ForumsGamesPokemon Games?

218 40519
xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
829 posts
Nomad

Express all your feelings related to Pokemon and its games here!

• 218 Replies
xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
829 posts
Nomad

I personally enjoy the Kanto Region, and all the Pokemon games.

FallenSky
FallenSky
1,816 posts
Peasant

Well, just how redundant is that...

I pretty much like all the pokemon games because I'm a pokemaniac, however, the third generation is the worst of them all to me. My opinion is that they made a good comeback with Black and White. Games had not been this good since the times of G/S/C.

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
608 posts
Nomad

I played a ton of Pokemon games. And I owned a ton of them. I'm also a Pokemon Fan. And I enjoyed the games a ton. They where all very good and very enjoyable. Heart Gold and Soul Silver was great. I loved the remakes of the classic Gold and Silver Games. Black and White where very good also. Good story and the new Pokemon where good.

Knives92
Knives92
232 posts
Nomad

Personally I think they vastly improved on overall game quality with each new generation. And anyone liking a older generation more than a new should only be because of 1. nostalgia 2. the pokemon were better looking/cooler or 3. the story was better. I actually enjoyed the third generation the most. I played it the most. I like the pokemon from that generation the most. And I enjoyed team aqua/plasma a lot more than the same old "lets take over the world" team rocket. This generation's story was interesting as well though.

dumbbutdeadly2189
dumbbutdeadly2189
113 posts
Nomad

I'v been playing Pokemon since team rocket and while I am impressed with the improvement in graphics and story development I am upset with the Pokemon themselves. Nintendo has lost individuality of their ability to have an original game with original ideas. Yu-Gi-Oh and other competitors where the games I grew up with but they have changed to much. For example when Yu-Gi-Oh first came out the best monster was Blue Eyes White Dragon with 3000 attack, my little cousin has a card with 30,000 attack. The attack has gone up faster than gas prices. Pokemon has gone from Cyndaquil, Chikorita, Totodile as starters to Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott (who looks like a little clown). They have a Pokemon with a laser gun on his back and his ability is "Download", what is download?!? At least put Pikachu in the next game, he was the icon for the first 4 games and shows. Overall its gotten better but has moved too much with the little kids who play it now's AD/HD idea process. Its gotten to EASY!!!!

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
608 posts
Nomad

I hear your complaints. I agree. The graphics are very cool. And the lack of Pokemon names have gotten horrible. But Black And White still hold as good games. And or still fun.

Dylanator
Dylanator
89 posts
Nomad

I love Pokemon. They're so creative and funny! I've always played, and watched the anime. I have Black, and it has evolved so much. Overall, I love Pokemon.

ChillzMaster
ChillzMaster
1,435 posts
Nomad

Pokemon. my god. Easily, my 2nd favorite franchise of all time (zomg haloz 4tw lolcakes, jk) I've loved every game that comes out, they're really not bad, innovation has been pushed to the max, and black and white are totally awesome, but its the pokemon that get me.

Ever since Red and Blue, Pokemon has made giant leaps... but...eh...

I started with starters that look like this...

http://pokemaniaman.webs.com/Pokemon%20Starters.jpg

that turn into this...

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbl12wo3Ip1qbe7n1o1_500.jpg

and now the kids of today start with these...

http://nintendorks.com/media/7/20110312-snivy_tepig_oshawott.png

that turn into these...

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgs9bwSFa21qzam55o1_500.jpg

Yes, it appears that at least the evolutions are cool... but come on! I can't deal with these new designs... that three-headed dragon thing is the only Gen V pokemon I'd include in any tournament team of mine, and I'd be embaressed to bring anyone else!

Yes, we had the ugly Jinx's, Electabuzz's, and Magmar's, but we also had NidoKing, Rhydon, Charizard, Mewtwo, Dragonite, Aerodactyl, the list goes on!

Look, I like where the new games are headed, but I really just want better-looking pokemon. Johto? they knew what they were doing. Feraligatr didn't have an artillery piece on his back, but he was sure awesome.

Why can't we have another johto, a sequel with pokemon that are a majority cooler than the previous series? Don't give me that "Arceus is cool cuz he's the God of Pokemon" The concept of catching the Pokemon God was unheard of in the 90's, so why is it acceptable now?

(I'm going for more of a design than usefulness preference... although my second favorite pokemon, Gyarados, is a bit of a beast...)

xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
829 posts
Nomad

(I'm going for more of a design than usefulness preference... although my second favorite pokemon, Gyarados, is a bit of a beast...)

I think they should make a 3rd evolution for Gyarados because they haven't yet. But overall, Pokemon is awesome!
idontsuckthatmuch
idontsuckthatmuch
2,270 posts
Nomad

I pretty much lost interest in the new Pokemon games at this point. There's too much stuff to get used to, and I just prefer to play my Pokemon Ruby. I've beaten it God knows how many times, but it's never lost it's charm.

cam25
cam25
73 posts
Nomad

i used to be addicted to pokemon but not so mech anymore because im 14 feel free to add me as a friend

DarkGamer99
DarkGamer99
608 posts
Nomad

I still love the games. And I'm 26 years old. Very fun to play.

GanDi
GanDi
8 posts
Nomad

I like pokemon the way I remembered it.. With the first original 150 or so pokemon..

When they started making a whole bunch of new pokemon, the univers kind of died for me..
That's just my oppinon..

xXKashitoXx
xXKashitoXx
829 posts
Nomad

I gotta admit, Kanto region, in my opinion, was the most classical and the best of all Pokemon series.

eaglepaw
eaglepaw
322 posts
Nomad

when i was child i watch pokemon on TV.

Showing 1-15 of 218