ForumsNews and FeedbackLive Chat Suggestion

504 162573
cormyn
cormyn
2,892 posts
Nomad

To avoid so many duplicate threads, please place your ideas and thoughts on a live chat system here.

Initially, we weren't going to do a live chat, but enough users asked for it that Dan has agreed, and we'll add a live chat to the system AFTER we launch AG3. It will NOT be part of the AG3 launch.

Ideas that others have suggested:
- custom channels
- password-protected channels
- kick/ban controls
- moderation controls
- report a user

We don't know yet if the chat will be Flash based, Java based, or something else.

• 504 Replies
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

So you can just add random friends right?
Well what if you send requests about being friends then you can only chat with the people you agreed to be friends with.

The friending system will be like Twitter/Facebook. Well, I don't like only being able to talk to them. I'd rather it be public, and have a one on one private chat option in there.
As for filters and such; how about a filter that sensors swears automatically. Anyone who swears should be reported to the website and lose points or something.

Chats won't be tied with points at all and I don't see that as a punishment. It's better for them to get banned since it states in the rules "no excessive profanity", but if you do it every once in a while it's fine.
starraider15
starraider15
25 posts
Nomad

i think armor games should run up to twenty different chat rooms an have anyone join a chatroom of there choice

starraider15
starraider15
25 posts
Nomad

and the chatrooms would run like facebooks

starraider15
starraider15
25 posts
Nomad

but also open to the members of armor games only

starraider15
starraider15
25 posts
Nomad

and you can make your own friend-only chatrooms

sinu11
sinu11
2 posts
Nomad

ESPAÃ'AA!!!

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

and the chatrooms would run like facebooks

Those are only for one on one chatting, though. What they are going to do with the chat rooms are public chat for everyone and you may have the choice to private chat people.

I doubt they'd allow us to create our own, Cormyn has even mentioned that they won't allow those, so better to keep that offsite, or you can just gather up your friends and use a chat room on Armor Games when it's implemented.
eelephants
eelephants
23 posts
Nomad

i think armor games should run up to twenty different chat rooms an have anyone join a chatroom of there choice....

Wouldn't the chat rooms become too full? Because on some websites with only a certain amount of rooms when they become too full they crash or become way to slow and messages don't come through.

eelephants
eelephants
23 posts
Nomad

What if there's chat for each game!
People playing the game could talk to other Armor Game users that are playing that game too.
That way there would be organized chats for people who want to talk about that game or games like it or other things.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

Wouldn't the chat rooms become too full?

There are few active people in the forums and I doubt many will pay attention to the chats, so 20 is a good number to start out with. They could always add more if needed.
What if there's chat for each game!

They've already said no to the idea of adding chats to games. The chats will most likely be on a page dedicated to them.
benjaminio
benjaminio
83 posts
Nomad

Wouldn't that be like a private chat, which wasn't going to be allowed because then the mods wouldn't be able to monitor what is being said in them?

It would be better just to join a public chat room and talk there, if there is something you really need to say privately, why would you want to say it over armour games? Just use something off site.
eelephants
eelephants
23 posts
Nomad

[i]It would be better just to join a public chat room and talk there, if there is something you really need to say privately, why would you want to say it over armour games? Just use something off site....

But some people might like things private. There should be a private option for people who don't want to talk with a bunch of random strangers that could be stalkers or whatever.

Matthewrents
Matthewrents
15 posts
Nomad

There are 28 pages and I have not read them all, so I apologize to anyone if I'm duplicating suggestions.

-Profanity in user-created rooms: There should be an option for toggling profanity in a room. Rooms where profanity is allowed should (and I'm assuming would) be marked that there is profanity.
-Spamming is annoying for most people that encounter it, so I feel there should be a way to reduce spamming. Allow only a certain amount of talking (if that makes sense).

So for chats, it would be cool to have chats for games, then maybe a friends page chat box? Something that you can have a long-term conversation, and the page saves the log when you close the browser window or something of the like.

Matthewrents
Matthewrents
15 posts
Nomad

[quote]I would think for Private Chats the most that should be done (if they do happen) should be an invitation-type system. You probably don't want to be chat-spammed (spam-chatted?) by someone you don't want to talk to, and you can only send an invitation to a user every day or so.

I like this private chat idea. Maybe a pop-up browser chatroom system? But all of the ideas you mentioned with it, I agree. (spam-invites and invite only)

Matthewrents
Matthewrents
15 posts
Nomad

Oops. I forgot to close the quote. Haha I think you get it though

Showing 256-270 of 504