ForumsSupport ForumMessage Alert.

5 2308
crazynaitor
crazynaitor
2,612 posts
Jester

So sorry if this was made before.

Well I think there should be a message alert because you might be on the forums or playing a game or something else but what if when you were online and when somebody posted a message on your profile I think it should go like this You just got a message or maybe just like a ding a ling noise.What does the community of Armor Games think?

• 5 Replies
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,678 posts
Jester

Well...there is an option for you to get an email message every time you get a comment. Which works well for me because I just keep gmail in another tab and the tab name tells me how may new messages I have.

Arax_Nisanu
Arax_Nisanu
1,305 posts
Nomad

Well, a noise or "ding" as you put it may be a bit much. Personally i do not want to be interrupted while playing a game with a lousy "ding" As for message notifications, i think it needs to be put into place. As of a few days ago, we had the "online notification icon" seems easy and simple. What if they added a small icon next to the link to our name and profile link in the upper right hand corner? Just a small colored dot when we get a message. Seems easy enough to make and put into motion on the site. So, 'crazynaitor' those are my personal thoughts on your fascinating idea. It was indeed a good one right off the bat, just may take time and need some tweaking. If the site wants to use the noise notification, it should be anything but a simple ding. Maybe more of a sword clashing together kind of noise. To stick with the theme. Best of luck, and have a great joyful day crazynaitor!

nick_coolhaha
nick_coolhaha
1,197 posts
Herald

Yeah I agree it should just be something simple like a blink next to your name, but either way I don't think it's a really necessary idea because you could just check it after you're done doing whatever you're busy doing. It's not that complicated to do.

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

I would be happy with just an icon next to my name. Perhaps an envelope to represent a message?

If we decide to add sound for it, I would rather that be an option so I can turn it off.

armorgold
armorgold
273 posts
Nomad

well it will b helpful if theres popups not a loud ding!

Showing 1-5 of 5