Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Jeol: The Resuscitation

Posted Nov 20, '11 at 10:11pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Wow, Jeol!  You have serious talent as a writer! Your story is riveting....

Thanks!

Finally Jill reached the base of the mountain. Sadly, she wasn't able to see the slope, so she tripped once again as she began to ascend the mountain. She, once again, picked herself back up and carried on.

Hmeh, my repetition shining through again... Try this again?

Finally Jill reached the base of the mountain. Sadly, she wasn't able to see the slope, so she tripped as she began to ascend the mountain. She, once again, picked herself back up and carried on.

as well as everyone else�s.

How did that little guy slip in there? >.> I thought writing it in Notepad might solve it. I paste it in Word, then fix any mistakes it points out, but I mostly do that for word count. I didn't know it would stab me in the back...

Posted Dec 1, '11 at 9:51pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Ugh... I'm bad at keeping this up :/

If it's not that obvious, I dropped the NaNoWriMo. It was a little bit obvious I would not make the deadline, as I had about ten days left and was writing about 2,000 words a day, which wasn't going to cut the challenge (about 26,000 out of 50,000). I may continue the story at a later date just for fun, though.

I'm also at a poetry low at the moment. I'll give you something anyways because I hate posting in here without actually changing anything or whatever. My entry for the Haiku Contest, 'The Battle Begins'.

Came in formation,
Prepared for war, all crying -
"We are the elite!"

Posted Dec 2, '11 at 10:54pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

This is story. I am just writing as I feel like it.

--

*cough* Ahem *cough*.

The kitchen was filled with delicious smells - specifically, pumpkin spices. Tony opened the oven door and took the pumpkin pie out of the oven. A whiff of pickle suddenly pierced through the delicious smells. Tony turned around.

"Hi, I'm Terrence. Nice to meet you."

"Yo. Welcome to my house." A sudden realization swept over Tony. "Hey! What are you doing in my house?"

"I'm just taking your pie. It is now a federal law that any pumpkin pie belongs to the president now." Terrence motioned to Tony for the pie.

Tony handed the pie over to Terrence. "Really?"

"No. I'm just a ninja." With that said, Terrence made a tiny explosion, and he was gone, nowhere to be seen.

Tony picked up the phone and dialed 9-1-1. "Hey, I'd like to report a pie theft."

--

"Tell me what happened." The policeman glared at Tony through his dark sunglasses.

"Uh, well, there was a man - he called himself Terrence - he said that he needed to take my pumpkin pie because it was a federal law to hand all pumpkin pies over to the president. I asked him if that was true, and he just said, no, that he was a ninja. Then he disappeared."

"Mm. I see. Well, ninjas do seem to be very attracted to pumpkin pies - I suppose it's just another theft. Good day."

"Wait, that's all?"

The policeman looked around. "Yes, for now. Good bye." The policeman left Tony's apartment.

Tony sighed. He started to nod his head... And... Then closed his eyes...

--

Tony jerked his eyes open. He stood up from the chair. The oven was on. The kitchen was filled with delicious smells of pumpkin pie. Tony walked over to the oven, opened the door, and took out the pie...

Yeah. It's one of those stories.

Posted Dec 8, '11 at 9:25pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

I was thirsty. I made hot chocolate. I realized after a minute I had not taken a picture in a while. Snap. That's my beast of a cow mug.

Posted Dec 8, '11 at 9:26pm

Nurvana

Nurvana

2,180 posts

Such as the dairy leaves the cow, thus it fatefully returneth.

Posted Dec 15, '11 at 5:04pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

WOAH. Weirdest thing happened. I got ideas for poems to write. That almost never happens... But the awesome part about it is that I toy with planned deal-by-deal rather than free-writing :D I think I did that once before, excluding contests or the Haiku land or haiku in general. It was actually for the 50-themes contest... Where did that thread go? :/ Humm.

Honestly,  I don't know why I am posting... I guess I'm just trying to keep in mind what the topics are. I'm not actually going to mention, it's not like I have to when writing a memory post. It's like the throwing the pillow across the room to remember something when you wake up - just the fact that the pillow is out of place will help you remember what you wanted. Just an interesting fact.

... Crap. Now I forget what the topics were... Backfired D:

Such as the dairy leaves the cow, thus it fatefully returneth.

So poetic... :')

Posted Dec 15, '11 at 5:24pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

It was actually for the 50-themes contest... Where did that thread go? :/ Humm.

No body posted in it for six or seven weeks this summer, so it was unstickied. I posted up a count of everybody who had posted in it, and you could count on one hand everyone who had more than 10 poems in it. Most submitted once, and that was it.

Posted Dec 15, '11 at 6:31pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

No body posted in it for six or seven weeks this summer, so it was unstickied. I posted up a count of everybody who had posted in it, and you could count on one hand everyone who had more than 10 poems in it. Most submitted once, and that was it.

Ah.

As I keep trying to remember what one of my topics are, I guess I shall begin on the rest. They should be pretty easy to remember, especially since I did a paper on them recently.

Seasons. Part 1 of 4. Winter.

... Sorry. Just trying to do a bit of planning here... Let's see, where to start? I'm just trying to think of a few formats. I'm thinking of doing a sonnet at some point in this little four-piece, but I've never done one before... Ah well, it's nice to try.

A nonet sounds good to start.

Winter - a nonet.

A frozen land blew across the land;
Snow blanketed the barren ground.
Ice covered the sea surround.
Bundling up in layers,
Offering prayers,
The scared people wished
Well-being;
Thriving,
Still.

I will write the other three... Soon.

Posted Dec 15, '11 at 6:57pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

The scared people wished

Humm, that's five, isn't it? :/ Easy fix. Also a few slapface errors in there...

Winter - a nonet.

A frozen wind blew across the land;
Snow blanketed the barren ground.
Ice covered the sea surround.
Bundling up in layers,
Offering prayers,
The people wished
Well-being;
Thriving,
Still.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to explain this. This was based on 'The Great Frost' in England in 1683. The sea froze up to two miles around the coast of the southern North Sea. Intense winter? Most likely.

Posted Dec 30, '11 at 11:01am

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

I have found myself addicted to Tumblr. Gah. I love it :3

Anyways. I am here.

I'm not sure why I linked to it since I have not posted anything new much on there. Oh yeah, I should get working on that sonnet... I'll post it when I'm done.

Reply to Jeol: The Resuscitation

You must be logged in to post a reply!