ForumsNews and Feedback[dup,already planned] build a 'showcase' (was: Art Idea)

5 2563
Razerules
Razerules
4,049 posts
Nomad

On the New AG3 I was thinking about something that is pretty cool to me.This is my Idea:

Art:On Armor Games there should be a special Drawing Game which gives you some neat features.It shouldent be Complicated.Maybe Just a clear Image,Undo and Share.There should also be some Colors but you could also create your own colors.

The Objective:

The Objective of this is to create your own pictures and then share them.They would be Placed in A special Place called "Art Section".There would be more pictures.Then once enough Pictures are placed Moderators or Admins(Possibly People with High Ranking)could Vote the Main Vote.If the vote is bad your Picture will be Bad,Duh.
But if your picture is good it will be placed in another Special Place called "Art Winners".On the Art Winner Place should be the top 5 pictures.If your Picture is in the top 3 you will get a special suprise.You will be able to choose that Picture as Your Armatar.

Pros:

-Would Be fun seeing Others drawing skills
-Getting your own Armater
-The Competition
-Trying to be the best

Cons:

-Possibly too much people would be drawing and sharing pictures
-Admins,Moderators and High Ranked Users wouldent have the time to see all the pictures
-Maybe Impossible to create this on Armor Games

Other:

-High Ranked Players could also be able to vote the Main Vote(Kings and Queens).

-Armatar Picture would Go away in a Month(This way the Original Armatars wont be lost).

-Must be Registered User on Armor Games to Share Pictures but Other players can still draw in it.

By my Caculation there are more Pros then Cons so this should be a cool idea.

Also Admins or Moderators would Probably Say "Put this on GetSatisfaction"(Not Teasing).I tried that before but for some wierd thing nobody sees it........

Please Support!

• 5 Replies
thaboss
thaboss
1,649 posts
Nomad

this is cool. that's all i can say. you answered and explained everything. it's a good idea. i think there was competitions for seasonal armatars before, but i'm not sure. good idea though!!!

Ghgt99
Ghgt99
1,894 posts
Nomad

They would be Placed in A special Place called "Art Section"

We have a forum for that. It is called Art,Music and Writing. Or AMW.
Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

So... Kind of like DeviantART? But with AG?

Razerules
Razerules
4,049 posts
Nomad

Ghgt99 I know we have that but this place would look like this:

-All Over the place Pictures that go down the screen.

So In 1 row there would be maybe 4 mini sized pictures.When you click the picture it would be bigger.Its like Newgrounds.When you click on a video or something you will see comments,the rating,the picture and that.But it would also be divided into other special parts.

There are:

-Newest Pictures
-Winner Pictures
-Leading Pictures

The Newest pictures would be the fresh created pictures.
The winner pictures would be the pictures that won on the last competition.
While the leading Pictures are pictures that have the highest rate at the moment.

So... Kind of like DeviantART? But with AG?

Actually It would be Like Paint.Just with a few less Options so it doesnt get too complicated and so it doesnt look like a total ripoff of the original Paint.
This Version of Drawing would have:

-Less Options then other Painting Applications
-Much More less complicated then other Painting Applications

So there is one Con and One Pro to this kind of Drawing Application.

ThaBoss:

Thanks for liking the Idea!!!!
Kudos For you
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We have already discussed the idea of a "showcase" area of the site where you can post links to your artwork, game ideas, concept art, music, etc., for others to review and leave feedback. This may not be available at launch of AG3, but it is on the books for something we want to develop at some point.

We will not, however, host your material on our servers because of copyright issues. You can host your work elsewhere and link it in the "showcase" area, much like you can do in the Art & Writing forum now.

Showing 1-5 of 5