Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

Jeol: The Resuscitation

Posted Jun 18, '13 at 5:22pm

TerminatorXM214

TerminatorXM214

233 posts

I finished it once. There are 42 levels.

Posted Jun 19, '13 at 7:27pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

It's a first game, pang, not even made with HTML5. What did you expect? :P

And yes, there are 42 levels. Good luck with the last one though, heh heh.

Posted Jun 22, '13 at 12:05pm

dair5

dair5

2,479 posts

I think bubbles could use some more complexity, but I kinda liked it. After I think level 10 I figured out you could make bubble faces.
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s511/dair5/4158c159-3d8f-465b-8594-a7a922c933d8_zps4468c8ae.jpg

I think I only got to level 24 though.

Posted Jun 22, '13 at 12:36pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

More complexity? What do you mean?

At this point, I'm beginning to get semi-interested in flash, though I'd like to stick with Javascript if I could, especially since I've been using C-based languages the most out of all the ones available. I'd kind of like to try to get some cool visual effect generators going with this system, though I don't really know where to start with that. I'll also be working on physics systems and the like, though I probably won't post them here since this thread is mostly art. Ah well.

Posted Jun 22, '13 at 1:54pm

dair5

dair5

2,479 posts

Adding different kinds of bubbles- different colors with different effects would be  nice. Maybe have a story of a bubble hero that defeats a bubble villain (Doesn't really need to be that complex, but I think that would be pretty cool) It's just that right now the game is a little simplified. Adding more aspects to game play as you progress through the levels keeps things interesting.

Posted Jun 22, '13 at 2:52pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

That might just have to be my next HTML5 project. I need quite a bit of practice with physics engines, anyways. This should be an easy start, and I can expand easily upon it, as long as I'm getting some good projects. I might even get some cool tools you could inherit. :3 We'll see.

Posted Jul 8, '13 at 2:21am

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Update, since I know that so many of you are dying to play this.

http://imgur.com/wHsaTj5

There are only two/three classes of bubbles at the moment, mostly because I'm working on the physics at the moment. As you can see, it will work a lot the same way what with random generation and hovering, with actual circles instead of squares this time. Instead of random sizes, they will be specifically attributed.

http://imgur.com/6MaWcYz

Bubbles scatter when one is popped. (I don't have to tell you guys that that one travelled in the specifically opposite direction, right?) Oh yeah, they also bounce off the walls, or pop when they hit, depending how fast they're going.

I still want interaction between bubbles themselves, so we'll see how that goes... I'm still working on the physics themselves, not like there's any problem with it or anything. Right? Right? K.

-----

The past few days have been rather strange, particularly the last 12 hours what with waking up about five hours before I hoped I would. I'm listening to fun. now, though, so it feels a little better. In honor of this ethereal night, I decided to write a little something.

Westardin

Twilight.

"The moon looks brilliant on those clouds."
A date, a meeting, whatever purpose -
"And yet it washes out the stars amongst."
One could not quite disagree.

Out over the dark, shimmering sea,
Their eyes appreciated the contrast
That so disapprovingly detested their
Existence, so impartially.

The precipice of this mountain,
Holding its height with such pride, yet
With the self-discontent of this
"Relationship," of his and hers.

Jealousy hardly amiably results;
Two's love had such passion -
How the overseeing were so disproving.
Their devotion outweighed the wary.

Yet, these two were unalike, these
"Relationships," where
One was richly affectionate;
The other was contrary,
Yet so envious of the other.

Posted Aug 17, '13 at 8:31pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Dissection time! :D

Twilight.

Boom. Print it, throw it in the box, send it to the publishers. We got ourselves a setup. Sometimes people go into detail for more than they should. Why do we need ten paragraphs describing details that won't do anything but confuse the reader? Why can't we just have a basic setup comprised of one word? And "twilight" is such an iconic, recognizable word, so you know you can rely on your audience to understand what the heck you mean.

"The moon looks brilliant on those clouds."
A date, a meeting, whatever purpose -
"And yet it washes out the stars amongst."
One could not quite disagree.

Quotations. Brilliant. jeol, this is great. I don't know where these sayings are coming from, but I'm assuming they're a non-existent topic presenter. You didn't immediate go off and start talking about this topic either. You added to the scenery and said there was some meeting on some date for some undefined purpose, and by saying "whatever" it sounds like it does not matter; only that this meeting is happening in a midst of twilight. The stars amongst, being washed out. Sounds like this meeting is overpowering compared to the destructive beauty of space. And it sounds like that fact is unanimous, no?

Out over the dark, shimmering sea,
Their eyes appreciated the contrast
That so disapprovingly detested their
Existence, so impartially.

I like the flow here. When I say it out loud, it sounds natural. That's good. The word choice is sophisticated and it alludes to more details. You're exposing the story as it progresses, which is neat. I'm also beginning to assume that there's some sort of love going on here.

The precipice of this mountain,
Holding its height with such pride, yet
With the self-discontent of this
"Relationship," of his and hers.

Love has been confirmed. We went from a shimmering sea to a mountain, which is an awesome thought to dwell on. Sounds like these two are traveling while bonding. Maybe it's metaphorical, maybe it's a story.

Jealousy hardly amiably results;
Two's love had such passion -
How the overseeing were so disproving.
Their devotion outweighed the wary.

This is kind of cliche, but the way it's presented is interesting and original. You got the rebellious couple fighting their parents. D'aww...

Yet, these two were unalike, these
"Relationships," where
One was richly affectionate;
The other was contrary,
Yet so envious of the other.

I don't know what to make of this. I feel like it was meant to be a narrative of the comparison of two relationships set forth in the poem, but I'm only seeing one. I'm still thinking about this.

Posted Aug 17, '13 at 11:16pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Yes, there were two different couples - the wording is pretty subtle, probably too subtle. I tried to switch about every stanza. If you look at the first paragraph, the quotations are as if one to another, as if one is upset about something that results in his/her particularly pessimistic attitude. In the third paragraph, the wording is the most important - perhaps the mention of the precipice of the mountain has some significance, but most notable is the word 'self-discontent,' suggesting that the said 'relationship' (satirical quotation marks) was perhaps not going as well as the other couple's. Also, 'his and hers' notes a separation rather than a coupling - comparably, in the fourth stanza, it is noted '[the] Two's love' which accentuates the conflict.

Hopefully that makes more sense of the narrative that is given.

Posted Aug 19, '13 at 5:04am

Nurvana

Nurvana

2,179 posts

"Tittilating"

- Misspelled Biquarterly

Reply to Jeol: The Resuscitation

You must be logged in to post a reply!