ForumsArt, Music, and WritingJeol: The Resuscitation

209 40246
jeol
jeol
3,842 posts

I need no introduction. Oh, wait, I guess that's a little late. As you may have guessed, this is the infamous Jeol's thread.

So this morning, I was on my way to the co-op I take classes at thinking about my speech, when out of the blue comes a story. About a land named Rhyme. So, in the class I made my speech in after my speech, I started to work on one of my first poems that wasn't inspired by the 'First Line Poetry' thread, a quatrain.

Rhymes of Rhyme - a quatrain.
Once upon a time,
in the land of Rhyme,
rhyming was so prime,
it sparked such a fine time.

There was a man named Pine
in the land of Rhyme
who rhymed so prime,
it made ev'rybody cry.

When the man died,
it made the country dry
for the prime of their rhymes,
and the rhymes lost their shine.

In times since then,
in the land of Rhyme,
rhyming was so bland,
no one ever rhymed again.

Yes, the non-rhyming of the last stanza was intentional. Yes.

I will post other creations and whatnot in the future.

• 209 Replies
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,815 posts

Do you do rhyming poetry haha

I don't have much of a knack for rhyming. When I attempt it, it always has Frostian undertones, and I end up ditching because 'Birches' or 'Fire and Ice' or 'The Road Not Taken' always flits into my head, and mine can't compare. D:

I've been drawing most of my inspiration from music lately, further helped by the fact that my speakers are finally working. Can listen to my music now.

The effect was called 'Pallete Knife'

Awesome. You should mess around with it, because it looks really cool.

My free verses? What do you mean by that?

Typically characterised by the liberal use of enjabment.
jeol
jeol
3,842 posts

Time to make this work.

... Hmm, this might be a bit of a challenge.

Snow is descending,
White crystals blowing,
Alighting on the frozen ground.

Each tiny flake transcending,
Forming, slowly growing,
Soon enough, the snow
Will ensnare the low.

One, two, three, four,
Too many flakes too account for.
The blizzard will soon mound
Every inch of the ground.

Pure white, graceful snow,
Slowly drifting down, to and fro;
It blankets all beneath.

Mneh. That's why I don't rhyme :P

Awesome. You should mess around with it, because it looks really cool.

Okay, I'll fiddle around with it, see how it works.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,815 posts

Mneh. That's why I don't rhyme :P

Or why free verse doesn't typically rhyme. :P
jeol
jeol
3,842 posts

Or why free verse doesn't typically rhyme. :P

Humm, I suppose.

Okay, I pallete'd a photo of me (the latest one I posted in the 'Faces of AG thread' thread). Since you have to see it closer to notice it, I figure'd I would just link it. You'll probably have to zoom to see it close-up.
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,815 posts

Okay, I pallete'd a photo of me (the latest one I posted in the 'Faces of AG thread' thread). Since you have to see it closer to notice it, I figure'd I would just link it. You'll probably have to zoom to see it close-up

Yeah, I can tell 'cause the snow is more jagged than you would expect. I think the picture is too bright, with too many colors to be effective. It worked best when you had the dark ground contrasting with the bright lights.
jeol
jeol
3,842 posts

Humm, I see your point... I'll keep trying.

dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,927 posts

I liked your snow poem... sounds like our weather situation. I can only stand poems that rhyme, nice short stanzas make it work.

jeol
jeol
3,842 posts

I liked your snow poem... sounds like our weather situation. I can only stand poems that rhyme, nice short stanzas make it work.

Thanks!

Okay, time to work on poem revision... My favorite chore :/

Coloured Pain

As I strolled along, I passed
A large figure wearing a vest,
A coat of brilliant colour.
As if time need not continue,
He turned 'round and so was revealed,
He was but a lifeless corpse,
His eyes proclaiming from within,
"Beware, a dead, rotten soul."

Walking toward me like a zombie,
There seemed not much to do but run,
And so the colorful dead man gave chase.
No one was nigh, no one to be my saviour;
The land was as dead as my pursuer.
At that moment, I realized,
I was as well off as he following me.

But it was a dream.
Yet as I awoke, I knew
I was as good as a dead man,
My riches were as dust.

And so, I proceeded slowly
To the canal beside my home,
The water looked as black as death itself,
And the river was as cold as winter.
I could only change from here.

Before I could even move,
My conscious drilled me;
So I turned and saw a man,
Dressed in a tattered yet colorful vest,
A homeless man, begging for money.

I stepped away from the river
And walked to the sorry man,
Dropping a meager coin in his palm,
And so I left, conscious throbbing.
This man was better off than me.
I was hurting deep inside,
Caused by pain like heaven.

Hmneh. Should I bother rhyming this?
murasaki9
murasaki9
1,390 posts

That's an interesting poem.
*mom needs to check on son*

jeol
jeol
3,842 posts

Mneh, that was a bland week. I have been sick with a cold for the past two days, which unfortunately for me means a slight sinus infection and fever and headache and whatnot. At the moment, I only have a sore throat, so it's almost gone. I hope to be a little more active in the next week, and in that case, write more poetry or whatever I happen to feel like at that point.

Not to mention the contests are waiting to be judged, so I should be writing for those soon...

daleks
daleks
3,789 posts

Okay, I pallete'd a photo of me (the latest one I posted in the 'Faces of AG thread' thread). Since you have to see it closer to notice it, I figure'd I would just link it. You'll probably have to zoom to see it close-up.

Like Mav said the snow does look a bit jagged. Unlike him though I like the colors but the sky is a little bit to bright for me.
jeol
jeol
3,842 posts

Like Mav said the snow does look a bit jagged. Unlike him though I like the colors but the sky is a little bit to bright for me.

Yeah, the palette knife kind of messed the picture up. It doesn't work with pictures that have great detail and contrast.
jeol
jeol
3,842 posts

Gosh, still almost no poetry has been written D: I've been crunch-writing for the NaNoWriMo, though... I didn't know I could have so much fun writing. This has definitely been the highlight of my week.

What I've written so far:

Installation 1 of 25:

That morning was a dreadfully wonderful morning - the rising sun briskly started once again on it's journey across the northern sky. The atmosphere greeted the sun with bountiful selections of color - all sort of purple and red and orange and yellow and blue.
This great air was widely ignored by Jill. She wasn't at all worried much at all about color and the sun rising every day of the year. She assumed that every morning the sun should rise in the east and set in the west - a worthy assumption, to say the least. But the fact that the sun might not rise in the east in the morning is not a subject particularly popular among people. In fact, almost everyone you talk to will tell you that if the world does not end by tomorrow, the sun will not rise in the east. They could always rely on science telling them that the world will keep spinning and the sun keep blazing, and all this with no harm to humanity. Science is a big assumer - it does not take into account the probability of the sun suddenly becoming sick and deciding to take the day off. That, of course, is another matter. "The sun doesn't get sick," so they may ridicule. "Even the thought of the sun becoming sick is completely ridiculous." That is quite alright, for science has been proven worthy of being right, most often; many times it is spot on, because science explains everything as it is. Well, almost everything. It doesn't exactly explain why the sun would get sick. But that is another matter.
Jill took a sip of her coffee. One sugar, two milks - that is the right mixture (in her eyes) without being very strong or like candy. The sudden jump of thought to coffee amused her. Why her mind might suddenly start about the perfect mixture of milks and sugars and why was quite beyond her. She returned to her book, continuing on in her light reading over her breakfast and morning coffee.
"Jill!" A shout emancipated from inside the house. Jill, hearing the shout, turned around and called back inside, "Yes, what is it?"
A tall yet slender man approached from inside the house. "Phone call."
"Thanks, Joe." Jill took the phone and spoke into the receiver. "Hello? Who is it?"
A deep gravelly voice answered on the other side. "Hey, I'm looking for some chums."
"Say what?"
"You know, chums. I want to get some sort of a party together."
"Uh, sure, but -"
"No problem. Be there at 8."
"Okay, but -"
"You're wondering where?"
"Um, yes, precisely."
"Corner of East and Main. Bye."
"Wait si- *click*" Jill sighed. She walked back inside to put the phone back onto it's perch. "That was possibly the weirdest call I have ever had."
"Who was it?"
"Some guy with a gravelly voice asking if I wanted to go to a party."
"Oh. So... Are you going to go?"
"Of course! Who wouldn't skip out on a party?"
"Wait, seriously? ... Am I invited?"
"Uh, no, I didn't hear your name mentioned. Sorry."
"Bummer."
"Well hey, I have to run for a dentist appointment. I'll probably go shopping afterwards."
"You're going to run to the dentist's office in your jeans?" Joe asked surprisingly. Jill glared at him. "I'll see you later. Don't forget to pick up some coffee. We're almost out."
"Of course I will. What makes you think I won't?" She teased.
"Coffee addict." Joe joked. "Well hey, have fun at the dentist appointment. I can vouch for many people in saying that going to the dentist is, indeed, fun."
Jill glanced at the clock. "Oh dear, I should really be going. I'll see you later."
"And the cookies."
"Bye."
"Bye."
Jill grabbed the keys off of the shelf next to the door to the garage and ran out, tripping over the door frame as she passed. "I told you that you should have worn something more fit for running." Jill sighed and closed the door on her way out.

---

Jill stopped at the bakery isle of the grocery store, Eat Rite Shop, in search of cookies. Joe's favorite kind of cookie was oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, so she searched the isle specifically for such cookies. Chocolate chip, sugar, snickerdoodle, oatmeal, bran - almost anything you could think of was lined up on the shelf. Everything, that is, except for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
Looking for someone who worked at the store, Jill walked around the store. Finally, she came across someone she thought could help. She prompted him, "Umm, sir, do you happen to have any oatmeal chocolate chip cookies at this store? I've found almost all other kinds of cookies - even bran, nobody likes bran - and without luck, my search was not completed. Do you happen to stock them?"
The grocery clerk answered in his gravelly voice, "Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? Are you crazy? Nobody likes... Whatever horrible mess that might be. And what do you have against Bran? It's the most popular cookie in the store."
"What are you talking about? I've come here for years and every single day you've stocked Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. What do you mean you've never had them here?"
"I meant exactly what I heard. Now scram, I've got work to do."
"Work?" She looked up and down the empty isles. "It hardly seems like there's any work to be done, unless it happens to be stocking Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. Fine, I'll go." She walked to the front counter to pay for the coffee in her hand, and after paying for it, proceeded to walk out the door. "And nobody likes bran."

---

Jill walked in the door. "Weirdest thing - the store didn't have any Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies."
"What? They've always had them stocked."
"Yeah, that's what I said. They had lots of Bran cookies, though. The clerk kept saying that Bran cookies were quite popular. Nobody likes bran, though."
"Hah, I can vouch for that. And so many weird things have been happening it seems. The phone call, the cookies... What's up, do you think? It's such a strange day."
"I don't know, but I feel the urge to find out. Maybe the guy at the party could explain some of the oddities happening around here. Who knows, maybe he bought the store out of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies."
"Maybe."
"Oh, and honey, shouldn't you be at work by now?"
Joe gave her a strange look. "I don't have a job."
Jill was confused. "Did you get laid off or something? What's up?"
"Umm, no, I never had a job."
An awkward silence settled over the couple. Jill broke the silence. "Well... I guess we'll just have to make some cookies ourselves. Can you go downstairs and get some oatmeal?"
"Sure thing." Joe disappeared down the stairs and Jill proceeded to prepare some of the ingredients for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.
"A strange day indeed..."

---

Joe grabbed a one pound bag of oatmeal from the storage room in the basement and stomped back up the stairs. The door was closed. He didn't remember closing the door. He reached forward to grab the door handle - The door suddenly flew open to reveal the great blue sky and a bunch of people (three, to be exact) gathered around the doorway. "Hey! You must be Joe. My name is Jerry." A tall yet buff man greeted Joe with a strong handshake.
"Uuh... Guys... Where's my house?"
"Don't worry about your house. Right now you're with us."
"Where's my wife?!" Joe shouted and started to strangle with Jerry and the folk around. Jerry and two other people grabbed him and tried to get him to settle down.
"Your wife is fine. Now, may we proceed," Jerry replied.
"I'm not going anywhere without knowing what's going on." He looked behind to where he entered the mysterious world. The doorway and staircase had disappeared. He continued, "And I would really love to know what's going on."
"Don't worry about it, alright? It's all good. It's all fine. Time freezes when you leave the house; everything will be fine."
"But, I don-"
"SHUT UP!" Jerry yelled, then sighed, "We may proceed."

---

Jill rumbled quietly as she slowly awoke. Then she realized something. That something was very odd and was very confusing. She sat up quickly. She did not quite understand what was going on. All she did was eat just one chocolate chip. All she did was send Joe down to the basement to fetch some oatmeal. Was that really terrible?
Now, to express the plain oddity of what she was feeling, let's step back. Last we heard from her, she was gathering ingredients for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and had sent Joe down to get some oatmeal for the cookies. Now, what we had missed was the part where she ate a chocolate chip. Shame on her. The other strange thing she felt was the fact that she was in bed. How did she get there? How long had she been sleeping? And finally, why was she in the middle of a forest?
She rolled off of the bed and proceeded to walk in a random direction. Actually, the direction was not quite random - it seemed there was already a path laid out for her, and it seemed to be worn from constant stampeding. She continued down the trail, dodging brush, crawling over logs, and seemingly walking with no reason. Soon she started running, but only shortly, for she once again tripped over her jeans. Then she only felt clumsy - she had not changed out of her clothes before going to sleep, nonetheless embarking on such an adventure. She dusted herself off and continued down the trail.
It was about this time when she came upon a structure, evidently artificial. She climbed up to the top of the structure - it seemed to be shaped like a pyramid. At the top was a pedestal. On that pedestal, she found, was a plate of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. How odd.

---

Joe coughed up blood in the middle of a forest in the middle of an unknown world. Joe wondered quietly why he coughed up blood - all he had done was take one step. He had handed off the oatmeal to Jerry and as the others started walking down a random trail, he assumed to do the same. The only problem was that his body did not think that he should do the same.
Joe stood, half bent, coughing up blood, having not even reached the trail yet. Jerry shook his head. "Joe. Your shoes are untied."
"What?" Joe looked down at his shoes, and just as Jerry had said, his shoes were untied. "Uum..."
"Are you going to tie them? We need to get going."
"... I suppose..."
"Come on, we need to go."
"Uuh..."
Jerry shook his head, bent down and tied Joe's shoes for him. "Hey, why did you do that?"
"You weren't tying them, so I took the responsibility."
"I can tie my shoes perfectly fine by myself, thank you very much."
"Then why weren't you?"
Joe was stumped. He didn't know why he hadn't bent down to tie his shoes.
"Doesn't matter. Let's keep going." They started hiking down the trail once again. Joe almost expected to start coughing up blood at his next step, but after finally braving that step, he discovered that he didn't cough up blood like he had initially expected. "Joe. Let's go?"
"Oh, um, sorry. I was just thinking." And so they continued on down the trail, stopping only at the base of a small house-sized man-made structure. Jerry and the two others started climbing up the steps of the pyramid-like structure. "Hey guys, are you sure that's such a great idea?"
Jerry sighed. "Joe, this attitude of yours is a real problem. Grow up and come with us or just stand there staring at your shoes."
Joe was stumped once again at the sudden comeback of Jerry's. He honestly did not understand what was going on - he was still meandering over how he had gotten here in the first place. All he wanted was a taxi to get back home. He wanted to get back to Jill and tell her all about the strange experience he was having. "Just one question - do they have taxis out here?"
Jerry glared at him through his dark brown eyes. Joe's Asian heritage almost led you to believe that he was going to jump out and start showing his Kung Fu skills. Jerry rolled his eyes. "Stop with this willy nilly and hurry up." Joe was stumped again.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,535 posts

Jerry

*shudders* ugh change his name.
jeol
jeol
3,842 posts

*shudders* ugh change his name.

Sorry :P Free-writing doesn't really give any chance for character development. I shall change it, though. What would be a better name? Daniel? Earnest? Earnest sounds good. There's lots of color in the name of Earnest :P

Okay, I think I patched it all up. Also fixed a few typographical errors. Hopefully all of them; I didn't really read through it carefully.
That morning was a dreadfully wonderful morning - the rising sun briskly started once again on it's journey across the northern sky. The atmosphere greeted the sun with bountiful selections of color - all sort of purple and red and orange and yellow and blue.

This great air was widely ignored by Jill. She wasn't at all worried much at all about color and the sun rising every day of the year. She assumed that every morning the sun should rise in the east and set in the west - a worthy assumption, to say the least. But the fact that the sun might not rise in the east in the morning is not a subject particularly popular among people. In fact, almost everyone you talk to will tell you that if the world does not end by tomorrow, the sun will not rise in the east. They could always rely on science telling them that the world will keep spinning and the sun keep blazing, and all this with no harm to humanity. Science is a big assumer - it does not take into account the probability of the sun suddenly becoming sick and deciding to take the day off. That, of course, is another matter. "The sun doesn't get sick," so they may ridicule. "Even the thought of the sun becoming sick is completely ridiculous." That is quite alright, for science has been proven worthy of being right, most often; many times it is spot on, because science explains everything as it is. Well, almost everything. It doesn't exactly explain why the sun would get sick. But that is another matter.

Jill took a sip of her coffee. One sugar, two milks - that is the right mixture (in her eyes) without being very strong or like candy. The sudden jump of thought to coffee amused her. Why her mind might suddenly start about the perfect mixture of milks and sugars and why was quite beyond her. She returned to her book, continuing on in her light reading over her breakfast and morning coffee.

"Jill!" A shout emancipated from inside the house. Jill, hearing the shout, turned around and called back inside, "Yes, what is it?"

A tall yet slender man approached from inside the house. "Phone call."

"Thanks, Joe." Jill took the phone and spoke into the receiver. "Hello? Who is it?"

A deep gravelly voice answered on the other side. "Hey, I'm looking for some chums."

"Say what?"

"You know, chums. I want to get some sort of a party together."

"Uh, sure, but -"

"No problem. Be there at 8."

"Okay, but -"

"You're wondering where?"

"Um, yes, precisely."

"Corner of East and Main. Bye."

"Wait si- *click*" Jill sighed. She walked back inside to put the phone back onto it's perch. "That was possibly the weirdest call I have ever had."

"Who was it?"

"Some guy with a gravelly voice asking if I wanted to go to a party."

"Oh. So... Are you going to go?"

"Of course! Who wouldn't skip out on a party?"

"Wait, seriously? ... Am I invited?"

"Uh, no, I didn't hear your name mentioned. Sorry."

"Bummer."

"Well hey, I have to run for a dentist appointment. I'll probably go shopping afterwards."

"You're going to run to the dentist's office in your jeans?" Joe asked surprisingly. Jill glared at him. "I'll see you later. Don't forget to pick up some coffee. We're almost out."

"Of course I will. What makes you think I won't?" She teased.

"Coffee addict." Joe joked. "Well hey, have fun at the dentist appointment. I can vouch for many people in saying that going to the dentist is, indeed, fun."

Jill glanced at the clock. "Oh dear, I should really be going. I'll see you later."

"And the cookies."

"Bye."

"Bye."

Jill grabbed the keys off of the shelf next to the door to the garage and ran out, tripping over the door frame as she passed. "I told you that you should have worn something more fit for running." Jill sighed and closed the door on her way out.

---

Jill stopped at the bakery isle of the grocery store, Eat Rite Shop, in search of cookies. Joe's favorite kind of cookie was oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, so she searched the isle specifically for such cookies. Chocolate chip, sugar, snickerdoodle, oatmeal, bran - almost anything you could think of was lined up on the shelf. Everything, that is, except for oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

Looking for someone who worked at the store, Jill walked around the store. Finally, she came across someone she thought could help. She prompted him, "Umm, sir, do you happen to have any oatmeal chocolate chip cookies at this store? I've found almost all other kinds of cookies - even bran, nobody likes bran - and without luck, my search was not completed. Do you happen to stock them?"

The grocery clerk answered in his gravelly voice, "Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? Are you crazy? Nobody likes... Whatever horrible mess that might be. And what do you have against Bran? It's the most popular cookie in the store."
"What are you talking about? I've come here for years and every single day you've stocked Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. What do you mean you've never had them here?"

"I meant exactly what I heard. Now scram, I've got work to do."

"Work?" She looked up and down the empty isles. "It hardly seems like there's any work to be done, unless it happens to be stocking Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. Fine, I'll go." She walked to the front counter to pay for the coffee in her hand, and after paying for it, proceeded to walk out the door. "And nobody likes bran."

---

Jill walked in the door. "Weirdest thing - the store didn't have any Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies."
"What? They've always had them stocked."

"Yeah, that's what I said. They had lots of Bran cookies, though. The clerk kept saying that Bran cookies were quite popular. Nobody likes bran, though."

"Hah, I can vouch for that. And so many weird things have been happening it seems. The phone call, the cookies... What's up, do you think? It's such a strange day."

"I don't know, but I feel the urge to find out. Maybe the guy at the party could explain some of the oddities happening around here. Who knows, maybe he bought the store out of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies."

"Maybe."

"Oh, and honey, shouldn't you be at work by now?"

Joe gave her a strange look. "I don't have a job."

Jill was confused. "Did you get laid off or something? What's up?"

"Umm, no, I never had a job."

An awkward silence settled over the couple. Jill broke the silence. "Well... I guess we'll just have to make some cookies ourselves. Can you go downstairs and get some oatmeal?"

"Sure thing." Joe disappeared down the stairs and Jill proceeded to prepare some of the ingredients for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies.

"A strange day indeed..."

---

Joe grabbed a one pound bag of oatmeal from the storage room in the basement and stomped back up the stairs. The door was closed. He didn't remember closing the door. He reached forward to grab the door handle - The door suddenly flew open to reveal the great blue sky and a bunch of people (three, to be exact) gathered around the doorway. "Hey! You must be Joe. My name is Earnest." A tall yet buff man greeted Joe with a strong handshake.

"Uuh... Guys... Where's my house?"

"Don't worry about your house. Right now you're with us."

"Where's my wife?!" Joe shouted and started to strangle with Earnest and the folk around. They grabbed Joe and tried to get him to settle down.

"Your wife is fine. Now, may we proceed," Earnest replied.

"I'm not going anywhere without knowing what's going on." He looked behind to where he entered the mysterious world. The doorway and staircase had disappeared. He continued, "And I would really love to know what's going on."

"Don't worry about it, alright? It's all good. It's all fine. Time freezes when you leave the house; everything will be fine."

"But, I don-"

"SHUT UP!" Earnest yelled, then sighed, "We may proceed."

---

Jill rumbled quietly as she slowly awoke. Then she realized something. That something was very odd and was very confusing. She sat up quickly. She did not quite understand what was going on. All she did was eat just one chocolate chip. All she did was send Joe down to the basement to fetch some oatmeal. Was that really terrible?

Now, to express the plain oddity of what she was feeling, let's step back. Last we heard from her, she was gathering ingredients for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and had sent Joe down to get some oatmeal for the cookies. Now, what we had missed was the part where she ate a chocolate chip. Shame on her. The other strange thing she felt was the fact that she was in bed. How did she get there? How long had she been sleeping? And finally, why was she in the middle of a forest?

She rolled off of the bed and proceeded to walk in a random direction. Actually, the direction was not quite random - it seemed there was already a path laid out for her, and it seemed to be worn from constant stampeding. She continued down the trail, dodging brush, crawling over logs, and seemingly walking with no reason. Soon she started running, but only shortly, for she once again tripped over her jeans. Then she only felt clumsy - she had not changed out of her clothes before going to sleep, nonetheless embarking on such an adventure. She dusted herself off and continued down the trail.

It was about this time when she came upon a structure, evidently artificial. She climbed up to the top of the structure - it seemed to be shaped like a pyramid. At the top was a pedestal. On that pedestal, she found, was a plate of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies. How odd.

---

Joe coughed up blood in the middle of a forest in the middle of an unknown world. Joe wondered quietly why he coughed up blood - all he had done was take one step. He had handed off the oatmeal to Earnest and as the others started walking down a random trail, he assumed to do the same. The only problem was that his body did not think that he should do the same.

Joe stood, half bent, coughing up blood, having not even reached the trail yet. Earnest shook his head. "Joe. Your shoes are untied."

"Huh? What?" Joe looked down at his shoes, and just as Earnest had said, his shoes were untied. "Uum..."

"Are you going to tie them? We need to get going."

"... I suppose..."

"Come on, we need to go."

"Uuh..."

Earnest shook his head, bent down and tied Joe's shoes for him. "Hey, why did you do that?"

"You weren't tying them, so I took the responsibility."

"I can tie my shoes perfectly fine by myself, thank you very much."

"Then why didn't you?"

Joe was stumped. He didn't know why he hadn't bent down to tie his shoes.

"Doesn't matter. Let's keep going." They started hiking down the trail once again. Joe almost expected to start coughing up blood at his next step, but after finally braving that step, he discovered that he didn't cough up blood like he had initially expected. "Joe. Let's go?"

"Oh, um, sorry. I was just thinking." And so they continued on down the trail, stopping only at the base of a small house-sized man-made structure. Earnest and the two others started climbing up the steps of the pyramid-like structure. "Hey guys, are you sure that's such a great idea?"

Earnest sighed. "Joe, this attitude of yours is a real problem. Grow up and come with us or just stand there staring at your shoes."

Joe was stumped once again at the sudden comeback of Earnest's. He honestly did not understand what was going on - he was still meandering over how he had gotten here in the first place. All he wanted was a taxi to get back home. He wanted to get back to Jill and tell her all about the strange experience he was having. "Just one question - do they have taxis out here?"

Earnest glared at him through his dark brown eyes. Joe's Asian heritage almost led you to believe that he was going to jump out and start demonstrating his Kung Fu skills. Earnest rolled his eyes. "Stop with the willy nilly and hurry up." Joe was stumped again.

Hopefully that should take care of all of it and the spacing should help with paragraphs a bit.
Showing 151-165 of 209