secret thing that can't be revealed. that's ALL i want to know. (not really)

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

VERY sorry for the double post, but i have a better idea. (than email) can I put this on getsat? that way John or someone else from the company will have a better chance of seeing it.

dud94
dud94
8 posts
Nomad

@thaboss: Go ahead, e-mail him and put it on Get Satisfaction.
Just be sure to post the results

mrTrippy
mrTrippy
517 posts
Nomad

it might be a code to put in EP2 for a speical flair

Showing 1-14 of 14