ForumsSupport ForumSpace Bounty: A fradulent submition?

7 2475
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

hmm, i checked YouGames's profile to chek if the author has created any other games, seems not. Well, i always like new game creators and from here on out, look forward to many more intriguing games from this author. I am very suspicious of the game, one entitled "Space Bounty" has already previousely been submitted to the site. Is this plagiarism or just a remake of the original? Until i take a thorough look into the game, i am suspecting a typo in 'naming' the game.

Seems the games both use the same unique brunet haired female character, same gun, same outfit, mostly the same everything. The original was indeed not submitted by "YouGame" but rather "qigames." Loading screen was completely different, how ever, the menu was nearly identical to that of the new one. Seems highly fishy to me. The "instruction page" is also 100% identical..just supports my theory even more. After playing both games i am 100% certain that these 2 games are indeed the same and one is plagiarized. Either it be the first or second it is hard to say. The levels and powerups are identical to the other one.

This does not look good...

Original "Space Bounty" here:
http://armorgames.com/play/739/space-bounty

Okay, so i see that the recent submission was renamed to "Space Bounty 2[/]" But the game is still almost identical. Menu, gaming controls, prices of items, and even the same number and locations of enemies is the same. I do not know why, nor how this author is going to get away with this. If it is indeed a faulty game, i will see to it directly that the game submitter gets a piece of my abnormally large sized mind!

New submission:

Could it be just the same game, but a cleaner version of it? I highly doubt it, the graphics, music, and most other important key features have not been changed. This is madness. Mission 1 is the exact same as mision one on the older one. Get the two key cards.

So, after all that, including the games name change, i still call this a faulty game. Boycott it i shall!

thanks for your time, + comments!

[i]Arax Nisanu

• 7 Replies
Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

I do know which one came out first, it is the one entitled "Space Bounty 2"

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

When I first saw it I just thought it was the sequel and I was pretty hyped on it, but after seeing this and then seeing the evidence I have to agree with you. Sequels always add more stuff in order to improve the previous game, but as I can see this is just the same thing, so the only thing that could explain it is plagiarism!

Ninjacube
Ninjacube
585 posts
Nomad

I had never heard of the space bounty games but according to these information and looking at your link I would say that it is worth looking into.
There could be a serious penalty for this kind of crime.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

I figured it was also indeed a sequel, but after beating the game several times, i noticed that it was all but original.

WHymE55
WHymE55
32 posts
Nomad

Well the moderaters need to delete this game because I noticed the same thing.I got kinda excited but then the first five minutes I found out it was the the same as the other 1st one!

notepad7
notepad7
75 posts
Nomad

Space Bounty 2 just got deleted of the new games! How did that happen?

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

It has been taken care of. Thanks for being so perceptive everyone!
That kinda sounded sarcastic, but I can't figure out how to rephrase it. Anywho, thanks!!

Showing 1-7 of 7