ForumsThe Tavern[Necro] Boxers vs Tight Underwear

113 53077
sambam
sambam
452 posts
Nomad

I personally where boxers; They are way more comfortable and allow your sperm count to increase. Tight underwear like tighty-whities really hurt and constrict my legs.

• 113 Replies
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

allow your sperm count to increase

That's nice...

I wear boxers because at one point those were the only underwear i could find and then i just stuck with them. I can't remember how others felt because it was to long ago.
TackyCrazyTNT
TackyCrazyTNT
1,936 posts
Peasant

I personally cannot answer this question, but I guess it's nice to know the percentage...?

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

I used to wear boxers until I realised a few things:

1) If you walk in boxers you will give yourself a wedgie after half a minute.

2) If you run in boxers things can get caught in bad places.

3) Doing strenuous exercise in boxers will reduce leg movement as the boxers themselves get sweaty.

4) Boxers are like wearing shorts, so what's the point if you're already wearing shorts.

There seems to be this unspoken rule where if you don't wear boxers your masculinity is questionable, and most reasons guys give for wearing boxers is really just various forms of disguise for this. If you think boxers are more comfortable, either you're a couch potato, or you're lying to yourself. Well, let's be honest, having an appendage swinging around unsecured is not the safest thing for an active person. For this reason I never wear boxers except when going to bed (in Summer). I also never wear boxer-briefs, because they don't provide the right kind of support either. Good support requires geometrically fixed points, which can only be provided with tight underwear.

True story: wearing a cup while paintballing is a must for guys. The only way to reduce the amount of cup-slippage and mysteriously finding one's cup halfway down the leg of their pants in the middle of heated battle is to wear a jockstrap, which was expressly designed for that purpose. I like keeping my cup where it's supposed to be when I have other things to be worrying about, like getting shot.

They are way more comfortable and allow your sperm count to increase.

Relatively speaking a myth. Sperm count will maybe decrease slightly if you wear underpants so tight that your testicles are permanently held in a retracted position, otherwise it's not a noticeable factor.

I personally cannot answer this question, but I guess it's nice to know the percentage...?

Some girls wear boxers too.
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,270 posts
Nomad

2) If you run in boxers things can get caught in bad places.

3) Doing strenuous exercise in boxers will reduce leg movement as the boxers themselves get sweaty.

4) Boxers are like wearing shorts, so what's the point if you're already wearing shorts.

Yeah, actually that gets annoying for me, especially with tighter boxers.

So wear the greatest invention that has ever come to underwear: Boxer Briefs! Part boxer, part brief

Takes some getting used to, though.
Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

So wear the greatest invention that has ever come to underwear: Boxer Briefs! Part boxer, part brief

I already criticised those faux-manly pantaloons in my first post :P

I used to think they were a viable alternative, until I started sweating in them.

D:
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,270 posts
Nomad

I already criticised those faux-manly pantaloons in my first post :P

Oh, wow. I must've skipped over that part.

I have all three types of underwear in my collection. I don't really have a preference for any of them.
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,351 posts
Bard

If your boxers are too big, then yes, they will ride up and give you a wedgie.

And if you sit the wrong way while wearing them, you get a man wedgie.

Well, let's be honest, having an appendage swinging around unsecured is not the safest thing for an active person.

That's actually one reason I don't like briefs. Everything is so....close. Things curl up, and that sometimes leads to straightening at weird angles, which can be very uncomfortable.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Relatively speaking a myth. Sperm count will maybe decrease slightly if you wear underpants so tight that your testicles are permanently held in a retracted position, otherwise it's not a noticeable factor.

Trust Strop, he's a doctor.

Aside from that everything in Strops post has not applied to me which makes me think he has a clingy butt and sweats more than i do.

The most popular type i have seen seems to be boxers or boxer briefs. This might be because no one enjoys looking at some one briefs...
Kevin4762
Kevin4762
2,421 posts
Nomad

Well, I stopped wearing tighty whities after mah balls dropped, and I noticed that my package was getting squished. I used to get wedgies and after six years of wearing boxers, I'm never going back.

Strop, I have to disagree with you. With my Fruit of the Loom boxers, I have never experienced any of the things you mentioned.

iMogwai
iMogwai
2,030 posts
Peasant

The people who prefer tight underwear are usually the kind of people you might find walking around on the beach in a speedo. Unfortunately, they're also usually the kind of people you'd least want to see wearing a speedo.

Joe96
Joe96
2,233 posts
Peasant

I wore briefs for a while, but then I switched to boxers in middle school. For one, it would be a little awkward to change in gym wearing tidy whities and they tend to make you sweaty...
Anyways, I do agree that boxers can give you wedgies (It's almost impossible to get a "real" wedgie in briefs even if you tried) but overall, they're better.

Squidbears
Squidbears
626 posts
Nomad

I havent worn tight underwear since i was in like 2nd grade... so i dont know if i prefer them over boxers or boxer-briefs. I have both boxers and boxer-briefs and i wear the briefs most of the time. I have some room and i am supported. the boxers are nice when i'm lounging around my house on weekends.. but i hate walking up stairs or running in boxers... wedgies are not comfortable at all

dair5
dair5
3,379 posts
Shepherd

I wear boxer-briefs. All the coverage of boxers with the security of briefs.

AvengedSevenfold11
AvengedSevenfold11
529 posts
Nomad

Boxers! they have cool colours to!

Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

allow your sperm count to increase.

Good for... you? Too much info.
I wear boxers because they're more colorful and give room.
Showing 1-15 of 113