ForumsNews and Feedback[unnecessary] Ag3 forums mobile phone app

11 4989
KyahcoSukaimasutae
KyahcoSukaimasutae
311 posts
Nomad

It would make things a lot easyer and would make more user go to the forum if they made an ap for the forums. Like the facebook or other aps.

It could give all our mail and activity streams alarts and such on it two making an easy to use one stop spot for andriod and iphone users. Pulse you could make it so you can change your armatar and look at your Rep and AP, or any thing else.

Although it would take a lot of work to make, and it would have to be in a non flash format/platform (like java).

• 11 Replies
ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

I was thinking about this just last night, and I really want it.
I would maybe even buy it for .99 cents if it's nice.
It could use flash if it was on the Droid. :3
But yeah, please consider making this, guys. C:

master565
master565
4,107 posts
Nomad

Although it would take a lot of work to make, and it would have to be in a non flash format/platform (like java).

You mean objective-C .

Either way anyone who has access to the forums on a smart phone can just go on the forums via internet browser. Making an app will just make it easier for a very small amount of users and probably wont benefit AG at all.
acmed
acmed
3,518 posts
Nomad

guys, we're all nerds. everyone thinks that. it'll be even better if we have forums on the go?
"Did ya get a text?"
"Nope! Got my RPG reply!"
Forums don't have to be with someone 24/7. its just a thing we have, an app? no

ProfessorOak
ProfessorOak
993 posts
Nomad

Not really, none of my friends know me as the kid who goes on the computer.
Anyways, I think it would be something cool to add :3

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

We're already planning a better mobile version of the site where you can browse activity streams, leave comments, send messages, etc.. If you have a Flash-enabled phone, we could probably give you access to play the mobile games.

This will be a post-launch feature, though, if I recall, so it's a little ways off.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Oh, and it'll be web-based, so it won't be a separate app to download for any given platform.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

(post deleted)

We've already said: it won't be a separate downloadable app. You'll get to some parts of the site via your mobile web browser.

To start, we'll let you have access to your private Inbox, and expand out from there.

Holladay15
Holladay15
3,671 posts
Nomad

Yeah, A sperate App isn't really needed I have an LG rumor touch and even though it isn't a smart phone I can surf through the forums quick enough. Imagine with a smartphone, this would just be a waste of resources and time to make an Armorgames.com app

JohnGarell
JohnGarell
1,752 posts
Peasant

Yeah; not just the forums. I would like whole AG! I often use it now for comments and so.

Legion1350
Legion1350
5,366 posts
Nomad

I've been thinking about this for months! Sure, I use the forums on my iPod already, but it's rather difficult to maneuver. This would be absolutely perfect! Glad to know that a good portion of the site will have mobile capabilities. My thanks to the AG dev team.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Glad to know that a good portion of the site will have mobile capabilities

Well, like I said, to *start*, we'll let you access your private Inbox. Other areas will be added down the road.
Showing 1-11 of 11