ForumsNews and FeedbackA random game button

9 4671
TheMouse
TheMouse
11 posts
Nomad

On another good site I was playing on there was a random game button. It would randomly select a game got you if you don't know what to play and it will let you explore games that you might have overlooked. Please consider this idea!

• 9 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Someone put this on GetSatisfaction some weeks ago. AG has it under consideration for AG3.

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Didn't AG have a random game box a while ago?

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Didn't AG have a random game box a while ago?

Yes.

I don't remember why it was taken out, and I don't want to search back into old threads at the moment - so tired.
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I don't remember why it was taken out, and I don't want to search back into old threads at the moment - so tired.

I think it was because the random game thing slowed the site down, so they took it off and replaced it with random web games.
master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

I think it was because the random game thing slowed the site down, so they took it off and replaced it with random web games.

I think that was right. I remember hearing that a while ago.
JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

I think it would be better with a random game button for your favorite games.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

JohnGarell, if you only favorite a few games though, it wouldn't be as useful.

We've talked about it internally, and will probably build it as a "game of the day" setup. The system can just find a game based on some criteria, like "more than a 7.0 rating" and pick one at random as the daily game.

goldair1
goldair1
158 posts
Nomad

if its a random game and you add a thing for like

Form
Action
Adventure
Arcade
Shooting
Puzzle & Skill
Strategy
Sports
Misce
just
Random
Between rating
1 to 3
4 to 7
8 to 10

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Goldair1, as I mentioned, we'll build that criteria internally so it's "fair" across all of our games, though it'll probably have a minimum rating of 6.0 to be considered.

Showing 1-9 of 9