ForumsGame Walkthroughs[Guide] Modifying Crush The Castle 2: PP castle codes.

105 98381
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

If you have been creating lots of custom castles like me and are running out of ideas check this out.

Joey Betz, the Creator of the Crush The Castle series has allowed us to play with the code.

This guide is for Crush The Castle 2 Players Pack. Note that most of the features are similar to the ones featured in Crush The Castle 2.

In the Castle Builder, there is a the tool box (Left of the editor) that comprise 3 main menus: Edit Castle, Edit Terrain, and Edit environment. At the bottom, you find an other box with 9 menus which are New, Save, Load, Share, Zoom, Help, Settle, Play, and Back.

01 - Left Tool Bar:

Menu 1 - Edit Castle:

Sub Menu 1 - Create/Select Tool:

This is where you will find all the material needed (beams, doors, arches, people,etc.).

Sub Menu 2 - Transform Tool:

Here you can change the width, length, and type of material as well as align the pieces.

Menu 2 - Edit Terrain:

Sub Menu 1 - Transform Terrain:

This is where you can Raise, Lower, Flatten, Smooth the terrain.

Sub menu 2 - Place Foundation:

Here you can choose between three kinds of foundations: Standard, Frozen and Volcanic.

These blocks will allow you to create fixed structures (that won't fall) to support your material.
You can also create nice rock formations or mountains to enhance your masterpiece.

02 - Bottom Bar:

1- New: Open an empty window so you can start creating.
2- Save: Here you can Save and Export your Castle.

Export: This allows you to Copy the code for the castle you have just created and Export it into a text editor in order to modify it.

3- Load: Here you can load a saved castle or Load a modified code from a text editor.
4- Share: This is where you can submit your creation to the People's Empire so that other players can destroy it.

After you submitted your castle, a new window will open with the option to share the link with your friends on Facebook, or Twitter. There is also an option to Copy link to Clipboard (this allow you to copy and paste your link to a forum such as http://armorgames.com/community/thread/5772085/crush-the-castle-2-custom-castles/page/1) where you can discuss, write a story, or simply share it with other Enthusiastic Castle Crushers.

5- ZOOM: Here you can increase or decrease the size of the window for when you need to place an object with precision.

6- Help: A tutorial.

7- Settle: This is an important feature that allow you to test the stability of your structure. You can zoom and play with your creation, and if you are happy with the results, click on save positions and then go back to get out of the Settle mode.

8- Play: Test your creation for stability and to decide which ammunition will work best to crush it.
9- Back: Leave the editor (Castle Builder) and go back to the menu.

In the Next topic we will discuss how to Hack the Code.

• 105 Replies
valboss84
valboss84
1,529 posts
Farmer

You should thank Tris, it's him wich gave me the trick.

timestables
timestables
1,286 posts
Nomad

Acid does not work when it hits anything from about 6 pixels above the top of the screen. You still get the sound of it hitting but nothing happens. There is a bug.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I posted this message to make the thread go up so newbies can see it.

timestables
timestables
1,286 posts
Nomad

Headstones (code ph) don't transmit acid.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Headstones (code ph) don't transmit acid.

All you have to do is make a row of them on top of a structure and foundation blocks around and it's impossible to destroy the building.
Tooru
Tooru
238 posts
Nomad

Edited by Reton8 to add code tag so castle code shows properly. Note added for moved code.
This is a secret that I found about making the screen pitch-black. The trebuchet will work and here is the code:

[Castle code displayed at bottom of post.]

I tryed this and the game crashed...why?

{"r":["rw","rwc","rs","rsc","ri","ric","rb","rbc","rfb","rpb","rrb","rf","rl","rr","ra","rp","rc","rsl"],"n":"","t":[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0],"o":-1,"p":"","c":[],"l":["wc","wc","wc","wc","wc"]}
Trismegistus23
Trismegistus23
271 posts
Nomad

I'm not an expert on changing the background like some of the guys, but I can say that changing background code can crash the game.
Even if you want to just change the foreground to water (like SSTG often does) you have to do it last. If you change pieces or 'settle' after that the game crashes, showing only sky.
Luckily more basic code changes, like making the pieces as big or small as you want, don't cause any glitches to the game.

Tooru
Tooru
238 posts
Nomad

I'd really like to know how to modify the landscape
There are many different landscapes with amazing castles
I'd like to also try

Trismegistus23
Trismegistus23
271 posts
Nomad

My advice is to open a microsoft Word document. Then, in the castle builder, put just one piece and save the code to the document. Then you can look at and study the code.
Basically you need to understand the code, then you can change many things like backgrounds and piece sizes.
Now, look at the third post by SSTG on the first page of this thread. Here he shows which part of the code is for landscape.
If, for example, you take the code of the ocean background and put it in the terrain you get a water floor.
That's all I remember really - I haven't coded with landscape much. Someone like timestables or SSTG is more an expert at that.

Trismegistus23
Trismegistus23
271 posts
Nomad

P.S.

Probably the best advice anyone can give about the code is: SAVE YOUR CODES!

I hope you are saving the codes for your levels, it would be a shame to lose them.
Saving the codes to your castles is the only way to be sure you will not lose them. The levels you save to the game builder will probably be erased sooner or later due to glitches. If you haven't saved your codes and links you will LOSE EVERYTHING!

Just making sure : )

Tooru
Tooru
238 posts
Nomad

Oh, I learned that and I'm saving all the codes =D
Thanks

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Yes, Armor Games often lose our castles. I have two big document with 90% of my creations. I also have a copy on my 2nd computer and external hard drive. And I save pictures as well.

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

whats the code to modify the terrain and foreground to ocean?

You need to experiment with it to know the right letters
In this one for example http://armor.ag/1T3VB i used
["bt","mt","bt","wc","ie"]} where bt is the water and mt are the palmtrees. It creates a lagoon effect. Remember to change it at the end because It will freeze the game. Also make sure to save a copy somewhere in case you mess up.
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

how do i make part of the screen pitch black?

Try using the same letters like ["bt","bt","bt","bt","bt"] or
["ie","ie","ie","ie","ie"].
SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

Nobody has found anything new to add to the thread?

Showing 46-60 of 105