Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

more than a sticky

Posted May 8, '08 at 3:12pm

royandgrand

royandgrand

254 posts

theres a bunch of people who don't read the read here before posting sticky maybe we can make it for the people who just visited the forums the 1st time it will pop up maybe they will read it then but only the 1st time they come to the forums

Posted May 8, '08 at 3:26pm

Calm

Calm

981 posts

Knight

I think they wouldn't even read it and would just discard it.
Most users are discouraged by long posts.

Posted May 8, '08 at 3:28pm

Carlie

Carlie

7,222 posts

Knight

Plus, some people like to go back and reference the topic later.

Posted May 8, '08 at 3:35pm

crazynaitor

crazynaitor

2,959 posts

Hmm well some people would not read and just continue but I of course read stickies.

Posted May 8, '08 at 3:37pm

Carlie

Carlie

7,222 posts

Knight

I just think they are a helpful tool for people who want them. they are there to help, people can ignore them or not. But they don't hurt anything, so why change it?

Posted May 11, '08 at 6:26pm

royandgrand

royandgrand

254 posts

well maybe you can check it so it makes it so it will pop up you no in control panel or maybe when it pops up check it off so it wont pop up again.

Posted May 11, '08 at 11:59pm

DragonMistress

DragonMistress

1,141 posts

Knight

I think that anyone with some common sense and knowledge about forums will read the stickies. Those who are too ignorant or lazy to read them won't and will be reprimanded for it at some point in the future. I like to have them up there because they are changed on occasion, and I like to read through them occasionally to keep myself in the know.

Posted May 12, '08 at 3:10pm

turret

turret

1,687 posts

some of the people are way to lazy to read these stickys cause they just don't want to give there time to reading some long post. To be honest when i came into the community and saw the stickys i didn't read them cause i didn't think i had to so that may be a reason some people don't read them (and for those new comers to AG they don't even now what the are to begin with) And i think that the stickys should be on the main page so everyone can read it instead of passing it over, or at least before you click on something in the community.

Reply to more than a sticky

You must be logged in to post a reply!