Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Live Chat Suggestion

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 3:31pm

JohnGarell

JohnGarell

953 posts

I think that there should be a personal chat that can be used for Armor Games friends only.

But I would like to chat with other then my friends. Not like in fb.

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 3:55pm

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,492 posts

But I would like to chat with other then my friends. Not like in fb.

Then there should be both a friends only chat and a more open chat.

Posted Jun 4, '11 at 9:03pm

sprooschicken

sprooschicken

775 posts

Then there should be both a friends only chat and a more open chat.

this seems slightly pointless to me, I mean it would only work if it was you and one other user, because with most people their friends are not friends with eachother, if the chat was open to your friends and their friends it would just become an open chat, a private chat rooms system would probab;y work much better than any friends related system

Posted Jun 7, '11 at 12:12pm

eaglepaw

eaglepaw

250 posts

many chat rooms.
only member can enter.
it will be funny.i want now.:)

Posted Jun 7, '11 at 6:22pm

hellokittymonster

hellokittymonster

6 posts

Great idea! Either flash or Java would probably work but looking into both systems and asking around with people who have used these systems to create chat rooms is probably an excellent idea too. :)

Posted Jun 7, '11 at 7:32pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

Well, it's a given that users will have to be registered and logged in to use the chat room. We don't allow anonymous messages now, so we wouldn't do it on AG3 either.

Posted Jun 15, '11 at 7:48pm

Joe96

Joe96

2,288 posts

If users can start chat rooms, I think it would be a good idea to set up filters like some other people were saying or create passwords or have the servers generate codes for the leaders to send to people they want to invite.

Posted Jun 17, '11 at 10:13pm

awesomenessperson7

awesomenessperson7

80 posts

i think it should be like a face book chat but with everyone who wants to join that chat room

Posted Jun 18, '11 at 5:55am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,693 posts

Knight

If users can start chat rooms, I think it would be a good idea to set up filters like some other people were saying or create passwords or have the servers generate codes for the leaders to send to people they want to invite.

I think that this has been discussed a few pages back and it'll be somewhat like that.

i think it should be like a face book chat but with everyone who wants to join that chat room

By Facebook chat, do you mean for it to be exactly like Facebook chat, or have the little chat box like Facebook follow you around? Well, I consider Facebook chat to be rather small and I don't think that many people could fit into the chat due to it being so small. If you mean that the chat follows you around. I don't see a problem with it, but I'd rather have a page where it displays all the chat rooms. So that it's larger and resembles xat instead of being like tinychat. I'd like for the chat room to be large.

Posted Jun 18, '11 at 4:18pm

awesomenessperson7

awesomenessperson7

80 posts

What i mean is you have the little window following you for what chat room your in while playing and you choose your chat room in a page with all of the chat rooms on it. If you play an online game where you can choose what game browser like thing you play in,I imagine picking your chat room like that and then having the mini facebook like chat following you while you play and stuff.

Reply to Live Chat Suggestion

You must be logged in to post a reply!