Forums

ForumsNews, Feedback and Suggestions

Live Chat Suggestion

Posted Jun 19, '11 at 10:42am

KawaiiRion

KawaiiRion

125 posts

An idea:

How about, if that idea of a "following" little chat box/window, which can be adjusted, could also be so, that there's an own page for it, but then you can press some button, ex. "Detach" or something like that, and then you can move the chat box/window around the whole site of AG and drop it ex. next to a game, if you want to chat while playing a game.

Also, if someone wants to chat about some specific subject, there would be atleast a few different kind of chatrooms ready, that have an ability to choose a subject or so (A little like the sub-Forum system), ex:

General - Discuss random here. Remember the rules! (And so)
Video Games - For all those video game freaks.
(Not so sure about this one, but if someone wants it) Dating - ... *Something*

And so. Or then we can have only one main room/chat, and an ability to make own rooms or chats. They wouldn't be sticky, if the person, who made the room/chat room doesn't want it, huh?

Also, a few moderators to watch after the chat room names would be ok, too, I guess.

Posted Jun 19, '11 at 10:54am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

A chat room that has its own page and you can have it follow you around if you decide that you don't want to have that extra tab open sounds good to me. I'm not too sure about specific subject chat rooms. I kind of like how most chat rooms aren't geared for a specific subject, I'm used to chat rooms where you can can almost about everything(xat chat rooms and Kongregate chat rooms).

As for the dating thing, Kawaii. I don't think that AG will allow something like that. After all, this isn't a dating website.

For the moderator part: I think that there would be many chat rooms being created and such, there are a lot of people on Armor Games and introducing chat rooms into the new site will most likely attract more people to the site. I think that it'll also get more people involved. And given that there are only  nine moderators(gratz Frank), they couldn't possibly monitor ALL the chat rooms. But if there's a problem in a chat room, then you could just send a private message to one of them including the chat room you are on and the details about what's happening.

Posted Jun 19, '11 at 11:06am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

In the first paragraph the second "can" should be "chat".

Posted Jun 20, '11 at 5:18am

valboss84

valboss84

1,479 posts

Chat room: It makes me wonder something: Do everybody will be able to take part in a discussion without asking the "administrator" of the room? Or we'll have to ask him (if there is really one)?

Personnaly, I would prefer the second idea, or everybody could post message only to earn AP.
For example, next to the chat room title, a button "Send a request" would be available, and by clicking on, the admin of the chat room should receive the request on his profile.
Then, he decide to include or not the user which has asked.

Posted Jun 20, '11 at 5:23am

valboss84

valboss84

1,479 posts

Oops, it's not administrator but moderator I think. Sorry for the mistake.

Posted Jun 20, '11 at 11:05am

Patrick2011

Patrick2011

3,395 posts

Personnaly, I would prefer the second idea, or everybody could post message only to earn AP.

I think that would be up to the admin/mod. Also, I think the chat rooms should not be worth AP or Reputation, making the first option viable, especially if the chat room is moderated properly.

Posted Jun 20, '11 at 11:26am

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

Do everybody will be able to take part in a discussion without asking the "administrator" of the room?

Well, I recommended chat room moderators a few weeks ago, but cormyn said no to the idea. If the room is created by someone that wants to have it just for friends, then you'll most likely have to ask the person who created the room to enter. If the room is public, then I'm sure that you'll be able to enter if you'd like.

everybody could post message only to earn AP.

Giving armor points for chat rooms is like giving armor points for clicking around the site. I highly doubt that AP will be given for talking in chat rooms. It'd be far to easy to attain AP. Also, I think cormyn mentioned something about AP not being given for community involvement. Chat rooms count as community involvement.

Posted Jun 20, '11 at 12:55pm

valboss84

valboss84

1,479 posts

No AP for chat room? I haven't think about that but now it sounds evident!

So, it will be pubilc and private chat room, if I've well understood?

Posted Jun 20, '11 at 12:57pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

No AP for chat room?

I don't see why there would be AP from chat rooms.

So, it will be pubilc and private chat room, if I've well understood?

Probably both.

Posted Jun 20, '11 at 3:49pm

cormyn

cormyn

2,863 posts

Knight

that have an ability to choose a subject

No, a chat room is a chat room. We envision one main chat room, or we may cap them at 50 people per room before we create a new one, etc., but they won't be topic based.

Also, since we still don't know which chat engine we're going to use (please suggest some if you know of any), we can't comment for certain which features we'll have.

Reply to Live Chat Suggestion

You must be logged in to post a reply!