Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Live Chat Suggestion

Posted Jun 3, '11 at 3:19pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Because we don't know what chat engine we're going to use, we can't speculate on whether we'll have something like Facebook's user chat system, or be able to invite to a private chat room with a password.

Posted Jun 3, '11 at 3:30pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Because we don't know what chat engine we're going to use, we can't speculate on whether we'll have something like Facebook's user chat system, or be able to invite to a private chat room with a password.

If there are private user chats, like Facebook or Gmail Chat, could there be webcam chatting, or is that strictly forbidden? :D Sorry if that has already been addressed.

Posted Jun 3, '11 at 4:05pm

Jefferysinspiration

Jefferysinspiration

3,133 posts

I don't think a webcam chat would work on the likes of this. A chatroom is a brilliant dea, regardless of what format it comes in - sounds brilliant.

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 10:51am

JamesTKirk

JamesTKirk

1 post

I think that there should be a personal chat that can be used for Armor Games friends only.

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 12:50pm

Sonatavarius

Sonatavarius

1,344 posts

most chat rooms I know of have a private messaging feature that just puts up another tab from the main chat.  anything more than that might be overkill...  but when you think about it.  The facebook "group" chats that are a recent development allow the same functionality as a chatroom... plus coupled w/ uniquely uploaded armatars having the user's pics put up in a small picture similar to fb would allow us to know who is on and hovering the mouse over similar pics would tell us their name if we didn't know.  but the problem I see with that is... that to be similar to facebook you have to be similar to facebook.  ...and I dunno if you could do that.  but the placement and toggling on and off (collapsing) would minimize the amount of space it'd take up and you could surf any and all pages w/o much of a problem.  (that problem being... a large square and discussion just stuck there on the side of the page.

i've scimmed over the discussions... if you've already discussed this chat style... then I'm sorry for bringing it back up...its just difficult to jump in when the conversations have already accumulated 100000000 posts you have to read to catch up on

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 12:55pm

eaglepaw

eaglepaw

250 posts

i want it:)
it will be fun for AG users.

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 1:08pm

Holladay15

Holladay15

253 posts

I think that there should be a personal chat that can be used for Armor Games friends only.

Yes, I would like this as well. when I am chatting someone I want to chat with someone I met on forums and actually talk to them and stuff and have them as friends not a random placement in chat room with people I might have never known in the forum.

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 2:19pm

jeol

jeol

3,565 posts

Yes, I would like this as well. when I am chatting someone I want to chat with someone I met on forums and actually talk to them and stuff and have them as friends not a random placement in chat room with people I might have never known in the forum.

Yeah, I prefer one-on-one conversations rather than group conversations. I never talk in groups, not even in real life. I feel... Overwhelmed.

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 3:14pm

Holladay15

Holladay15

253 posts

Yeah, I prefer one-on-one conversations rather than group conversations. I never talk in groups, not even in real life. I feel... Overwhelmed.

Well, Group chat is one thing a chat room is another I would like a group chat where you invite your friend not a chatroom.

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 3:24pm

FearRiver

FearRiver

9 posts

I think group chatting would be a great idea, maybe allowing users to help each other/give tips on some games one user has played and the other has not.

Reply to Live Chat Suggestion

You must be logged in to post a reply!