ForumsWEPRDemocratic Primaries

14 3856
razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Well, Obama easily won South Carolina tonight, with Hillary taking 2nd and Edwards coming in last. With the way the primaries have gone so far this year, what do you think will happen on Super Tuesday, 9 days from now?

• 14 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

What are the stats at this point? How many has Hillary won? How many has Obama won?

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Obama won Iowa and now South Carolina, and Hillary has won New Hampshire and Nevada.

Obama has won more votes and delegates so far, technically, but Hillary is still ahead due to the previously pledged "superdelegates", but it's becoming closer.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Hmmm.... very interesting. Well the race is very close so far. I find it funny that Hillary thought she was a shoe in, and then Obama came from behind as is neck in neck!

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Yeah, it's one heck of a race so far. I'm an Obama supporter, so the win in S.C. was quite exciting.

We'll see, though. Obama has momentum, but Hillary has the backing of a lot of established Democratic leaders.

The_B_Man
The_B_Man
75 posts
Nomad

I have no idea!

ShinigamiSama
ShinigamiSama
67 posts
Nomad

Obama will get a huge bounce from media, after getting 55% to Hillary's 27%.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Yeah, I think so too. Caroline Kennedy endorsed him today in the NY Times, as well, with an article powerfully titled "A President Like My Father".

Ted Kennedy endorsed him today, too. Looks like he's picking up quite a bit now. I expect more to be coming in now that he once again appears very viable.

I think that in the likely case that McCain wins the Republican nomination, Obama matches up exceptionally well against him compared to a fairly unfavorable matchup with Hillary, so that might affect some endorsements or votes. We'll see.

ShinigamiSama
ShinigamiSama
67 posts
Nomad

I think Romney will win the Republican nomination, and bankrupt himself, before losing to the Democratic nominee.

razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

*shrug*

I just see McCain winning it with all the endorsements he's getting recently.

Personally, I think the guy's crazy. He's too old, too conservative, and just too...weird for me to consider him president. At least Romney looks the part, haha.

But yeah, I think if I HAD to pick a Republican candidate, it would be Romney, but lets just say I'm glad that it looks like the Democrats will pull this one out.

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Obama will win the primaries however i am scared that John Mcain will win. However George Bush is such a dumbass and has fuckd it up the American people might be willing to accept a black president. Who knows

Craze77
Craze77
813 posts
Peasant

George Bush hasnt fucked up! If John Kerry wouldve got it do you think it would have been better???

woody_7007
woody_7007
2,662 posts
Peasant

Yes because John Kerry isnt a retard. George Bush is

necromancer
necromancer
750 posts
Peasant

War
Immigration
War
No Child Left Behind
War
Medicare
War
Lying
War
Bowing to Corporations
War
Economy
War
Oil
War
-Yeah I would say Bush has ****ed up, Craze

kanethebrain
kanethebrain
242 posts
Nomad

Holy Zombie Threads, Batman!

The Democratic primaries are winding down. Obama has the lead in pledged delegates, superdelegates, contests won, and popular vote totals; even if you include Florida and Michigan, which seems unlikely. The question is whether Clinton will drop out or try to take it to the convention. Really, I hope she drops out soon, so the Democrats can get their act together to support each other for the general election. I'm not so sure taking it to the convention is really such a good idea for party unity.

And I'm glad to see that our discussion of the 2004 race has elevated itself to the "your guy is a dum-dum" level.

Showing 1-14 of 14