ForumsArt, Music, and WritingJeol: The Resuscitation

209 40108
jeol
jeol
3,843 posts

I need no introduction. Oh, wait, I guess that's a little late. As you may have guessed, this is the infamous Jeol's thread.

So this morning, I was on my way to the co-op I take classes at thinking about my speech, when out of the blue comes a story. About a land named Rhyme. So, in the class I made my speech in after my speech, I started to work on one of my first poems that wasn't inspired by the 'First Line Poetry' thread, a quatrain.

Rhymes of Rhyme - a quatrain.
Once upon a time,
in the land of Rhyme,
rhyming was so prime,
it sparked such a fine time.

There was a man named Pine
in the land of Rhyme
who rhymed so prime,
it made ev'rybody cry.

When the man died,
it made the country dry
for the prime of their rhymes,
and the rhymes lost their shine.

In times since then,
in the land of Rhyme,
rhyming was so bland,
no one ever rhymed again.

Yes, the non-rhyming of the last stanza was intentional. Yes.

I will post other creations and whatnot in the future.

• 209 Replies
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,538 posts

Ah. So much better lol. I enjoy your writings sir, keep it up plz!

jeol
jeol
3,843 posts

Ah. So much better lol. I enjoy your writings sir, keep it up plz!

Thanks! Here's some more to munch on.

Installation 2 of 25:

"I'M SO CONFUSED!" Those were the only words Jill could muster. She took another bite of the last oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, but the only emotions running through her mind were complete confusion. She didn't understand. She didn't know why she didn't understand; all she knew was that she didn't understand. She also knew she was eating the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. That wasn't a crime, was it? She took another bite, finishing off the last cookie. Suddenly the strong headache and confusion that were preeminent suddenly wore off. The only problem was that she gathered another headache and more confusion - confusion as to why it suddenly disappeared. She wiped the crumbs from her lips and looked around from the perch on the structure.
There were two four sides of the structure, each sloping to the top. Two of them had steps up to the top - they were exactly opposite to each other. The other two sides were simply great big blocks that stepped up to the top - in all, there were three, including the top stone. On the top, as noted earlier, there was a pedestal that contained at one point oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. They were gone now, though.
Jill took note of which side she had climbed up the stairs - somehow, through all of the confusion of cookie-eating, she still remembered. She climbed down the other side and proceeded once again to hike the trail that wound through the large forest.
---
Earnest climbed up the last step and walked to the pedestal on the top of the structure. "Ah, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, my favorite!"
Joe reached the top. "What did you say?"
"Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Want one?"
"Of course!" Joe took a cookie from the pedestal and started to munch on it, taking in the view from the top of the tall pyramid. From the top, you could overlook the forest and see miles in any direction.
Earnest spoke up. "Now, we'll be heading toward the mountain over in the east -" he pointed in the opposite direction Joe was facing, "and then we'll try to get to the top. Who knows what may be up there... I have never made it myself."
"Excuse me, but where exactly are we?" Joe asked.
"Right, you've never been here before, have you?"
"Nope."
"Well, we are in the fourth quadrant of the sixth pendantum, on the planet of -"
"I want to know WHERE we are."
"Humm, right." Earnest started pacing around the top of the structure. "We, Joe, are in an alternate universe from yours." Joe stood staring at Earnest. "To be exact, we are in an alternate universe, except for the fact that our universes are entirely different."
"H-h-how did I get here?" Joe nervously wondered.
"Duh, Joe, wormhole." Earnest held up a somewhat bulky handheld device. "Getting a sample of your DNA was the hard part - for one, there is no such thing as DNA in this universe and that we had to guess the string. As you could imagine, it took a while."
"H-h-how..." Joe swallowed. "Nevermind that. Why am I here?"
"We need a human to use the shelfhold reactor."
"The what?"
"It's hard to explain. We need to get going, though, so let's go, guys." The four of them climbed down the other side of the structure and hiked down yet another trail. As they continued, the mountain loomed ever closer.
---
Jill coughed up blood. Why, she did not quite understand - she was hardly tired and was eager to find out what was going on. She sat down on a nearby log. She noticed that her shoes were untied. That was quite odd, since she could have sworn her shoes didn't have laces. She bent down and tied them and soon the taste of blood disappeared from her mouth. Sighing, she laid her head down a pillow that was oddly placed right where her head would lie. And there was a blanket. And the log had a mattress in the core, and thankfully the top had been split off. She lay down and covered herself with the blanket, and soon entered a deep sleep...
---
Jill jerked awake. Several hundred people surrounded her, it seemed - It was hard to see all of them because the trail was so narrow, and the people were surrounding her in all directions. One of them, wearing an elegantly styled headdress spouted off random gibberish and two strong men grabbed her and forced her to take a pill. She passed out shortly afterward.
---
"I forgot to mention." Earnest turned around to face Joe. "There are aboriginals around these parts. If you see any, tell us and we'll lead you to a safe place. You can never be too careful around these parts."
And so they continued on down the trail. The mountain obscured more of their view to the east every hour. Eventually, they reached another structure, identical to the one they had seen before. They climbed to the top and, just as before, there was a pedestal at the top. Catching their breath, they stopped for a moment at the top to breathe the cool air and observe the area around them. Joe pointed at the sky. "Wasn't the sun at the same position when we started?"
"If that's what you call the sun, yes. The worlds don't turn like they do in your universe."
"Wouldn't the atmosphere burn up then?"
"Not really. This universe basically has a uniform temperature. You wouldn't quite understand."
"I'd assume not."
"Well, let's get this party started then."
They turned around to face the pedestal. Shock covered Earnest and the two others as they observed no cookies on the pedestal. "Where'd they all go?!?" Earnest was shocked. The cookies were always there. The aboriginals wouldn't touch them; they considered the cookies a sacred relic. "That must mean..." Earnest's voice trailed away. "We must hurry to reach the mountain. The aboriginals will be here at any moment."
They took quick steps to the edge of the structure, but in a split second the entire construction was surrounded by aboriginals. "Uh, Earnest, how did they -"
"Someone else was here. Someone else took their cookies."
The chief of the aboriginals - the one with the elegant headdress - called out in random gibberish, and a group of strong men ran up the steps and grabbed a hold of the four at the top of the structure. They were all slipped pills and so they passed out...
---
Joe woke up coughing blood. His first thoughts spanned from what was going on to the realization that his shoe laces were untied. He bent down and tied them. After doing so, he sat up and looked around. Earnest and the two other people that never said anything were both still asleep. They were in a closed room, built with stone bricks resembling sandstone. The room was shaped like the structures - A flat floor with the four walls sloping up into a point. The room was on the larger side - the point itself was twenty feet in the air, and floor twenty feet long and twenty feet wide. On one side was a large stone door - it appeared that the door moved up and down instead of the normal left and right or in and out like in Joe's home universe. As he attempted to get up and walk around, he realized something - that his hands and feet were tied. The knot was unlike anything he had seen before and decided it might be better not to try to figure it out. He engaged in looking around the room again.
Joe, Earnest, and the two other people that he didn't know the names of were placed on a sort of table in the center of the room. The table itself was about ten feet wide and ten feet long - the table was elevated by about a foot from the ground. As Joe peeked under the table to see what might be holding them up, he saw several dead cats stacked up beneath to hold it up. How morbid. As he looked around the room again, he noticed a reason for those cats to be dead - it seemed that the floor was covered in some type of liquid. He took a rock that was sitting in the middle of the table and threw it in the liquid to try to get an idea of what the liquid was. It created a huge splash and the rock settled at the bottom, the noise from the splash waking up the other three. The little ripples from the splash almost broke over the edge of the table.
Earnest sat up quickly as if he had a horrible dream. "What was that?"
"I was trying to see what the liquid might be. I thought that throwing the rock might give me an idea."
Earnest sighed. "You realize that the aboriginals like to test people they find by giving them puzzles? We probably need that rock for something. Try to wake us up before you do something like that again."
"Sorry."
The four of them sat there, hands and feet tied, with no idea of what to do. Joe broke the silence. "So... What now?"
---
The four of them peered over the edge of the table. "So, what do you think - Water?"
"I would think they would be a little meaner."
"Yeah... The rock was shaped like a cube, just high enough so that you could step on it without getting wet, or getting covered in - whatever it is."
Joe laid down on the table. This whole day was getting to him. It was such an odd day, though, he reasoned, it couldn't get any odder. Right? Now he had puzzles to solve. "Maybe we could just jump across. It isn't that far, after all."
"Too risky. The ledge for the door is at least two feet above the water itself. Besides," Earnest motioned to the bonds that tied their wrists and ankles.
Joe sat up and looked at the door. The stench from the cats' bodies was quite overwhelming. He realized that he could see, but where did the light come from? He looked up. It seemed that the very top brick, about half a foot in width, length, and height, was removed, and a bright light filtered in. He looked at the door again. There were two torches beside the door. Then he realized something. He paused. There was music playing.
---
Jill awoke from her deep sleep, sore and in discord. Passing out is no easy deal, after all. Her hands and feet were tied. Looking around, she recognized the room as sort of shaped like the structures built throughout the forest. A sudden realization came over her - how long has she slept? It must've been at least through the night by now. Ignoring the bonds that held her and the water she tread through, she hopped over to the door and banged on the door. "Hey! Hey! Is anyone there? I forgot to take my pills this morning!"
jeol
jeol
3,843 posts

Time for installation 3, and I promise there will be spaces this time...

Installation 3 of 25:

Joe sighed. The bonds weren't exactly comfortable, and it didn't help that there was a puzzle to solve. It wouldn't have been such a pain if there was the problem that the liquid that separated them from the door might be acid. It could also just be water. There was no way for them to know. His headache didn't seem to get any better - the stench from the dead cats was maddening. If only he could take one breathe of fresh air, or a drink of water...

Earnest thought through their options. The obvious matter would be to just try to get to the door - without the cube, they were helpless. Just sitting there wouldn't solve the puzzle that so plagued their minds. A sudden realization came over him.

"Joe, how thick was the liquid when you threw the rock into the water?"

"Well, it seemed of the same consistency of water... You can never be sure, though."

"Never mind that. Does one of you want to test the water in case it is insanely deadly and will kill you once you touch it?" He motioned to the two nameless men sitting in the corners. They glared at him. Earnest paused. "Right, then. I guess it's up to me then. There's not really any point in sitting still anyways."

"Wait, no -!" Joe screamed as Earnest slow-motion moved to the water. Everyone squirmed as the intensity grew. The tip of Earnest's shoe touched the water. Nothing. He slowly let himself settle into the water. Still nothing.

"Alright, then. I'll fetch the brick in case we need it to get up." Earnest went over to the corner where the rock had settled after Joe tossed it, and picked it up. He set it beneath the ledge in front of the door and slowly everyone made their way onto the ledge, squirming and moving back and forth to try to get themselves fully onto the ledge. Joe noticed a knife set on a small table that was hidden in a corner. He motioned to it for Earnest to see. Earnest slowly hopped over to the table and tried to pick it up, cutting himself in the process.

"Are you alright?" Joe asked.

"I'll be fine," Earnest sullenly replied. He worked at his own bonds, working hard to cut them off. Eventually he had his own off, as well as everyone elseâs.

"Now, how are we supposed to get this door open?" Joe asked curiously. Earnest rolled his eyes and grabbed onto a small divot in the door, pulling toward the ground. Both the halves disappeared into the floor and ceiling, and the four of them continued on.

---

Jill woke up. As the drowsiness began to wear off, she realized two things. One, that she was no longer in that strange world where oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are set on top of pedestals on structures randomly placed throughout the forest. For that, she was thankful. It wasn't that she didn't like that type of cookie, but one can only take so many weird things in one day. The second thing she realized was that she didn't wake up at home. It was night out. That she could tell because there was an open sky over her head. The weird part was that everything was in black and white. The other weird part was that the entire world, it seemed, was covered in carpet. There were no patterns in it, either - just bland gray carpet. She noticed the gray carpet mountains in the distance. At this point, she was getting quite tired of waking up. In the past day - or however long it was - she had woken up three times, but only fell asleep once, and that was thanks to a sleeping pill.

After a minute of taking in the carpeted landscape and her new surroundings, she realized that there was an alarm clock next to the bed she was lying on. And that alarm clock was going off - it seemed that it had woken her up. Now, if she had really woken up a minute ago, that meant that the alarm was set to go off at a prime number. She also noticed that it was 3:20 PM. She paused. In the afternoon? She rubbed her eyes, pinched herself, anything to tell her that it was a dream. Why wasn't the sun up? The sun should always be up at three in the afternoon (by her reasoning). She then realized that the alarm was still going off and silenced the annoying noise. There was a cookie next to the alarm clock on the table. It was a bran cookie. Jill looked at it in disgust and decided she should probably be going somewhere. She then departed to the Carpet Mountains in the distance in search of the sun that brought the day. She was really itching for a coffee at that moment.

---

"Do you guys want a penny?" Joe almost jumped with fright when he heard the voice. As he turned around, he beheld at least a thousand that he could see, all hunched over and holding a penny in their hands. Suddenly the room was in uproar as every single person in that room except for the four popped the same exact question. In reality, that room was infinitely long - Scores upon scores upon septillions of hunch-backed people holding a penny, and asking them if they wanted that penny.

Joe, Earnest, and the two unmentionables wrestled through the packed crowd in search of their goal - at that point, it seemed they had none. The only clue they had was that they might need some pennies, and possibly, an infinite amount. They desperately searched around the room for an answer. Finally, one of the unnamed men raised a hand and attempted to yell over the roar, "Look!" Suddenly all was quiet. Everyone's eyes were on the unnamed person, and up to that point, speechless. Not anymore, it seemed.

"Well, it looks like we'll have to build some kind of penny staircase to get up to that door. Okay! Order in the room! Everyone that has a penny lend a hand." The formerly speechless man took immediate action. He offered his hand to Joe. "My name's Jerry, by the way." Joe shook his hand. "Yeah, I know, I know, a horrible name. That's my only bad quality, though." Jerry seemed to hold a very high self-esteem. "No, no, go ahead, you can clap if you want." Suddenly, the room burst out in applause as an infinite amount of people started cheering, clapping and being as loud as they could be. Unfortunately, that room was not well protected in terms of echo and soon the number of decibels of sound climbed into the multiples of hundreds.

"IT'S LOUD IN HERE." Joe's point seemed to be rather redundant.

"WHAT? DID YOU SAY SOMETHING?" Earnest's ears were as abused as the rest of theirs were. Fortunately Jerry had earplugs.

"I'm used to these sorts of situations. I do have a very large fan base, after all." Jerry handed out earplugs to the other three. Now, any normal set of earplugs wouldn't help in situations like these, as you may be aware, any high decibel range will immediately kill your ears. Jerry forgot this, of course, since he was already wearing a pair before the eruption occurred. One of the things the earplugs solve, though, is the healing of your eardrums. The moment you put them in, your earplugs are automatically healed. Also, there was a radio signal between the earplugs, meaning the four of them could talk without problem. The only problem was that Jerry had forgotten to tune down the earplugs before handing to them, so the earplugs were practically useless anyways. Earnest took the responsibility of checking to see if they worked.

"Hey. Is this thing on?" Thankfully, the earplugs automatically heal your eardrums, so that wasn't a problem, though the loud voice in your head definitely was. They weren't able to comprehend a single word he said. "Oops, haha. Guess I should dial them down a bit." Joe rolled his eyes.

"WILL YOU PLEASE GROW UP?!?" The sudden outburst of Joe's was enough to break all of their earplugs (except for Jerry's, of course), so not only were their ears still broken, they had a huge wad of earplug wedged into their ears. There was no chance for them to hear again. And the bridge was nowhere near completion - all the infinite of hunch-backs were still cheering and clapping.

They had a problem.

---

Jill's feet itched. It tickled her feet to walk barefoot on a never-ending carpet. It sort of seemed plush at first, but then she realized that it hurt her feet by being altogether too comfortable. She sat down to take a rest. That was another thing she noticed - she was in her pajamas instead of the jeans, t-shirt, and sneakers she was wearing earlier.

The mountains were obviously much closer, though the only way to tell was by looking at the solid gray shapes against the pitch black sky. Somehow light was making it's way into the world - though it was bland and black-and-white, it still was letting off some light, however weak. Jill got up to continue once again.

After at least an hour of treading on the carpet toward the gray mountains, Jill tripped over a piece of carpet that was sticking up - because the carpet was all the same color, it was impossible to tell any definite shapes. Jill began to realize how soft and cozy the carpet was, and began to fall asleep. At the last possible moment of being awake, she pulled away. "No, no, no, no, no... I'm not going to fall asleep again, you nasty devil." She laughed. She felt absolutely crazy. There was no way she wouldn't go crazy. She realized how crazy was and began to reason that maybe some sleep would help. She ignored that thought, gathered herself, and continued on to the mountains.

---

Joe sighed. There was no way they were going to get through this room, from the sheer amount of people and the irresponsibility. There was not much to do other than stand there and try to pick out the earplugs. He decided to look around the room.

There was not really much to see other than the ceiling, the wall of the door they had come through, and then the two walls that disappeared into infinity. It was hard to see very far as Joe was just below average height, and these hunchbacks were not little kids. As he looked closer at the door that was suspended above the infinitely large crowd on the right wall, he noticed that there was a ladder leading up to the door. If Jerry wasn't such a jerk, maybe he would've noticed it sooner. Joe told himself to calm down a little.

He motioned to Earnest and the other unmentionable to come with, but Jerry was too focused on his infinite fan base to notice that they had left. Soon Joe, Earnest, and the other guy had wrestled through the crowd to the ladder, and soon they all made their way to the top and through the door, leaving Jerry with his hunchback fans.

---

Jill was extremely happy. She was so happy, in fact, she almost couldn't walk - her grin was so wide it dragged on the ground behind her. She didn't know why she was so smiley-like, as her thoughts put it - perhaps it was simply her craziness getting the best of her. She didn't care much at all, though, because she was happy, the happiest person in the world, at least, in that world. There weren't any people that she saw, so she didn't really know if she was actually the happiest person in the world. However, it seemed that no matter how happy she was, and that she was still the happiest person in the world, drudging her grin along is hard work, especially when it hangs so low. She couldn't stop smiling, though - she was extremely happy.

A fly - the only fly in the world it seemed - sought the opportunity to be able to bug someone. 'Finally!' it said to itself, 'something to do around here.' (Translated into English from Fly, for your convenience.) Opportunity doesn't last very long when it straight up swallows you. Jill's giant grin turned into the face of disgust. Apparently flies don't die when you swallow them - at least not in that world. The fly felt it necessary to fly around in her stomach, which was both revolting to her and ticklish. There's not much for you to do at that point, other than hope that the fly dies a nasty death. Jill sincerely hoped that a nasty death would not be messy - her stomach would not be pleased.

Finally Jill reached the base of the mountain. Sadly, she wasn't able to see the slope, so she tripped once again as she began to ascend the mountain. She, once again, picked herself back up and carried on.

Alexistigerspice
Alexistigerspice
1,498 posts

Wow, Jeol! You have serious talent as a writer! Your story is riveting....

jeol
jeol
3,843 posts

Wow, Jeol! You have serious talent as a writer! Your story is riveting....

Thanks!
Finally Jill reached the base of the mountain. Sadly, she wasn't able to see the slope, so she tripped once again as she began to ascend the mountain. She, once again, picked herself back up and carried on.

Hmeh, my repetition shining through again... Try this again?
Finally Jill reached the base of the mountain. Sadly, she wasn't able to see the slope, so she tripped as she began to ascend the mountain. She, once again, picked herself back up and carried on.

as well as everyone else�s.

How did that little guy slip in there? >.> I thought writing it in Notepad might solve it. I paste it in Word, then fix any mistakes it points out, but I mostly do that for word count. I didn't know it would stab me in the back...
jeol
jeol
3,843 posts

Ugh... I'm bad at keeping this up :/

If it's not that obvious, I dropped the NaNoWriMo. It was a little bit obvious I would not make the deadline, as I had about ten days left and was writing about 2,000 words a day, which wasn't going to cut the challenge (about 26,000 out of 50,000). I may continue the story at a later date just for fun, though.

I'm also at a poetry low at the moment. I'll give you something anyways because I hate posting in here without actually changing anything or whatever. My entry for the Haiku Contest, 'The Battle Begins'.

Came in formation,
Prepared for war, all crying -
"We are the elite!"

jeol
jeol
3,843 posts

This is story. I am just writing as I feel like it.

--

*cough* Ahem *cough*.

The kitchen was filled with delicious smells - specifically, pumpkin spices. Tony opened the oven door and took the pumpkin pie out of the oven. A whiff of pickle suddenly pierced through the delicious smells. Tony turned around.

"Hi, I'm Terrence. Nice to meet you."

"Yo. Welcome to my house." A sudden realization swept over Tony. "Hey! What are you doing in my house?"

"I'm just taking your pie. It is now a federal law that any pumpkin pie belongs to the president now." Terrence motioned to Tony for the pie.

Tony handed the pie over to Terrence. "Really?"

"No. I'm just a ninja." With that said, Terrence made a tiny explosion, and he was gone, nowhere to be seen.

Tony picked up the phone and dialed 9-1-1. "Hey, I'd like to report a pie theft."

--

"Tell me what happened." The policeman glared at Tony through his dark sunglasses.

"Uh, well, there was a man - he called himself Terrence - he said that he needed to take my pumpkin pie because it was a federal law to hand all pumpkin pies over to the president. I asked him if that was true, and he just said, no, that he was a ninja. Then he disappeared."

"Mm. I see. Well, ninjas do seem to be very attracted to pumpkin pies - I suppose it's just another theft. Good day."

"Wait, that's all?"

The policeman looked around. "Yes, for now. Good bye." The policeman left Tony's apartment.

Tony sighed. He started to nod his head... And... Then closed his eyes...

--

Tony jerked his eyes open. He stood up from the chair. The oven was on. The kitchen was filled with delicious smells of pumpkin pie. Tony walked over to the oven, opened the door, and took out the pie...

Yeah. It's one of those stories.

jeol
jeol
3,843 posts

I was thirsty. I made hot chocolate. I realized after a minute I had not taken a picture in a while. Snap. That's my beast of a cow mug.

Nurvana
Nurvana
2,538 posts

Such as the dairy leaves the cow, thus it fatefully returneth.

jeol
jeol
3,843 posts

WOAH. Weirdest thing happened. I got ideas for poems to write. That almost never happens... But the awesome part about it is that I toy with planned deal-by-deal rather than free-writing I think I did that once before, excluding contests or the Haiku land or haiku in general. It was actually for the 50-themes contest... Where did that thread go? :/ Humm.

Honestly, I don't know why I am posting... I guess I'm just trying to keep in mind what the topics are. I'm not actually going to mention, it's not like I have to when writing a memory post. It's like the throwing the pillow across the room to remember something when you wake up - just the fact that the pillow is out of place will help you remember what you wanted. Just an interesting fact.

... Crap. Now I forget what the topics were... Backfired D:

Such as the dairy leaves the cow, thus it fatefully returneth.

So poetic... :'
Maverick4
Maverick4
6,815 posts

It was actually for the 50-themes contest... Where did that thread go? :/ Humm.

No body posted in it for six or seven weeks this summer, so it was unstickied. I posted up a count of everybody who had posted in it, and you could count on one hand everyone who had more than 10 poems in it. Most submitted once, and that was it.
jeol
jeol
3,843 posts

No body posted in it for six or seven weeks this summer, so it was unstickied. I posted up a count of everybody who had posted in it, and you could count on one hand everyone who had more than 10 poems in it. Most submitted once, and that was it.

Ah.

As I keep trying to remember what one of my topics are, I guess I shall begin on the rest. They should be pretty easy to remember, especially since I did a paper on them recently.

Seasons. Part 1 of 4. Winter.

... Sorry. Just trying to do a bit of planning here... Let's see, where to start? I'm just trying to think of a few formats. I'm thinking of doing a sonnet at some point in this little four-piece, but I've never done one before... Ah well, it's nice to try.

A nonet sounds good to start.

Winter - a nonet.

A frozen land blew across the land;
Snow blanketed the barren ground.
Ice covered the sea surround.
Bundling up in layers,
Offering prayers,
The scared people wished
Well-being;
Thriving,
Still.

I will write the other three... Soon.
jeol
jeol
3,843 posts

The scared people wished

Humm, that's five, isn't it? :/ Easy fix. Also a few slapface errors in there...

Winter - a nonet.

A frozen wind blew across the land;
Snow blanketed the barren ground.
Ice covered the sea surround.
Bundling up in layers,
Offering prayers,
The people wished
Well-being;
Thriving,
Still.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to explain this. This was based on 'The Great Frost' in England in 1683. The sea froze up to two miles around the coast of the southern North Sea. Intense winter? Most likely.
jeol
jeol
3,843 posts

I have found myself addicted to Tumblr. Gah. I love it :3

Anyways. I am here.

I'm not sure why I linked to it since I have not posted anything new much on there. Oh yeah, I should get working on that sonnet... I'll post it when I'm done.

jeol
jeol
3,843 posts

I dedicated myself to finish it... Finally. I'm not sure if the last line counts, though - it doesn't quite strictly rhyme...

Spring - a sonnet.

The air was e'er cold, warmth unfree;
From the sky a frozen wind blew.
Yet I knew that soon would be
When the final frost would accrue.
Life was springing anew even as I walked;
The frozen ground began to melt.
Plants and animals around me stalked,
And warmth and life again dwelt.
Flowers and green foliage sprung forth;
Animals of all kinds from winter sleep awoke.
Ended was the cold reign from the North,
I knew, as green grass beneath me kindly stroked
My bare feet - I, free from the grip of Winter,
Was settled in the soft arms of Spring, limber.

Showing 166-180 of 209