ForumsSupport ForumRefferals(clarification)

19 4091
snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

okay, so I can link people to my page on Armor Games, or use the "Link to us" link to link people to the site? And can I post the link anywhere? Are there any restrictions on where I can post the link? And if someone clicks on the link, and signs up for an account then I get points?

Thanks

~Snowman1474

• 19 Replies
XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Okay, first of all, i don't think it is the "Link to us" that you click. Go to Control Panel, and there is something that says referral link. You give THAT link to a friend and if they make an account, you get a referral and 10ap.

Salmanius
Salmanius
277 posts
Peasant

O cool. I was wondering that too. Thanks XCoheedX.

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Oh, and just to clarify even more, the "Link to Us" is the same code as your Refferal code, so you can use either one. Also to answer snowman's question about where you can post it, you can basically just post it anywhere besides this site. Not that it's not allowed, but you wouldn't be doing anything because all of us here already have an account!

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

Thanks XCoheedX and nick_coolhaha that cleared it up a lot. I guess this topic is over.

Thanks again

~Snowman1474

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

sorry for double posting.... I can't find the referral link that I can post on my profile anywhere. Anyone tell me where it is or just post it? thanks

~Snowman1474

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Okay, just to be perfectly clear, because I've been seeing a heck of a lot of "referral" links by spamming hopefuls on the site here:

Anyone who has an account with AG already does not affect a user's referral count when they click on their referral link.

Is that right?

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

I think that that is correct. You only recieve a referral when a friend or someone clicks on your link and creates a new account. And this is NOT spam. I'm trying to clarify some things about referrals.

Anyone find the referral link yet? I really can't find it...

~Snowman1474

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

Okay, Click on Control Panel. Look at where you post your information and stuff like that. It is at the top of the list

Avrilicious
Avrilicious
525 posts
Peasant

Mrtim even if there logged out it will still go to the homepage and whatdo is when your logged you click on the link then when you clicked on the link click on register and they make an account you get a referral and 10AP

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

thanks guys so Avrilicious I'm betting you guys IP trace to make sure that it isn't one person that is just making accounts over and over again?

~Snowman1474

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

You have to make sure that you are using your specific referral link, or else you will not get the points for it.

And yes, referrals are checked by IP. People have made multiple accounts themselves before, and we watch for that kind of stuff.

snowman1474
snowman1474
225 posts
Peasant

good Thanks, I found it lol.... I never noticed it before.

Thanks guys

~Snowman1474

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Sure, just want to make sure you get your points! I have had many people message me before complaining that they didn't get their referral points... and I had to point out it was because they did not use their personal link!

dementium12345
dementium12345
29 posts
Nomad

how the heck do u get refferals

XCoheedX
XCoheedX
924 posts
Scribe

^Dude, please read the posts on the previous page OR look at the help page!
[url]http://armorgames.com/page/help[/url]

Showing 1-15 of 19