ForumsNews and FeedbackHelp and 'Getting Started' pages for AGv3

9 3468
ArchKnight
ArchKnight
120 posts
Shepherd

After reading the 'AGv3 Release History' thread, I wanted to know if there would be any pages on the new AG3 website dedicated to help new users or current non-Beta testers with the new features and functions.

In my opinion, the new implications to the next AG version could be difficult to grasp for some users so the addition of help or - as I have mentioned - 'Getting Started' pages would prove to be beneficial.

• 9 Replies
Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

It's really simple to get into the beta. Just go to the beta site and sign-up, it may take a few days to weeks, but you'll get in eventually.

AG3.0

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

It's really simple to get into the beta. Just go to the beta site and sign-up, it may take a few days to weeks, but you'll get in eventually.

that's not what he was asking. i think i mentioned this a long time back. a "help" thing for all the new features in AG3. some of the users who never go in the forums will be confused about why suddenly AG looks so different. so there should be a guide thing that they get in their inbox or something that explains all the new features and how to use them. it would stop a lot of "how do you..." or "what is..." threads.
Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

I would rather just have a much-better version of the Help link--a page that contains all information about AG3, neatly planned out and easy to read and understand.

Then, if there is a S&S forum in the new community board, they can slap a sticky right on the front that says "READ THE HELP PAGE!", followed by a witty mod that replies with "do it". It worked with other threads, I should think that it would work in the future.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

Then, if there is a S&S forum in the new community board, they can slap a sticky right on the front that says "READ THE HELP PAGE!", followed by a witty mod that replies with "do it". It worked with other threads, I should think that it would work in the future.

but there's soo many problems with new users not reading the stickies. (isn't there?) i think that the first time they log in, they have to read the help page before they do anything. but that still wouldn't work, because you also have to read the T&C, but not a lot of people read that at all.

maybe a message in their inbox, either the AG one or their real email address. i don't know.

but it would help if they just were smart enough to click the help button. it needs to be more prominent, not so small, it's really small and unnoticeable. it's such a dilemma! I'M FREAKING OUT!!!! (sorry)

maybe putting a sticky would work, i don't know, i guess we'll find out... (what works)
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We have several things in mind. We've talked about doing video walkthroughs for users, as well as building an extensive FAQ system, including things like "I used to do ____ on AG2, how do I do that on AG3?"

We're also going to work on an "Ask a Moderator" question box, where you can submit a question, and any of the moderators can answer it. Whether we allow users to make their questions public or private, I don't know yet, but these questions will probably also help build our FAQ's.

thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

but these questions will probably also help build our FAQ's.

yeah, like if a question is asked a lot, it gets added to the FAQ's! and tell people to look in the FAQ's before asking their question!
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

With any luck, we'll have some intelligence in our submission page that says "Hey, we think these FAQ's might answer your question, have a peek there first..." and only after they click on, and read, some of those FAQs, do we enable a final submission button to actually send us a question because none of the FAQ's answered their query.

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

Ask a Moderator" question box

YES! That would be really useful. If I see a thread that needs to be locked I don't know which mod would lock it first. Awesome. =D
Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I don't see why there wouldn't be. After all, there's already one here.

Showing 1-9 of 9