ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: May 3, 2011. Codename: Battle Axe

46 13056
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Our next release will be May 3rd, and as yet, we have no code name. (We're not looking for suggestions just yet, Larry has a list we're following, I just don't know what's next on the list)

The big-super-duper-bacon-squee-happy-dance feature will be ...

/drumroll

... Armatars!

Our newest web developer, Phil, has been building an entirely new Armatar system on AG3. We're going to be grouping them into sets and collections, and man is it spiffy!!

Your armatar image will be so unique to you as an individual, if you right-click on the image and say "open image in new tab" or "copy image url" or whatever, your URL will not match any other user on the system (unlike right now on AG2), which means you're welcome to use the armatar on other sites that allow linking of images via URL, etc.

Uploading your own armatar will NOT be in this release -- that's a whole can of worms we're not going to open until later.

We also have some bug fixes planned, and I'm sure there will be other neat stuff, like Inbox message threads, but the rest of the list, as yet, is still being worked on.

• 46 Replies
Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

I can already do that in AG2... I can copy the image, or use it in a URL. Or is that not the purpose?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

You can use it in a URL here at AG2, yes, but if you ever change your armatar choice, the URL changes with it. If you were to use that URL anywhere, it would still point to the old image.

With AG3, every user essentially gets their own copy of an armatar. If you ever change your armatar on AG3, the URL of the image will stay the same but the image will change, so anywhere you use the URL will automatically update as well.

Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

Oh... Nice, thanks. Who thought of that?

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Larry had the idea, but Phil is building it.

Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

Will it be possible to launch the forums at AG3, or is that a thing your setting aside for the launch? WIll you be moving to a different server because AG3 seems significantly slower than AG2, or is that just because AG3 is a bit rough at this time?

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

THIS IS AWESOME!!! that's a really smart idea about the url thing, good job!!!

Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Wait - so all the users of AG will have a different Armatar?

Not necessarily, but they will have a unique URL.
Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Our newest web developer, Phil,

Does he have an account here?

(We're not looking for suggestions just yet, Larry has a list we're following, I just don't know what's next on the list)

Ok. But if you do need a name, I say use the Arbalest.
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Ok. But if you do need a name, I say use the Arbalest.

i think they're still doing swords.

Larry has a list we're following, I just don't know what's next on the list)

isthis the list?
darkrai097
darkrai097
862 posts
Nomad

Wait, are we actually getting new armtars or is the thing you were talking about the universal url thing?

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Wait, are we actually getting new armtars or is the thing you were talking about the universal url thing?

it sounds like just the url thing, but i'm not sure.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Armatars!

Our newest web developer, Phil, has been building an entirely new Armatar system on AG3. We're going to be grouping them into sets and collections, and man is it spiffy!!

That sounds awesome. I can't wait to see the new Armatar system and possibly new Armatars on the site.
I also like the URL idea so that we can use that certain image for different sites.
daniel5533
daniel5533
160 posts
Nomad

i think only url armatars related to the theme should be allowed

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Daniel5533, we're not allowing users to set a url as their armatar, we're giving users their own URL for their AG3 armatar.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Will there be any classic armatars for AG3 or classic armatars with an updated twist on AG3?

Showing 1-15 of 46