ForumsThe TavernThe Million Users Thread

90 15464
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

Since AG is within 2,000 users of a million, I decided to create this thread to celebrate 1 million users on AG. Do not confuse this thread with "What should happen when we hit 1,000,000 users?" as that is a what to do thread while this one is a celebration.

• 90 Replies
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Deleting accounts just makes the amount of users seem smaller.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

I prefer deleting all 0 AP accounts.

That's not a great idea either.... most people I find in exit path and colony have 0 AP but they still use the account.
I'd say, If a guy has 0 AP AND he hasn't logged in in about a year, then it's safe to delete the account. But hopefully in ag3 AP from games will help to understand what accounts have actually been forgotten.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

That is not smart. Some O AP accounts are playing games and making high scores. When they see their account got banned, they will be pissed.

I gave thought to that, which is why we should be deleting all 0 AP accounts that haven't logged on in a reasonable amount of time.

I doubt anyone that actually plays games on AG wouldn't have rated or left a single comment.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

I doubt anyone that actually plays games on AG wouldn't have rated or left a single comment.

For the first month that I was on AG I played games and didn't rate or comment.

Good milestone for AG with 1,000,000 users.
johnmerz
johnmerz
537 posts
Shepherd

I didn't notice any special things happening after AG passed the 1,000,000 users mark.

I did pretty much the same thing, Matrix. I am not sure if I sent you this, but I have been a AG user only 10 days less than you.
knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Here is Graham's How Many Ghosts? study. It basically is a bunch of screenshots taken at various 100k milestones that show how many accounts have less AP than X amount. The most interesting thing with his latest update is the finding that about 96.6% of AG's accounts have less than 100 AP.

You were registered right?
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

You were registered right?

Yes, I was. I didn't bother commenting, posting, or rating for my first month on this site. So, September 14th to late October I didn't do anything but play flash games.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Yes, I was. I didn't bother commenting, posting, or rating for my first month on this site. So, September 14th to late October I didn't do anything but play flash games.

For my first 17 months thats all i did
LiLRick
LiLRick
254 posts
Nomad

I didn't realize until I made an account after years of infrequently visiting this site how mch more there was to it.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I didn't realize until I made an account after years of infrequently visiting this site how mch more there was to it.

Same reason for me.
jets99
jets99
601 posts
Nomad

yeah alot of prople dont participate in anythinhg or you can be like me and not know about the forums for a while

TheGr8est
TheGr8est
704 posts
Nomad

We hit a million lets party
we should all get plus 1 million ap lol

GlimmeringStars
GlimmeringStars
95 posts
Nomad

we should all get plus 1 million ap

That would be relatively pointless since everyone would have the same position, and it'd look sort of stupid if everyone has over one million AP.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

There's a way to find the exact millionth user. I'm not sure of the way the system counts permanently banned users though, so I'm not sure how accurate it would be. There's some URL lookup you can use... maybe Graham might know what it is. Because I did at one point, and can't remember.

My estimate would be about 80% of the users here predominantly play games... and a significant proportion of forumgoers stay in the Newcomers and Forum Games section. Having a few tens of thousands of people regularly posting either comments, rating games or participating in the forums is pretty darn good.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

YAY! 1,000,000!

When I joined, it was like 500,000. =P

Showing 31-45 of 90