ForumsGame WalkthroughsCastaway 2 tips and other things

11 31591
Steppdaddy
Steppdaddy
1 posts
Nomad

First off, I rarely post on any forums- that being said - Be Nice! :-)

I have played through on both regular and premium editions twice each so I have some solid lvling tips and character building tips.

Tip 1. Unless you're really bad with a keyboard, I would only recommend 7 or less points into defense, nothing really hits hard enough in this game to worry about stacking your health and with no penalty to death its almost pointless.

Tip 2. That being said, if you want to use magic, stack all magic. If you want to smash and slice things stack str/atk, if you want to do both- still stack str/atk with maybe 10-12 points into magic, thats all you will need.

Tip 3. For all of you Magic users, there are four important spells-
1. Miasma- this is the third tier poison spell, if you stack straight magic you will be able to gain a level nearly ever 1 to 2 minutes. To do that just enter a highly populated area and cast the spell and boom, tons of exp. If you are having trouble at first you may want to start on lower level areas for guaranteed kills. A cheap tactic to do this very fast is to enter the area cast, wait for kills, exit area refresh page, and then rinse and repeat. The spell has a two minute cooldown time so refreshing the games saves you roughly 1 minute 40 seconds a cast.

2. Thunder DOME! This third tier lighting talent hits a lot harder than Miasma, but it doesn't cover the entire area. It actually will only hit monsters relatively close to you. Regardless this is a great spell to cycle if you do not want to refresh the page after casting Miasma in the previous area. A good ability to pair this with is Boost or the second tier ability in the healing tree. When doing this, Boost, cast Thunder Dome and try to cover as much of the area as possible for full effect.

3. FIREBALL! This is your bread n' butter on boss fights and when taking it one monster at a time. It hits like a truck and it only has a 4 second cooldown, not to mention only costing 4 mp.

4. Finally, Lightning Strike! This is your single target nuke. It hits harder than anything else on single targets and is usually an instant kill its cooldown is about twice as long as fireball but it also stuns the target and sets it up for a kill, which is huge on boss fights when you need them to stay still so you can fireball 'em down. Needlessly to say, it's usually a one-hitter quitter.

For my Melee brother out there who just like to squish things and beat brains in, I have a simple rotation for you
1. Swing- always take advantage of a 100% stamina first strike
2. Thrust- Attacks the enemy with the force of 100 stamina
3. Shield Bash- your second strongest melee attack and also stuns the target longer than any move in the game- also can be a great opener
4. Swing- 80% and Higher, swing away
5. Spin- the bread and butter of melee. A very strong attack that hits the target multiple times with strong hits. Your melee nuke.

and if all else fails, Lightning bolt.

Item wise- Full Paladin Set, and then saint when you want to be a mage of destruction, with the Deadwood staff when obtainable

For Melee- Get the Nailbat and then the vindicator from the very go and then farm iron like its your job- when you get 5 Iron Globes you can combine it with a Wooden Sword (Can be bought at shop) to make the Razor Sword. Best melee weapon until the Morning Star which hits just as hard but is lighter. In terms of gear, you are going to want to mix and match Minotaur and Saint in order to get the best attack and 35+ magic for your Lightning Strike- Alot of paladin pieces are great early as well.

Hope these tips are helpful- I love this game!

PS. For you RPG players out there with IPhones, are there any apps with a similar play style to this game?

• 11 Replies
gunsharp
gunsharp
1 posts
Nomad

Thanks, very useful.

coccolobis
coccolobis
58 posts
Nomad

Great info.

Although I find it easier to just cheat.

JacobPetersen
JacobPetersen
2 posts
Nomad

I have something I would like to add to this:

Get the full Saint Armor for Spell Casters, and Minotaur for Melee Players.

As far as pets go, it's all dependant on playstyle I like the Level 27 Necromancer (Skeleton Head) I find that because I like to play as a "Mage" it's the best combo because it drops a poison field you can run enemies through.

I have heard that the top 2 weapons are: Razor Sword and Morning Star for melee players. However for Spellcasters I recommend grabbing the Deadwood Staff - Staff of the Magi until then.

As for shield, build up the items that make Blast Shield and use that until you can make the Beetle God's Shield.

As for my way of leveling fastest. I like to try and have: Miasma, Thunder Dome, and Boost all by Level 17. I generally at around level 14 grab fireball as indeed, it is the cookie cutter spell for casters.
My point order:
Level 1 - None (No points yet)
Level 2 - Tier 1 Lightning Ability
Level 3 - Tier 1 Poison Ability
Level 4 - Tier 1 Healing Ability
Level 5 - None
Level 6 - Tier 2 Poison Ability
Level 7 - None
Level 8 - None
Level 9 - Tier 3 Poison Ability
Level 10 - None
Level 11 - Tier 2 Lightning Ability
Level 12 - None
Level 13 - None
Level 14 - Tier 3 Lightning Ability
Level 15 - Tier 1 Fire Ability
Level 16 - None
Level 17 - Tier 2 Healing Ability

Once you are level 16 and have all of these abilities you should be gathering around 3-4 levels every 5-9 minutes.

Even though I prefer this build while leveling I do enjoy the melee play aspect of the game. I will usually try to have everything I need for my melee play by level 14.
So the build I use is:

Level 1 - None (No Points yet)
Level 2 - Tier 1 Attack Ability
Level 3 - Tier 1 Lightning Ability
Level 4 - Tier 1 Healing Ability
Level 5 - None
Level 6 - Tier 2 Attack Ability
Level 7 - None
Level 8 - Tier 2 Healing Ability
Level 9 - None
Level 10 - None
Level 11 - Tier 3 Attack Ability
Level 12 - None
Level 13 - None
Level 14 - Tier 3 Healing Ability

Hopefully this helps develop Steppdaddy's post to even brighter standards!

jagajaga
jagajaga
19 posts
Nomad

if u want to hatch your egg early, put it in the "" Day Care "" and change the time of your computer, it works 100 %, for example if the egg needs 104 minutes to hatch, add 103 minutes to your computer' clock.

R3DL3ARU3L
R3DL3ARU3L
1 posts
Nomad

Just a quick question what do you think is better a melee build or a magic build. In terms of how much damage you can dish out. thanks in advance

RPE
RPE
1 posts
Nomad

Castaway 2 is fun but very hard and confusing. If you need help with crafting, just look on the forum or google crafting guide ^.^

antazo
antazo
1 posts
Nomad

how can i craft nailbat

maneclaw
maneclaw
1 posts
Nomad

antazo go to the crafting guide on google type in castaway 2 crafting guide

punksush1
punksush1
14 posts
Farmer

are ice spells helpful at all?

Kijul
Kijul
3 posts
Nomad

Yes freeze spells are very helpful against bosses. How I kill bosses is by either using a freeze spell to freeze the boss and the use spin, or substitute the freeze spell for Shield Bash.

viibing
viibing
1 posts
Nomad

get necro'd you soy boys

Showing 1-11 of 11