Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Jeol: The Resuscitation

Posted Jun 12, '11 at 6:07pm

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,423 posts

Well, you could've saved it, then when you got a nap or whatever you could of added on. But hey, this was a good update, I just... want to know why Julius is so bad.

Posted Jun 12, '11 at 6:10pm

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

I just... want to know why Julius is so bad.

You shall learn, you shall leaarn :P

I think it might be in the next chapter... Or it might not be.

Posted Jun 12, '11 at 6:56pm

MoonFairy

MoonFairy

3,423 posts

I think it might be in the next chapter... Or it might not be.

You are learning the ways of the suspense well, young grasshoppah.

Posted Jun 14, '11 at 8:27am

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

The next chapter. (I won't say anything else 'cause I don't want to ruin it for you :P)

Weeks passed, and no incident yet occured. Every day, though, Julius seemed to be getting giddier and giddier, and, at times, more impatient. What freaked me out most was the fact that he had been acting awfully nice to me recently. While I myself have always tried to make friends with him (and friends with everyone in general), his actions made me rather suspicious. However, my amiability overruled my thoughts. I did my best to ignore Julius' awkward actions and enjoy playing Frisbee with him.

Our first game was within the week against a rival school. It was evident that our team was improving each and every practice. The now seemingly-friendly Julius invited me to stay a bit later for one of the practices. I almost declined, but my seriously annoying amiability shone through.

The Frisbee scrimmages were getting intense. One might think that the Frisbee was all his, when out of the blue someone would come and slam the Frisbee to the ground. Some of the most epic throws and catches came about, all from the fingers and hands of the players, in whatever wacky way in whatever wacky position. I honestly could not understand why Julius wanted me to stay after practice, because pretty much everyone else on the team was better than him. Yet, after practice was over, I decided to stay. Julius approached. "Can you get the helmets from the equipment room?"

My head spun. Why the helmets? I thought. A million thoughts began spinning through my head, from 'What should I do?' to 'What is he planning to do?' I was so nervous I couldn't speak for a moment.

"Please?" Julius requested.

Upon the last question, I walked around the stands until I found the equipment room. Hesitantly, I stepped inside and looked for the helmets. I picked two up and went to go back outside. The door was shut. I groped for a doorhandle in the darkness. Nothing. No latch, not even a bump. Then I felt it. It was a hole, where the doorhandle used to be. Oh crap. I sighed tensely. Julius, really? Wanting to see the lack of a doorhandle better, I searched the wall for a light switch. Finally finding something plasticy with a tiny switch on it, I flipped the knob. Then, out of the corner of my eye, something the size of a baseball scurried out of sight. My next thought was so clear I could almost hear it out loud: Um. What was that?

Posted Jun 14, '11 at 3:11pm

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

Next part. Probably not the end of the chapter. Also, I decided to shy away from the first-person view, for many reasons. Hope you like.

At late evening around 10PM, screams were heard at the stands. Inside the equipment room, Phil was running around, being chased by a large spider. He ran around a corner and stood behind a rack, trying to catch a quick breath. There was nothing more that Phil hated than spiders, especially hairy ones, not to mention he being very allergic to them. He grabbed the edge of the shelf and was about to look for the spider when he felt something crawling on his arm. Tensely, he slowly drew his hand away from the shelf. freaked out, he tried to shake the large, black spider off his arm, anything to get away from it, when a fierce pain jolted from his right arm. A foul taste invaded his mouth, a mixture of blood and bile. Able to stand no longer, he wiped it off, grabbed a bat with his left hand, and smashed the spider on the ground. Panting, he dropped to the floor and fell unconcious.

--

It was early morning. Julius got up from his bunk to do some stretches. He marvelled at his recently-cleaned room. He decided that it was time to do so when the piles of clothes began to reek a foul odor, and all his clothes began to have the same scent. It surprised him that his mom let that slip for so long. He wondered if he had actually worn anything clean for a few weeks before he took them down to wash them. Now he had space to stretch out on the off-white carpet. Looking closer at the floor, he noticed tiny bits of paper and lint scattered along the carpet. Ugh. It should probably be vacuumed. He looked over to the corner. Still an empty cage.

After his last stretch, Julius put on some jogging clothes and ran to the school fields, not far from his house. Honestly, he wanted to see how Phil held up over the night. Reaching the fields, he strolled to the equipment room humming. The football coach had given him the key so that he could get the Frisbees as he needed. He unlocked the door and opened it. Inside, Phil lay sprawled on the floor, a bat in his hand and his arm bleeding profusely. Julius quickly grabbed the phone in his pocket and pressed the buttons '9 - 1 - 1'. Suddenly, he heard a female voice behind him.

"Julius?" The teenage girl paused a few feet from Julius. seeing the body on the floor of the equipment room she screamed and asked, "Did you do this?"

--

Posted Jun 15, '11 at 9:49pm

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

Okay! A break for poetry. :P
The Key to Paradise - a poem - FLP, inspired by Tacky.

The key to paradise
is locked behind a door.
Don't expect to find it soon,
'cause behind the curtain the door remains.

Hidden from all suggestions
locked from all distractions
the praised key stands still
never to be touched by mortal hands.

Posted Jun 16, '11 at 9:05am

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

Another poem, for the 10-day poetry contest. Great topic (Direction).

Star-tripping - a poem, 10DPC.

Spinning 'round and 'round,
You can't tell where you're facing.
Stopping and being blinded, you know:
Gravity is pulling to the ground.

Though you may have stopped
And are sure that you aren't moving
Your world is still spinning 'round
Until to the ground you've dropped.

There on the ground you close your eyes
Dieing to get out of this circl'ing madness
You open you eyes and look straight up
To watch one thing that remains in place:
The skies.

You lie there on the frozen ground
Blindness and a headache storm your mind
Suddenly one by one the stars appear
And above the north star is to be found.

Though still you may be confused,
You wobble to your feet again,
Then finding your friend, you walk, and
He gives you a flashlight to be used.

Then spinning 'round and 'round,
He loses his sense of direction,
He stops for a moment and being blinded,
Down he falls to where gravity is pulling:
The ground.

Posted Jun 17, '11 at 8:28am

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

Frozen Moments - a poem - FLP, insp. Waluigi.

Frozen heat,
Like a moment trapped in eternity.
It is trapped in time,
Never to be seen or touched again.

Frozen dreams,
Locked in a cellar,
Hidden in a jar,
To be ignored.

Frozen moments,
Precious memories.
Locked away from time
It itself being a piece.

A slice of cake,
A piece of time,
Both are locked in a freezer,
Never meant to be touched again.

Frozen heat,
No matter how deadly,
Was a moment in itself,
Lived once, but never again.

What liveliness,
Moments full of life and heat,
Yet trapped inside a bottle
And frozen for memory's sake.

--

Sorry for a lack of story. I locked myself in a pickle - I don't really know how to write the next part well. Hmeh. Maybe I'll just take out the girl. Makes life so much easier. Besides, she kind of messed up the flow. :/

So! In that matter, there is no more female wading behind Julius. FYI, she was supposed to be Julius's girlfriend, Brittany. I don't think she really liked him all that much - she thought he was always up to something.

Posted Jun 20, '11 at 1:53pm

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

Okay! This be from the Tile project thingy.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/3137/iwashere.jpg

And... I should probably write... And finish the story... So I can fix it... And edit it... And whatnot...

Posted Jun 20, '11 at 2:26pm

jeol

jeol

3,987 posts

With some encouragement from Tacky, I decided to look through some phootage I had been avoiding because they required a lot of attention... While digging through, I found a flower I had not posted before, so it was about time to submit it. Soo.... Submitted!

Reply to Jeol: The Resuscitation

You must be logged in to post a reply!