ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Live Chat Suggestion

Posted Jul 19, '11 at 6:30pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

an armatar bleep would be weird and possibly annoying

I think Facebook plays a little 'pop' sound when certain events happen, but might be related to their chat system, not their general alert system.

Posted Jul 22, '11 at 10:54pm

nabagaca

nabagaca

1 post

i think your chat system should be simple this is my design thought you have a chat that follows you page to page so users aren't cramped up on one page and that page doesn't crash it should have an admin/mod people on it and under each post on the chat chat it should have a report this post button and it should be hosted on another website but put into the css of this site to prevent the website crashing

Posted Jul 23, '11 at 12:59am

Roger721

Roger721

614 posts

Hey... in Google's Orkut (that social network that was beaten up by Facebook), there is a chat system. A small popup appears on the left bottom of the screen and tells you what friends are online or offline. Then if you start chatting with someone, another popup appears in the middle bottom of the screen and you can chat in there. These popups are "persistent" and don't disappear when the page is loading. In these popups you can choose if you're online, absent, busy or offline.

A similar system would do the trick here, wouldn't it?

Posted Jul 23, '11 at 3:49am

Zabusy99

Zabusy99

70 posts

Roger721

First off i dont think its good idea becuase similiar system is already used on Facebook and dont forget about copyrights.

Posted Jul 23, '11 at 10:40am

flasharcadegames

flasharcadegames

1 post

I wouldn't allow custom created chatrooms, idiots & spammers will be posting inappropriate links (eg pron & buy handbags) & rooms (eg who wants s x e x!).

Chat administrators should be admins only. If anybody has issue with a person in a chat session they can flag it.

I would go for flash/JSON/XML and make it only available to reg users. For bandwidth considerations and to ease the load on the server I would also make the shoutbox clickable to initiate and deactivate the chat.

Posted Jul 24, '11 at 6:26pm

Dregus2

Dregus2

440 posts

if AG gets a chat bar it will officially be better than Kongregate

Posted Jul 25, '11 at 6:08pm

Roger721

Roger721

614 posts

First off i dont think its good idea becuase similiar system is already used on Facebook and dont forget about copyrights.

Yeah. But start a chat engine from 0 would take a LOONG time. And if it's similar, it isn't equal, then there is no need for copyrights.

(By similar I say similar engine and not similar style...)

Posted Jul 25, '11 at 6:30pm

kingofwar1234

kingofwar1234

461 posts

If there os like a chat room type thing, the person who made the chat room the system should make the user an automatic chat moderatorFor that specific room nowhere else, jst there. And there should be a max amount of chat rooms made, otherwise, there will be about 5000 chat rooms, and tht would be too out of control

Posted Jul 25, '11 at 8:10pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

the person who made the chat room the system should make the user an automatic chat moderator

We've already discussed this, we won't give "moderator" status to any regular user in the chat system. And we haven't even decided whether to allow private rooms or not.

Posted Jul 25, '11 at 10:41pm

crazyape

crazyape

501 posts

Eehhh.... Maybe there could be a censor, that could be set on sensitivity levels.

Reply to Live Chat Suggestion

You must be logged in to post a reply!