ForumsNews and FeedbackAG3 Calendar: May 24, 2011. Codename: Club

17 5872
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

By now, you know the drill. We're in QA for the next few days, and our beta release will happen some time on the 24th. Hopefully in the morning, with emergency bug fixes in the afternoon.

The newsletter will go out, and I will tweet as soon as the beta is released, and invite codes will be sent shortly after that for people who have signed up for the beta since the morning of May 3rd.

Anyone who has signed up for the beta will get an invite code. If you've signed up prior to May 3rd, contact me via Email from the Email address you used to sign up and I'll try to find your invite code. If you signed up AFTER May 3rd, I will not look up your invite code until after May 25th. Please check your spam folder if your newsletter or invite code don't arrive by the 26th.

PLEASE READ THE NEWSLETTERS! We have vital information in them about things we need you to test (new features, bug fixes), and have notes of things you need to pay attention to.

On the schedule for next week's release:

- Change your armatar on ag3; this will NOT change your armatar here on AG2, and changing any details about your account here at AG2 will likely overwrite your armatar change at AG3.

- A new threaded Inbox system. This might mean that we need to wipe all existing Inbox messages. Boo hoo, it's beta, get over it. If I have some free time, I'll see if I can import the old messages into the new mailbox setup but it's not a priority for me.

- privacy setting updates... check the list when beta gets released to make sure you understand how they work.

... oh yeah, and a little thing we like to call:

Enable public commenting on profile pages

... if your privacy settings allow it.

We have other stuff up our sleeve, too. Stay tuned.

- various links on the site will now go to placeholder text; this stuff is mostly cosmetic

• 17 Replies
Patrick2011
Patrick2011
12,321 posts
Treasurer

I don't get why the codename is not known (by cormyn) until the day of the release or so. I am looking forward to getting on Beta.

cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

Larry has the list of names on his system, but I put together the newsletter, so I generally don't have the name until I ask him for it so I can finish writing the newsletter.

Showing 16-17 of 17