Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Live Chat Suggestion

Posted Apr 15, '12 at 5:34pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,478 posts

AG used to have a chat system, but the problem rises in how to police it. If multiple users have multiple chats up, then how can you effectively stop people from breaking the rules?

I don't remember AG ever having a chat system, though there has been chat spam on the forums before, including TTICA (a thread deleted several months ago that had a changing topic and was called "This Thread Is Currently About: ...").

Posted Apr 15, '12 at 6:10pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

I don't remember AG ever having a chat system

I believe it was around the time the site was still new.

Posted Apr 15, '12 at 6:32pm

Maverick4

Maverick4

3,707 posts

though there has been chat spam on the forums before, including TTICA (a thread deleted several months ago that had a changing topic and was called "This Thread Is Currently About: ...").

That was due more to noob users spamming than anything else. When it was just the vets and regs, it was fine.

Posted Apr 15, '12 at 9:13pm

melee1114

melee1114

1 post

i think armorgames should a stop all stars like these:*****

Posted Apr 15, '12 at 9:16pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,692 posts

Knight

i think armorgames should a stop all stars like these

It's to censor swearing and offensive language.

Posted Apr 18, '12 at 9:59pm

JoSam

JoSam

12 posts

I think the users that put live chat are looking for uses that use it to get into verbal fights with each other, it has to be a bad thing because it is not monatered from what i know, it show be banned from the site

Posted Apr 18, '12 at 10:08pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,478 posts

I think the users that put live chat are looking for uses that use it to get into verbal fights with each other, it has to be a bad thing because it is not monatered from what i know, it show be banned from the site

What makes you think that? Besides, there is currently no chat, and the way to monitor chat has not been determined yet.

Posted Apr 24, '12 at 11:45am

jkl3848

jkl3848

242 posts

There are pro's and con's to live chat. I was wondering, would it be a side panel, that showed on every game, like on Kongregate? Or would it be on the navigation bar. If I were to use it, (which I probably won't) I would want it as a side panel on every game.

Posted Apr 24, '12 at 11:48am

jkl3848

jkl3848

242 posts

It's to censor swearing and offensive language.

That's true, but I think he means that It would stop people from putting those. When I see them, they usually put at least one of the real letters, which helps you to spell the word. It could block all swearing and blocked swearing. I think that is what he meant.

Posted Apr 25, '12 at 12:21am

invasionbyidea

invasionbyidea

5 posts

It would be nice to have private messages because I found someone cool but I have no way to contact them. :C

Reply to Live Chat Suggestion

You must be logged in to post a reply!