Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Live Chat Suggestion

Posted May 25, '11 at 7:50pm

TerryLasVegas

TerryLasVegas

804 posts

Everyone who starts a room is a chat moderator

What if its a spammer or a troll who does nothing but post explicit things or ban people for no reason?

Posted May 25, '11 at 8:01pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

TerryLasVegas, that's where the "report user" feature would come in. Even if they created the room, you'd still be able to report them.

Posted May 25, '11 at 8:23pm

Osumnis

Osumnis

1,146 posts

No, it would be separate from the games. However, this does raise a tricky point about where on the site we place the chat window so you can continue to chat while you browse around the site.

It should be like the gmail chat, in the corner somewhere, it should be able to be moved around and you should have the ability to change the size.

Posted May 26, '11 at 12:11pm

alejachu

alejachu

7 posts

Will it be possible form teams?

Posted May 26, '11 at 12:17pm

dillsoccer

dillsoccer

158 posts

that would be cool.I dont know how that would turn out

Posted May 26, '11 at 3:59pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

11,600 posts

Will it be possible form teams?

There will be a clan system in AG3. Discuss it in the appropriate sticky.

Posted May 26, '11 at 9:29pm

Alexistigerspice

Alexistigerspice

1,455 posts

are there going to be private chatrooms? is there a filter? will private, if any, conversations be monitored?

Posted May 27, '11 at 4:27pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,962 posts

Knight

Whether we have private chat rooms or password-protected rooms will depend on which chat engine we use. Regardless of private/password status, all users will have the ability to report the other user, which will probably share the entire conversation with a moderator or admin to deal with it.

Posted May 29, '11 at 11:36am

wwedfan1

wwedfan1

188 posts

that would be cool but i think you should be able to talk to like one of the friends you have.a mod could come and see when ever they wanted.

Posted May 29, '11 at 12:00pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

15,472 posts

Knight

I like the idea of chat rooms for AG3. But what about making it a little like Kongregate. Such as AG creating the chat rooms, then assigning certain users as chat moderators. Not sure if AG will do that, though, because of the whole argument 'if you can trust them with some moderator powers, then why not make them a full moderator' Well, it'll be different. They'll only be able to kick/ban people from the chat room.

We don't know yet if the chat will be Flash based, Java based, or something else.

I'd prefer flash, because I tend to turn javascript off sometimes when playing certain flash games so that I don't have lag.

Reply to Live Chat Suggestion

You must be logged in to post a reply!