Forums

ForumsSupport Forum

Back Seat Moderating

Posted May 9, '08 at 7:34pm

Carlie

Carlie

6,915 posts

Knight

Yea... it was kind of funny at first with people joking about SPAM and what not, but now it has been over done to the point where writing about it being SPAM is SPAM. So if a topic is SPAM, please just let us know, or wait for us to get to it instead of writing "LOCK THIS" "THIS IS SPAM" on it. If I see those kind of comments in the future, they will be erased because they as well are SPAM.

Posted May 10, '08 at 9:43am

Calm

Calm

948 posts

Knight

Yeah, Carlie's right.
I insist upon this, because these kind of comments won't give you any points as I always delete them.

Posted May 10, '08 at 10:06am

oscynk

oscynk

730 posts

Well I understand what he is saying but those comments get deleted when you lock it right.(that is what you said) But you also said that it gets annoying when 20 people say the same thing in a row well it does especially if your the one whos started it.I nomally write:
"Well I think this is considered spam because (reason) so if a mod could please lock that would be great thanks. No further posts
If I was the first to write this most people do not listen I for one do when a person says no further posts I do n ot post.

Posted May 10, '08 at 10:09am

XCoheedX

XCoheedX

1,061 posts

So is it okay, to say it is spam, but still explain the details of why it is spam and give links? (if needed)

Posted May 10, '08 at 10:13am

oscynk

oscynk

730 posts

What do you mean coheed?

Posted May 10, '08 at 10:19am

XCoheedX

XCoheedX

1,061 posts

Well, say there is a spam topic, or a copy of another thread. Is it okay to say WHY it is spam or copied, and give them a link to the original (if coppied,) Instead of just saying, "SPAM mods PLEASE LOCK!!!" If I did the first one, is it still considered spam even if I explained why?

Posted May 10, '08 at 1:25pm

Calm

Calm

948 posts

Knight

Not if you did the first one, except if somebody before you already pointed out that the topic was spam. In fact, it's good when users post links to similar threads, because it allows us to lock the thread without having to say so.

Posted May 11, '08 at 4:50pm

biker589

biker589

23 posts

ya that is kind of retared that people are telling mods to lock threads

Reply to Back Seat Moderating

You must be logged in to post a reply!