ForumsNews and FeedbackGame Submitting for AG3

5 2588
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

I submitted a game, and as cormyn said a long time ago, no news is bad news. I got no news. Suggestion: ATLEAST email the person back! They spend weeks in total agony and suffering pressure. Email them telling what you liked, didn't like, improvments, etc.

• 5 Replies
Paarfam
Paarfam
1,558 posts
Nomad

After reading up on your profile I can easily say that I'm surprised that you are an aspiring game creator.

acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

I'm editing my game to the max, should be pretty cool

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

They spend weeks in total agony and suffering pressure.

I would expect a game takes months but I'm still in the middle of mine. Do you have an artist or musician? Because the games only a third of what you need.

Email them telling what you liked, didn't like, improvments, etc.

Some games could be so bad that they don't deserve feedback because they are just a joke. They should tell you it wasn't accepted but feedback seem excessive.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

If your game isn't on the site then it's pretty obvious it hasn't been accepted. But keep in mind - they do have to test all the games that are submitted to the site, and it takes some time to do that.

If you haven't heard anything about your game in about two+ weeks then it's likely that they declined it.

The idea of E-mailing the Developer when their game isn't on the site is fine. Instead of them giving you feedback, you could submit the game to Kongregate then see what the users say about the game there. Kongregate accepts all games.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We've gotten THOUSANDS of game submissions over the years, Dan can't possibly reply to each one.

AG3 will have more clear instructions on what sorts of games we look for, what will disqualify your game, etc., which you can read before you even submit the game.

I do agree, though, that some sort of notice could be sent, which is something I'll talk to the team about. Unfortunately though, it'll probably just be a form letter saying "We're not accepting your game" but won't be able to include reasons why.

Showing 1-5 of 5